• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weaver-Tamer

C

Choisir

Hi everyone, I'm making a Weaver-Tamer (Mag, Med, Lore, Tame, Vet, Spellwev) but I have a few questions.

1- Why the build uses magery 100-120 when it does not have eval, just for res?
2- Is it possible to tame a Greater Dragon just using Ethereal Voyage and invisibility?
3- What are the most used spells with this build?

Nothing else, I hope you can answer those questions, thanks!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Higher magery means more damage healed. 110 magery means never failing gate travel.
2. Yes, I got my better dragon just by invisibility and lead taming.
3. Most used = Greater Heal. After that, I'm sure it's gift of renewal. After that, it really depends on what you're doing. Word of Death for long fights is great.

C

Choisir

So, the combo would be, gift of renewal + greater heal + vet, to keep the beasts alive, and gift of life is just great, I do understand now, thanks a lot, just a little question: As I'm new, I don't have 120 Taming, so, what's the minimum taming skill recommended to tame a greater just with ethereal voyage and invisibility?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I'm new, I don't have 120 Taming, so, what's the minimum taming skill recommended to tame a greater just with ethereal voyage and invisibility?
Stratics has a handy taming chance calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php. The minimum skill to tame a GD is 104.7 according to that calculator, but that only gives you about a 0.2% chance to tame (even at 120 taming you only have a 30.8% chance to tame once you get past the "you have angered the beast!" messages).

Note that you need something like 110 taming and lore to have 99% chance to control a GD once you tame it. You can play around with the calculator to see how different skill values affect your chance to tame and/or control a tameable.

Hope that helps!

C

Choisir

With a 225 Stat limit, what stat build should I choose, and why? I have no idea, can someone help?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All stats should go to intelligence or strength. Dexterity doesn't help a mage-tamer one bit.

J

[JD]

Hi everyone, I'm making a Weaver-Tamer (Mag, Med, Lore, Tame, Vet, Spellwev) but I have a few questions.

1- Why the build uses magery 100-120 when it does not have eval, just for res?
2- Is it possible to tame a Greater Dragon just using Ethereal Voyage and invisibility?
3- What are the most used spells with this build?

Nothing else, I hope you can answer those questions, thanks!
you will want 15 or 20 dex so you dont get cursed and stamblocked. else, 125 int, and the rest in str.

magery gives more powerful heals, longer lasting invis's, ability to use mage weapon for defense

its possible to tame a greater dragon with invis+gheal only if you have timing right. else, just beat it down to 10% life and lead tame.

spells you use depend on what you are doing.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your on ATL let me know ill help you tame a good greater

and can show you how a weave tamer works I have one i use often enough

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: If your on ATL let me know ill help you tame a good greater

Honor taming is also great.

L

longshanks

you can put eval on your weaver tamer. you need to be item dependent a bit but u can pull it off.

i use the travesty mage / eval mask which is 20 to skill total
library talisman another 10 to skill.
30 to skill total on bracelet / ring combo
scrappers 10 to skill

so ur temp (at 720 cap) looks like this:

taming 120
lore 120
vet 120
mage 115
eval 115
med 100
sw 100

total 790 70 to skill in items.

this guy is a peerless spawn guy and is very versatile. at level 6 focus he can basically solo a rat spawn.

N

NickyDishes

heres my weave tamer:

120 spellweaving
120 animal taming
110 animal lore
90 magery(110 with items)
gm med(110 with items)
40 Spiritspeak (60 with items)
70 Necromancy (100 with items)
60 Vet (if my pet dies i throw on 2 15 vet jewels to rez him)
dont need to vet heal i have lich form for crazy mana regen for healing them.
wraith form for endless word of death and withering
60 ss is enough for all the spells i use....they might not last that long but this is for pvm