• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weekly bonus????

S

Suzi Q

Are my two accounts (and two of my friends) the only one's that didn't receive the weekly bonus this week?? I haven't found any reference on here and emailing the Devs is a waste of time from experience! This is so unfair, as a paying subscriber I expect to get what is due to me! Sick and tired of being sick and tired of different aspects of this game lately. Before setting up lava lamp competions and changing the name for simoleans, perhaps EA should ensure that the more important aspects of the game are working correctly!!
The Devs Rock ... do they? ... I think NOT! At the end of the day, they're doing their chosen profession, a job they are being paid good money to do, no doubt. Unfortunately, there are too many things that they're not doing properly, and it's really starting to annoy me. Nevertheless, I keep on playing and paying, in the hope that things will turn around and be a good value enjoyable experience again. Only time will tell I guess

G

I have 5 accounts, and only received bonus on 1 of them. I think since they had so much trouble this past week it has caused a delay.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

I have 5 accounts, and only received bonus on 1 of them. I think since they had so much trouble this past week it has caused a delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this "delay" stuff. Why isn't this function automatic? Obviously the code is broken because I doubt that the developers or anyone else is going around to each account giving out bonues manually. Which means there should be an answer to why this is broken. I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get an email resoponse so hopefully someone will answer you here.

I

imported_eggchick7

I have 3 accounts only one of mine received the bonus on the 28th, I agree it wud be helpful if it was an automatic bonus but hey Ill just send the other 2 paupers out on the streets with a begging bowl

S

Simsaholic

Maxis has screwed us all. I have been missing bonuses for weeks as well.

G

Has anyone reported not receiving their weekly bonus as a bug?

If not, perhaps you should, if they don't know its not working, they don't know they need to fix it. And if they do know its broken, then I'm sure they are working on a fix.

Bugs reports go to: [email protected]

Polly

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

I have 2 accounts and they received their bonus' right on time on the 24th and 26th. I wonder if maybe, after the last merges, different avatars are getting the bonus? Have you checked the others?

S

Suzi Q

Thanks spaghetti, yes I have checked the others. This is not the first time this has happened, I spoke to parizad in town hall last time, she told me to email support, which I did about 4 weeks ago, still awaiting a reply!

S

Suzi Q

Polly, I emailed that link before, it's the one parizad gave me that I'm still waiting for a reply. Obviously they are aware and obviously they're doing nothing about it! Too interested in lava lamps, changing the name of simoleans and custom content to be bothered I guess

T

Terra Pin

We get bonuses?
Actually I've had 3 separate issues that I've emailed to that link there and haven't heard a single word back. The one that REALLY annoys me is that I can't open an account on the EA-Land site. Well I did open it but it won't accept the password THEY sent me. Again, no response to my problem and it's been almost a week.

W

Whitilicious 07'

I haven't recieved mine on either of my accts , i have posted it but it was lost in all the lag issues somwehere , I have emailed them no answer no money ...Guess i will email them again .

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone reported not receiving their weekly bonus as a bug?

If not, perhaps you should, if they don't know its not working, they don't know they need to fix it. And if they do know its broken, then I'm sure they are working on a fix.

Bugs reports go to: [email protected]

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. I don't know if something was done to rectify it for me or if it was just a glitch but I started getting my Bonus again.
I did not get it back-dated but I was happy that it seems to be sorted.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My last bonus was on 3/20. I don't really care too much $500 doesn't mean anything to me lol.

G

TNOIP, but this set me off: <blockquote><hr>

Maxis has screwed us all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many e-mails they get a day. Looks like they are working on fixing the problems but do not have time for personal responses. As far as I know that addy is for Lee and Parizad. They were both hired for other things than answering e-mails. I see them working in game with what a lot of you call the chosen few. I do not know if they have ever laid eyes on a bunch of these "chosen few". I think they are handling what they can when they can. I know Lee was not hired to be in game handling log in issues. However, I see him doing it quite often. It will not hurt to send another e-mail. Patience works too. They need a bigger team. Until EA starts turning a profit, I do not see this happening. Add up all the paying accts, deduct all the salaries and cost of maint on the game. I know these devs spend the wee hours of many mornings in the office. They work on a salary. I know a lot of you are tired of seeing "give them a break". Truthfully, they need a break. /end rant

Niki, I hope your happy. I used those pom poms you gave me the other night. *hangs up pom poms*
Happy Simming You All

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Filing a bug report via the email provided by EA does not entitle anyone to a response. It is simply a tool to be used to file bug reports. The more detailed information you can provide in your report the more likely the team is able to track and find the bug causing your problems.

