• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weapons and armor

A

I am just curious what types of weapons and armor everyone likes for their paladins.

G

For my armor I wear marties, and barbed leather with plenty of mods.

For weapons either bows when I am a legendary archer or Ornate Axes when I am a legendary Swordsman

G

I use Leggings of Embers, the museum chainmail tunic, Ancient Samurai Helm with other pieces that give a total 70-70-69-70-70 before jewelry.

Primary weapon is Soul Seeker, no shield (no parry above JOAT) with secondary weapon whatever I'm hunting ... slayer.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Helm of Insight, Jackal's Collar, Tunic of Fire, Barbed Sleeves with alot of Stamina and resists, Stormgrip, Leggings of Bane, Quiver of Infinity, Aegis, Jewelry with alot of DI, DCI, HCI, Stats, and resists.

Lots of fast sword weapons; mostly Radiant Scimitars and Bokutos.

I

imported_Farsight

Daimyo's helm, ancient samurai do, Aegis, and the rest in horned or barbed leather, in a samurai style.

My resists are only in the mid 60's (only indeed), but I do have +22 parry (meaning I only need 88 real parry until I find a 120 parrry scroll), so much self repair that I only ever need to repair my gloves and gorget, +11 healing, a decent (but not fabulous) hit chance increase and defense chance increase, 2/4 fc/fcr, 6 mana regeneration and 10% swing speed increase.

i could put together a better suit with what I have, but not a prettier one.

Primary weapon is Soul Seeker. Secondary weapon depends on what I hunt. I do have a reptile slayer bokuto that I'm dying to try.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Helm of Insight, Jackal's Collar, Tunic of Fire, Barbed Sleeves with alot of Stamina and resists, Stormgrip, Leggings of Bane, Quiver of Infinity, Aegis , Jewelry with alot of DI, DCI, HCI, Stats, and resists.

[/ QUOTE ]

You carry a shield???? heathen!!!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Helm of Insight, Jackal's Collar, Tunic of Fire, Barbed Sleeves with alot of Stamina and resists, Stormgrip, Leggings of Bane, Quiver of Infinity, Aegis , Jewelry with alot of DI, DCI, HCI, Stats, and resists.

[/ QUOTE ]

You carry a shield???? heathen!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I stick to 1-handed fast weapons and I have Legendary Parry, it just seems right. The Aegis packs on the DCI 15%, Physical Resist 15%, and the LMC 8%. Without it, my Paly wouldn't be all 70's.

On the other hand, my Bushido/Paly PvP guy uses Heavy Ornate Axes. No shield there. Am I at least partially forgiven?

G

ohhhh you have a pally and a sammy....I have them both built into one character..

so ya forgiven!

G

Platemail, well besides the gorget.

Valorite helm and gloves, Heart of the Lion, VOTFK, Zoo arms and legs. Ring of the Vile and a high HCI bracelet and Vesper Order Shield.

Normally use a good broadsword.

D

dorkuberalles

i find myself using the virtue armor set w/ dupre's shield for casual hunting, or for karma/fame hunting in fel. that combined with my PBD on my weapon, the clasp of concentration, and the ring of the savant, and my bandage summoning taliman blessed for myself, i have nothing to lose at death except fame and a few bandages.

D

dorkuberalles

i find the diamond mace a superior weapon for pvm, as it is surprisingly fast for the punch it packs. a diamond mace with SSI and leeching devastates most mobs.

P

Pwnt.exe

Blade of Insanity, Cold Blood, Ornament of the Magician, Rune Beetle Carapace, Spirit of the Totem, 1/15/15 shield, 1/3 ring with hci/dci mods, mr 2 resist sleeves, gloves, leggings, and gorget

G

Main suit highlights:

70 70 70 70 75
13 hp regen
6 mana regen
41 hci
44 dci
+55 total skill

With all that skill on my gear, basically I'm able to have 120 swords, parry, healing, anat, tactics, and magic resist with 66 chiv at 720 skill. I'm pretty pleased with how it came together =)

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing says Chivalry louder than a paladin in virtue armour, defending themselves with Dupre's shield and cutting undead down with The Holy Sword.

G

I was able to snag a crafted barbed set of all 70s using a ring with Fire +4 for 750K. It's been beat up to the point of needing repair twice now - just in Destard. I'm playing with other things now to improve mods like MR, HP regen, DI, HCI.