• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weekly bonus...Someone PLEASE clarify

T

TKSpeedy1

Not that I'm complaining...After all, all of my sims need money. However, I'm confused. I thought it was your oldest EALand avatar on each account that got the weekly bonus. On one of my accounts, that would be the sim I moved from AV to EALand before AV merged. I expected her to be getting her 2nd weekly bonus. But I just logged on to another sim in that account (my last sim to get to EALand) and she's the one who got the bonus. Does the bonus go to a different sim each week? Just curious if they changed it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It goes to the oldest sim on the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there supposed to be a certain day that it gets credited? I *thought* I saw references to them being given out on Wednesdays but I can't seem to locate where I got that info from, so now I'm not sure. It'd be nice to know on my EA Land sims since I am there so much less than TC3 and therefore don't get to make alot of money besides the weekly bonus. Does whether or not you've logged into the oldest sim on the account in the 7 day period matter? I know with other games like *the one that can't be mentioned here so as to not ruffle a certain someone else's feathers* if you don't log in for that time, you don't get your bonus. Is there a similiar feature like that in TC3 or EA Land?

G

I think it might be Wednesdays, honestly I havent paid that much attention to it. Whether or not you login doesnt matter. One of my accounts I rarely login on and last time I did I had about 3k stocked up, not bad for doing nothing.

S

Shyanne1

Really? Both of my sims on my account got the weekly bonus, just on different days. I assume it was one week after they were created and they both were created on a different day. Why would only one of your sims on each account get the $500 week bonus. Doesn't make sense.

G

My oldest sim isn't getting paid, the sim I was playing before AV merged is. Not sure how that is gonna work, but I don't think I got paid this week . . rats.

G

Only one sim per account is supposed to get the weekly bonus. Anyone else getting it on more then one sim on an acct?

G

I have 3 accounts, all receive a weekly bonus of $500 on one <s>sim</s> avatar - originally it was my first EA-Land <s>sim</s> avatar, now its my oldest <s>sim</s> avatar on that account.

I could be wrong, but I think that they get the bonus on different days - I assumed it was to do with the time the first <s>sim</s> avatar was created.

With one of the new updates coming, we will be able to set a primary avatar which will be the one that receives the bonus in future - it won't have to be the oldest <s>sim</s> avatar on that account.

Polly

I

imported_mocntrymn

Only my oldest sims are getting the bonus.... a few of my other sims have gotten the bonus as they were the oldest sim that had merged at the time.. hope this helps... :cool:

S

Shyanne1

why is it only the oldest sim that gets the bonus. You play all of the sims separately so doesn't each one deserve the bonus? It's hard enough to earn money with only one sim earning $500 which really isn't much anyway.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

why is it only the oldest sim that gets the bonus. You play all of the sims separately so doesn't each one deserve the bonus? It's hard enough to earn money with only one sim earning $500 which really isn't much anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this one. When they first started talking about bonuses, it sounded like they were going to be on all sims, but obviously, I misunderstood.

G

I could understand if maybe the first <u>and</u> second sim got a weekly bonus but not all of them. If you were given 4k every week then would there be any sense in working or playing the single object money games?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only one sim per account is supposed to get the weekly bonus. Anyone else getting it on more then one sim on an acct?

[/ QUOTE ]
More than one? LOL. I'd be happy to get it on one. My TC3 guy doesn't get it either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this one. When they first started talking about bonuses, it sounded like they were going to be on all sims, but obviously, I misunderstood.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's only 500 game currency (wish they'd pick the new name since we can't call them simoleans anymore grrr) on the oldest sim per city. Think about it, if they did 500 game currency per sim per week that'd be 4000 in EA Land and 3000 in TC3, that would totally blow our economy in short order and put us back into a flooded economy which is the opposite of the recession we are in, each extreme as just as detrimental as the other one over all.

That having been said, I would love to see a separation between what will be Founder accounts and what will be Premium accounts after April 30th....that Founder accounts get 750-1000 per city and premiums get the regular 500. That would be an increased incentive for people to hurry and register by the deadline whereas at this moment they might be 'on the fence'.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

It goes to the oldest sim on the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Niki. I thought I read somewhere that it was your oldest EaLand sim, which would be the one I moved to EaLand. But if it's the oldest sim on the account, then the right one got the money.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I think it might be Wednesdays, honestly I havent paid that much attention to it. Whether or not you login doesnt matter. One of my accounts I rarely login on and last time I did I had about 3k stocked up, not bad for doing nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bonuses can be payed out on any day of the week. My avatars have different paydays. We get bonuses for two avatars on each account. One $500 for TC3 and the other $500 for EA Land. The oldest avatar gets the money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Bonuses can be payed out on any day of the week. My avatars have different paydays. We get bonuses for two avatars on each account. One $500 for TC3 and the other $500 for EA Land. The oldest avatar gets the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, do you have to be active with that particular 'avatar'? I have an 'avatar' in TC3 that I rarely play her. So will she continue to receive her bonuses?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, do you have to be active with that particular 'avatar'? I have an 'avatar' in TC3 that I rarely play her. So will she continue to receive her bonuses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I asked that question of Niki above and she said that you don't have to log into the avatars to receive the bonus. That is backed up by the fact that my main EAL sim had an extra 1k in bonus on her when I went in to finish the orange game because I hardly ever play there except when playing the mini-games or visiting the Town Hall.

ETA: If certain players are receiving bonuses on more than one avatar then that needs to be reported as a bug and reversed by the devs, because it gives those players an advantage over others who aren't lucky enough to be affected by that particular bug, and could thwart the economy distributing double the amount of simoleans than they intend to for however many people are affected by it and haven't spoken up because they don't want to lose it so they are letting it slide......typical lol when bugs are bad people swing from the rafters hollering for them to be fixed but when they work in their favor and screw other players its shhhhh 'mums' the word LOL. *shakes head*