• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weapon

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I wanna know what you think is the best all round pvp weapon. I am looking for something to carry that I can switch to if necessary.

Char has:

120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Parry
110 Tactics
90 Chiv
as a base
(and I have necro/anat/heal/resists/ss on stones)

what Type of weapon and what mods do you think are best for both defense and attack. I also don't want complicated weapons (ie that require whetstones and reforging and that lot) Just something basic that can be crafted and imbued. So basically what type of mods etc allowing that it will have 40di on it due to exe crafting.

Just wanting a clue :gee:

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a hatchet on my sampire for pvp when I get raided. It has two good special moves(armor ignore and disarm) and hits quite hard. Good weapon for both defensive(disarm) and offensive(armor ignore) fighting. Also nice to use for evasion when getting dumped on by a mage.(two handed weapon).

The mods you would want on a hatchet would be something like this
20+ splintering weapon
30+ hit spell (fireball,lightning,harm)
30+ hit lower defense
Swing speed increase(depending on your stats and suit)
Damage increase 40+

Hope that helps abit.
:)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On my sampire I carry a pickaxe (disarms against dexxers) and a bokuto in case I get raided. Disarm and/or nervestrike gives me that extra second I need to escape. If the attackers are really bad I can actually kill them with that too

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of my old alliances decided to have a "defense against raiders" class as a contest - about 15 years ago. Everyone armed with exceptional regular armor and exceptional weapons, and there were 8 stations scattered through Tram cities, each defended by a member of one of the guilds armed similarly (but who was experienced in fel with a fully trained character). If you defeated the guardian, you won a chest of stuff.

I sent in my Blacksmith, which drew some stares. While everyone else was using katanas, etc. I was using a mace.

I won 3 chests within the time limit, spamming disarm as I beat the defenders silly with it. The poor archer that was one of them never managed to get off a second shot against me.

They weren't expecting a 120 Smith/100 miner to have his other 500 points in 120 Mace, 100+ tactics, 100+ parry, 100+ Anatomy, and 80+ chiv (with the + indicating higher skills from equipment).

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Splinter Pickaxe and a Bokuto

For Survival Carry Some Extra gear to swap into a 4/6 Chiv mode if possible.