For those with multiple accounts, I wouldn't expect bonuses to show up on all accounts on same day. Neither of my accounts receive their bonus on the same day.

According to what has been explained about the bonus system...The oldest sim on your account should receive a $500 bonus each week. Remember, it is one bonus per account, not per sim. If you are not receiving a bonus then you should file a bug report.

S

Suzi Q

Gracie, I do know and understand all that you have said, thanks. Both of my oldest sims live in FF and took over the bonus once FF was merged, they got it once, both on the same day, 20th March. The previous week (13th March) my oldest sim at the time in EAland on one account received hers, but on the other account nothing! I reported the bug as advised by Parizad, still nothing! I don't expect personal email responses or even messages in my account, but I would have expected that the due funds would have been paid by now. All this business about how hard worked the devs are doesn't wash a lot with me either! As I've said previously, they are in their chosen profession, paid a good salary and have dead lines to meet. The one thing they don't seem to do is prioritise their workload. If they continue to upset their existing subscribers, then this game is going nowhere! They should postpone the competitions and name changes and concentrate on issues/bugs and lag. Once thats sorted it's full steam ahead for new and exciting challenges in game

G

<blockquote><hr>

TNOIP, but this set me off: <blockquote><hr>

Maxis has screwed us all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many e-mails they get a day. Looks like they are working on fixing the problems but do not have time for personal responses. As far as I know that addy is for Lee and Parizad. They were both hired for other things than answering e-mails. I see them working in game with what a lot of you call the chosen few. I do not know if they have ever laid eyes on a bunch of these "chosen few". I think they are handling what they can when they can. I know Lee was not hired to be in game handling log in issues. However, I see him doing it quite often. It will not hurt to send another e-mail. Patience works too. They need a bigger team. Until EA starts turning a profit, I do not see this happening. Add up all the paying accts, deduct all the salaries and cost of maint on the game. I know these devs spend the wee hours of many mornings in the office. They work on a salary. I know a lot of you are tired of seeing "give them a break". Truthfully, they need a break. /end rant

Niki, I hope your happy. I used those pom poms you gave me the other night. *hangs up pom poms*
Happy Simming You All

[/ QUOTE ]

*\0/* You crack me up.

But what she says is true. There are thousands of us and only a few devs, they are working hard on fixing things and no one should "expect" a reply from the email. Each bug needs to be reported. I should hope no one uses the email to yell at the devs, thats unlikely to get any results. Soon a new bug report system should be in place, the temporary solution of an email is better then what we had before which was basically nothing.

All of my accts have gotten the bonus on time.

M

mattnotley2004

You will need to set your primary avatar. You won't receive a weekly bonus unless you've done this (because by default, nothing is set as primary, not even your oldest avatar!!)

The version currently in TC3, is the only way to set your primary avatar.

To set EA-Land avatars as your primary... you will need to update to the TC3 version, quit, then open:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe
(which bypasses the updater).

G

I keep the in game messages that tell you you got a bonus on all 4 accounts we have....2 premium, 2 paid One of the premiums gets the bonus on Fridays and the other on Saturdays, but we have been getting those bonuses every 7 days like we are supposed to on all the accounts, though I don't remember what day of the week the bonus comes on the free accounts...one is a Tuesday I think. I wish they all came on the same day but as long as they all get there I can deal with it. What is happening with those who are not getting their bonuses....are you not getting the ingame message from EA or do you get the message that you've received the bonus but no money is added to your balance?

I wonder though, if for some reason they've made it so that each account HOLDER only gets one bonus. I say that because we've both continued to get the bonus, and I'm seeing alot of other people say they are only getting their bonus on 1 out of however many accounts they have......one account is in my name and one is in his so we are two unique players......so I wonder if it's been changed to be per unique player?

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder though, if for some reason they've made it so that each account HOLDER only gets one bonus. I say that because we've both continued to get the bonus, and I'm seeing alot of other people say they are only getting their bonus on 1 out of however many accounts they have......one account is in my name and one is in his so we are two unique players......so I wonder if it's been changed to be per unique player?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least 2 people in this thread have said they are still receiving it on multiple accounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As I've said previously, they are in their chosen profession, paid a good salary and have dead lines to meet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you privy to their salary? You're not. That is an assumption, and probably considering the shoestring budget they are working on, a false one. Anyway, to qualify as a 'good' salary for working 20 hours a day like they do sometimes it'd have to be a hell of a good one. You need to lower your expectations, seriously.

G

Both my accounts got the bonus last week, Wednesday and Friday respectively.

*\o/* to Simone. Very much agree with you.

