• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weapons in general for a samp...

Fenbay

Adventurer
I posted in another thread asking about double axe versus bladed staff for the specials.

Would anyone care to post a high-level plusses and minuses and your weapon choice?

Seems like a lot of discussion on radiant scimitars, but you can't get max weight imbue wise on a 1h weapon so do you use potions with it or is the swing speed worth the loss of stats?

I've got some more weapons to craft soon, and I'd like to be making the most effectives ones.

I just learned in a previous thread that super slayers stack. IE: why make dragon slayer weapon when I could maybe get a reptile cameo and add reptile slayer to the weapon and be at max on dragons and other reptiles.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In general, you want to craft a specific weapon for whatever monster/boss you want to kill. You need to first decide what special moves are important, then decide what you need based on your suit. Do you need to imbue SSI into your weapon to get 1.25s swings? Do you need 50% DI in weapon to get to 100% DI?

After that, you imbue slayer if there is a slayer weakness, then HML, HSL, and the restrest are flexible slots dependent on what you plan to kill.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For most encounters, you can break it down to three special moves: Whirlwind, Armor Ignore, and Double strike. WW is for AoE. Armor Ignore is for monsters with lowest resist above 65-70. Onslaught + Double strike for anything lower. From there, you can choose which weapon you want to use.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Appreciate the advice. Any thoughts on 1h versus 2h?
For PvM Sampire, if you are doing double strikes or WW then you go 2h weapons because they do more damage. More damage means more life/mana/stam leeched which means better survivability. If you need to drink a potion, switch to 1h weapon or 2h with balanced property.

For AI weapons: 1h weapon can be better than 2h weapon. The difference is small so it comes down to personal preference. Long sword has higher max damage vs bladed staff but it has naturally slower swing speed. Most players prefer bladed staff still because 1) you get slightly higher parry chance with 2h weapon vs 1h weapon 2) lower SSI and stam requirements incase your suit isn't high end 3) you still swing at 1.25 even if boss hits you hard and your stam drops and 4) more imbuing weight (if it even matters)

Long sword is good because 1) higher max damage 2) free hand to drink gheal/grefresh which means taking hard hits isn't an issue when you can drink potions.

It's honestly a toss up which AI weapon you prefer.