• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We need to change districts.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I need your help.

I don't play often anymore, and I don't know which districts are dead districts. Can everyone give suggestions so we can find a new main and backup district?

S

Stubby

Thats too funny, I was writing a reply about last nights jb fiasco, suggesting we use a different district, when my computer had a brain fart so I didn't get to post it. I think the "giggly" districts are good, I am going on TT in a few minutes and will look around. By the way, one of the toons there was my low laffer, Fancy Fumblemuffin, (tan doggie). She isn't ready to hang with the big guys, just needed some jbs. I am going to add her to my signature so you can see who she is and know that she is not a 'lurker'.:p

F

Flippers

It's such a hard call. There are more players it seems (or their quotas lowered?) since more and more servers are green. You can't even rely on the same Kooky or Giggly to be blue from one evening to the next. And every alternate BBS likes the "F" district for their activities.

CCG has adopted two now-former good choices: Giggly Bay and Crazyham. You know wherever they go the site makes a launch district. And surrounding ones are quickly occupied as well.

How about a few of us check the list this week in evenings and see which districts remain blue from day to day? Can even change from hour to hour...

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured on looking through the lists on the evenings we have events. At the very least that'll help. but it would be interesting to see what y'all come up with too.

All I know is we gotta change. It's long overdue.

S

soupandquackers

I often see crazyham open when Im on if that helps.

S

Sheriff Tricky

Crazy River tends to be quiet as does the one that is the first server on the list.

F

Flippers

Crazyham is often green. Most crazies are unreliable. Let's see what a few days of reviewing gets us

F

Fangs McWolf

I've always relied on Kooky Grove myself. In fact, anyone that has done private runs with me will tell you, almost always I pick Kooky Grove. Rarely people there and even when there are people, it's very few. Almost to the point that it's the one place I've ever been able to go when it seems all other districts are unfitting.

As for an alternate, there are 3 other Kooky's, with Kooky Grove being the only one with a space in the name.

There are also a total of 3 districts with "Grove" as the second part of the name. Crazy Grove, Giggly Grove and Kooky Grove (of course). Could always start with one of them, and then the other 2 be backup districts.

Either way, the backup districts would be easy to remember, with the "Grove" idea being harder to figure out, so smart annoying randoms can't easily follow.

P.S. I'm sure Trish was thinking, "How long before Wolfie mentions Kooky Grove..." :D

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I don't know how reliable this info is but I was told by a friend of mine that a lot of big toons are switching to the crazy districts (crazy river in particular) instead of the nutty districts because of the severe lag. I had noticed before this that when I am randomly thrown into a crazy district there is often an invasion and thought it was really strange. So I think there is an element of truth here!! I will try to get more info next time I see him!!!

F

Flippers

I was expecting it yesterday. You let me down, man!
Nah avoid the Kookies... they're always playing musical green lights. I can't even rely on (won't you take me to) Kookytown anymore for bldgs.

F

Fangs McWolf

Nah avoid the Kookies... they're always playing musical green lights. I can't even rely on (won't you take me to) Kookytown anymore for bldgs.
:thumbdown:

It's "(Won't you take me to) Flunky-town". ;)

I've never had an issue with Kooky Grove. I mean it. The others I'm not too sure about, because I've always gone to the KG.

M

MissPoodledoodle

The other day when I logged on I was put into Wacky Falls and there was a Cog Invasion. :thumbup:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so, a recap.

Everyone is in agreement that everything from the Nutties on down = green most often prime time? Well that cuts our list in half.

The Crazies are almost always green when I look, as are the Bouncies. The Kookies seem to be ok. I still think the Kookies have some lag left over from when they were the busy districts, though.

Is Goofyport still the fishing district of choice? If so, then maybe that's our district.

F

Flippers

Ok, so, a recap.

Everyone is in agreement that everything from the Nutties on down = green most often prime time? Well that cuts our list in half.

The Crazies are almost always green when I look, as are the Bouncies. The Kookies seem to be ok. I still think the Kookies have some lag left over from when they were the busy districts, though.

Is Goofyport still the fishing district of choice? If so, then maybe that's our district.
No it isnt. It's CCG's. Avoid the CCG ones:

Boingy Summit
Crazyham
Giggly Bay
Giggly Point
GoofyPort

(one's their backup)

Funnyfield is Donald's Dock and Docker's Diners' play districts.

Wolfie's suggestion in another thread is good.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funnyfield is Donald's Dock and Docker's Diners' play districts.

Wolfie's suggestion in another thread is good.
Wow, I didn't even know that place was still around. Last I tried to go I got errors. Well the Dock, the diiner never intruiged me enough to stay.

So.. Bah no DD. Maybe we should just make the Kookies ours and be done with it.

K

Kippy

I vote:
- Kooky Grove
- Crazy River
These are the districts i go to.