S

Suzi Q

You seriously think they work these long hours out of the goodness of their heart? Get real! It's a well known fact that IT is where the money is at!

G

<blockquote><hr>

You seriously think they work these long hours out of the goodness of their heart? Get real! It's a well known fact that IT is where the money is at!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if you're working with a company that is doing well and has a full budget. This game has been operating on severely limited budget restraints for a long time, so no I don't think they are making as much as an IT person in a company or program that is doing well would. They don't do it 'purely out of the goodness of their hearts' but I believe they are underpaid and are here at least somewhat because they have a passion for the future of this game and want to see it succeed. If they didn't care I can almost guarantee they could leave us behind and go get jobs somewhere else at a significant pay raise.

I

imported_eggchick7

Some boats being rocked here I fear..for me I will just wait patiently till it get sorted all in good time I guess

S

Suzi Q

Well, since you so obviously know what you're talking about CBrewton, I guess you must be 'privi' to this information

J

jasminemoon

Still haven't received my weekly bonus
. Guess I'll report it. I just re-simmed so this would be my first "bonus"..a bit disappointed seeing how my... oops..avatar is so poor

And I don't like to jump between free and paid cities as someone mentioned above..I just play paid b/c jumping around seems to cause more probs!

Not trying to be a wet blanket..but I've noticed that those of you that already have money and are set up: well, u jump on the "give the devs a break bandwagon"; While those of us that really NEED this bonus, are the ones that are complaining.

I suppose it's easy to say "who cares, they are working hard" when you already have all your goodies in place..whereas, there are many of us returners that could REALLY use that bonus!

Just an observation...

And, Even if I realize how very hard they are working- this issue should be taken care of as soon as humanly possible. Last time I checked a company that is successful is one that keeps their customer base happy..ya know the customer/client comes first and all that jazz...many of us are returning because of the many promises devs made (obviously not just this one, but) if we don't see them come through it could become disastrous when some of the players decide to cancel..and I hope that doesn't happen!

Face it..right now money in this game is VERY important and very hard to come by. (especially to those of us that have returned with NOTHING AT ALL {zip zilch zero nada} except the promise of amnesty).

I do hope the current maintenance is taking care of it while they reset!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Still haven't received my weekly bonus
. Guess I'll report it. I just re-simmed so this would be my first "bonus"..a bit disappointed seeing how my... oops..avatar is so poor

And I don't like to jump between free and paid cities as someone mentioned above..I just play paid b/c jumping around seems to cause more probs!

Not trying to be a wet blanket..but I've noticed that those of you that already have money and are set up: well, u jump on the "give the devs a break bandwagon"; While those of us that really NEED this bonus, are the ones that are complaining.

I suppose it's easy to say "who cares, they are working hard" when you already have all your goodies in place..whereas, there are many of us returners that could REALLY use that bonus!

Just an observation...

And, Even if I realize how very hard they are working- this issue should be taken care of as soon as humanly possible. Last time I checked a company that is successful is one that keeps their customer base happy..ya know the customer/client comes first and all that jazz...many of us are returning because of the many promises devs made (obviously not just this one, but) if we don't see them come through it could become disastrous when some of the players decide to cancel..and I hope that doesn't happen!

Face it..right now money in this game is VERY important and very hard to come by. (especially to those of us that have returned with NOTHING AT ALL {zip zilch zero nada} except the promise of amnesty).

I do hope the current maintenance is taking care of it while they reset!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no set date for it, like I said I get one account on Friday, one on Saturday and another one on Tuesday (not sure on the 4th). So its not too late.

And not sure what you mean by 'already set up' but in my case it isn't true. I had no objects or houses merge over from production cities, had my game money wiped the same way everybody else has, and have only managed to get 1 lot to a size 5 and make sure the rest of my sims have 200 simoleans on them to tip when I skill them, so I don't see myself as 'set up' at all. The most I have accomplished has been in skills, not in money and yes I do have some very hefty monetary goals, and yes I am bummed about not being able to work my main sim's job because that is where I was making the bulk of my game money, but what good is it gonna do to sit around and focus on what we don't have instead of what we do? It would serve to make me miserable and I hate being miserable so I don't dwell on it. I do what I *can* do right now which is finish the skill goals I have for my 6 TC3 sims and either play code at night with the team I set up or wait until the jobs are fixed. Just because I don't gripe at every turn doesn't mean I think everything is moonlight and roses, I guess I am just grateful that the game wasn't axed all together and that we have what we do have. For me it's just a matter of perception, perspective and attitude. If I wanted to allow myself to become cynical and negative again like so many are, I could......but that's not what I want and I CAN control that when I can't control any of this other crap, so I do.