• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wedding cakes?

2Bornot2B

Hi everyone,

I live at a store and just had a customer come in wanting to buy a wedding cake for her wedding tomorrow. Neither my roommate nor myself was able to put the cake out for sale and we couldn't even put the cake in our inventory to sell it to them via trade. Wedding cakes are not available in buy mode unless you are a store, so why can't stores put them out for sale either? If there are any store owners out there that can put a wedding cake for sale or can trade one pls let me know so I can send this customer your way. Thank you.

Dawn

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If she wants a wedding cake to eat after the wedding, She'll have to do it in a store. We've had this problem since they took the catalog away.

Wedding cakes and turkeys cannot be resold. Must be a health violation or something.

G

wow getting married at a store... kinda like a WalMart moment... *sniff sniff* watching her walk down the housewares isle gets me every time...

G

Do you take *Cheryl to housewares, Cheryl to housewares* to be your lawfully wedded *customer service needed in sporting goods* through both the good times and the *cleanup on aisle 9*?

2Bornot2B

Well, maybe this is a bug that they can work on fixing. Not sure how many people want to get married in a store, although I can see for store owners, it could be a benefit if they are just available for weddings. As to the Walmart moment, that made me LOL along with Strike's comments.

Dawn

G

hmmmm, imma offer weddings on house bio then, and i promise, no announcements during the ceremony

I

imported_Cherri Bear

TTL

Well, this is not about wedding cakes...but stores in general.

I just tried to go to several stores to buy 6 sandwhich boards.

No luck. Either they were AFK (99%) or one had hit limit. The one who had hit limit was very kind.
For that, I am grateful.

My point is...WHY in the world can't we purchase cheap stuff like this anymore from buy mode??? Soooo frustrating!!

One exception...Bell's CC and Crafts...They have been more that helpful and accomodating!! I am going to wait til tomorrow to purchase my sandwich boards.

M

mike1977

Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense to take away our buy mode. With 8 sims, at least one can live in a store lot and soon with us being able to play more than one sim on same account...all one would have to do is buy whatever and pass it on to the other sim.

G

cherry message me in game and ill get ur boards, evasive manuevers.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

oh, and my point is? Why can't we have the cheap stuff that we need in buy mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, Cherri. I think all items should be available in buy mode. Let the stores have a cost break so they can sell to us for less. I buy from the 'net or catalog in rl without leaving the comfort of my home, I wish the same for my pretend life.

D

DGLita

There is a workround for store owners where you can make these non tradeable items bought from buy mode, and make them tradeable. You still cant put them on sale though, but you can trade them to other sims.

You need a spare sim that you can invite to be a roomie. If you dont have a spare sim just make a free account, it will work just as well. Give the spare sim enough money to buy as many wedding cakes as you require, your gonna need surfaces to put the cakes on. Once the spare has bought the cakes, kick them out of the property. The cakes/turkeys are then forced into their inventory. The spare sim can then succesfully trade those items to other sims.

I have tested this out and it works perfectly well. If anyone would like a free wedding cake please call Lita's Alt in game

G

Could you hire a caterer to deliver the cakes when you're ready?? Find a nice caterer who will be online at the time of the wedding to show up with the cakes at the appropriate time so they'll be fresh.

G

Well im sure the devs are working on the problem with wedding cakes. My simdaugther was planning a wedding the other day for her son, and came to me (since I own a store) and told me to bring cake, and I couldent, I put out 3 cakes (lol) and was about put them in invent, when the buttons was greyed out... :/

SO I eat them all alone... MOHAHAHA

W

Whitilicious 07'

Hmm i have a store i do nothing with have nothing on it ...I think it needs to be for weddings ...ahhh now just wait for ea to come back up so i can start building woot . Donations of items excepted
See -Willow for more info .

I

imported_MattelMichele

I sure would love to be able to buy wedding cakes. As of now if i have a wedding i simply use one of my anniv. cakes. Perhaps after the dev's have worked out the kinks on the important stuff they will have time to fix the wedding cake issue.

Until then, i'll just use anni cakes

I

imported_Qute Pi

The only thing you can do, is with a free account or extra sim you may have, have them buy it and move them out, it will go into their inventory and then they can trade it.
I know a lot of work just for a wedding cake.......

G

Lol yeah...

Thats what my sim sister had to do for my daugther..

lol, but we all sure knew how to enjoy that cake!

C

Creed84

Well it can be simply fixed by putting such thins as turleys and wedding cakes back into the catalog you can open at any lot. Those items are "event " items LMAO. They last only about 20 minutes before you have to throw them away lol. Just like when Christmas and Halloween comes around. Should be able to get the snowmen from your lot catalog, lol since they dont have the " make snowman" interaction when the snow is on the ground. Snow men have always been free in life:) Considering the event items have their expiration dates, I do not believe it is responsible to have to goto a store and buy them.

G

That is for sure.
I really should be put so anyone could buy them from their own lot

B

BearlyWrong

could you imagine going to a store for chairs, tables, counters, get married and sugar lmao to funny