• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

we need official details on Endless Journey like right now please

StarstrukK

Adventurer
Dear Dev's

It's time to tell everyone what Endless Journey is going to allow accounts to do. With the spring months away if there is indeed a period of 3 months of inactivity required before my account switches to Endless Journey I want to know asap what exactly EJ will allow so I can make a decision on renewing my subscription now or if I prefer the EJ model and want to go that route. I do not want to be forced inactive for 3 months when EJ goes live I would rather go inactive now while no one is playing so I don't miss anything.

EJ is not as restrictive as trial accounts thats already been covered so please don't say it's a trial account and link their restrictions as if they are relevant. The features of the program by this time must be known by the dev's so just tell us already what to expect so we can make important account decisions now.

I don't like the proposed 3 month rule I think if it remains it will ruin the potential of EJ but it might be overly restrictive and I would rather just remained subscribed. I'd just like to be informed to make a good decision on what works best for me.

Thanks for your time.
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Dear Dev's

It's time to tell everyone what Endless Journey is going to allow accounts to do. With the spring months away if there is indeed a period of 3 months of inactivity required before my account switches to Endless Journey I want to know asap what exactly EJ will allow so I can make a decision on renewing my subscription now or if I prefer the EJ model and want to go that route. I do not want to be forced inactive for 3 months when EJ goes live I would rather go inactive now while no one is playing so I don't miss anything.

EJ is not as restrictive as trial accounts thats already been covered so please don't say it's a trial account and link their restrictions as if they are relevant. The features of the program by this time must be known by the dev's so just tell us already what to expect so we can make important account decisions now.

I don't like the proposed 3 month rule I think if it remains it will ruin the potential of EJ but it might be overly restrictive and I would rather just remained subscribed. I'd just like to be informed to make a good decision on what works best for me.

Thanks for your time.
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix
Paid accounts with houses and a life on Ultima Online won't benefit from EJ at all.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The unfortunate thing about Endless Journey, is it will be enough to get a lot of players to return, but not stay. Especially in the PVP community. Returning to the ridiculous state the PVP world is in, will quickly discourage returning players, and especially new players from sticking around. Bringing back a few servers with a Rollback, like anywhere before Stygian Abyss would be the biggest step in the right direction, in regards to bringing back players to actually play the game. Right now, players are literally using dead servers to farm powerscrolls, gold, etc.. and overprice to those not doing so on larger servers such as ATL. Prices are so inflated on good gear and powerscrolls that players returning literally have ZERO chance to enjoy a return. Just my 2 cents.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah since PS and such are now needed for pets, price has gone thru the roof. I still do not understand why PS don't drop at all champ spawns, why Mesanna insists on protecting the few pvp'ers that are left ingame's income source is beyond me. There is no shortage of them, people on Atlantic brag quite often about having hundreds upon hundreds stashed up.

Bag on topic, if they can't even tell us the details of what EJ is yet, in detail, there is no hope for it being released anytime soon. How do you program something that you don't know what it is going to be? lol

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah since PS and such are now needed for pets, price has gone thru the roof. I still do not understand why PS don't drop at all champ spawns, why Mesanna insists on protecting the few pvp'ers that are left ingame's income source is beyond me. There is no shortage of them, people on Atlantic brag quite often about having hundreds upon hundreds stashed up.

Bag on topic, if they can't even tell us the details of what EJ is yet, in detail, there is no hope for it being released anytime soon. How do you program something that you don't know what it is going to be? lol
Could be they know what it is going to be and are actually keeping their mouths shut about it this time :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The unfortunate thing about Endless Journey, is it will be enough to get a lot of players to return, but not stay. Especially in the PVP community. Returning to the ridiculous state the PVP world is in, will quickly discourage returning players, and especially new players from sticking around. Bringing back a few servers with a Rollback, like anywhere before Stygian Abyss would be the biggest step in the right direction, in regards to bringing back players to actually play the game. Right now, players are literally using dead servers to farm powerscrolls, gold, etc.. and overprice to those not doing so on larger servers such as ATL. Prices are so inflated on good gear and powerscrolls that players returning literally have ZERO chance to enjoy a return. Just my 2 cents.
All the more reason to make at least power scrolls shard bound.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the more reason to make at least power scrolls shard bound.
youre missing the point. do you know how much money theyd lose on transfer tokens by doing that? its practically keeping them afloat finacially. the point isnt to punish the remaining pvpers. the point is make an option with a legacy server to invite more players into the topic of pvp. pvp carried this game to greatness. without the buildup of players from that part of the game, uo never makes it past 10 years, let alone 20. give the people who helped that part of the game suceed whatvthey want, and some of the outrageousness on the current servers will surely decrease.

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They would not loose much money from transfre tokens, since many players nowadays just use shard shields to have the ability to transfer.

Moreover, they could modify the servers so that half of the power scrolls are shard bound and half of them are not, thus avoiding any such problems.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
youre missing the point. do you know how much money theyd lose on transfer tokens by doing that? its practically keeping them afloat finacially. the point isnt to punish the remaining pvpers. the point is make an option with a legacy server to invite more players into the topic of pvp. pvp carried this game to greatness. without the buildup of players from that part of the game, uo never makes it past 10 years, let alone 20. give the people who helped that part of the game suceed whatvthey want, and some of the outrageousness on the current servers will surely decrease.
Pvp darn near killed this game. Without the creation of trammel this game more likely than not wouldn't have made it to 10 years. Also how is it that you are aware of UOs' financial situation, or are you just assuming tokens are keeping the game alive (which i kind of doubt that they are.)?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can someone explain why PS aren't shard bound without personal agenda insult throwing? Like, how does this benefit players? How does this benefit RMT people? How is having it not shard bound negative?

To me, and I don't have Shard shields, it seems like if I wanted to I could go to a low pop shard for my PS and farm them for a while and then go back to my normal shard where my house is. This seems like a positive to me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone explain why PS aren't shard bound without personal agenda insult throwing? Like, how does this benefit players? How does this benefit RMT people? How is having it not shard bound negative?

To me, and I don't have Shard shields, it seems like if I wanted to I could go to a low pop shard for my PS and farm them for a while and then go back to my normal shard where my house is. This seems like a positive to me.
Are you serious?

Not having the PS shard-bound is about as negative as one gets.

Currently, here are the "positives" for allowing PS to be transferred... None, if you're a full-time resident of the shard it was earned on.
Only an Atlantic resident would see this as a positive, and if, say, a group of people from Japan could somehow outnumber the local guilds, crush all opposition at spawns, and transfer all PS out of Atlantic (including ALL of the ones for sale on vendors, and at IDOCs), they'd be complaining just as loudly.

Negatives for allowing them to be transferred.

1. No locals get them without going to Atlantic, or buying them from an Atlantic player. (see #2)
  2. Other Shards get flooded with Atlantic players, disrupting local PvP by taking out the local spawner population (both the PvMers and the locals that would normally raid).
  3. The lack of locally acquirable PS (and many other resources - the Atlantic players tend to strip-mine the vendors on the shards they go to for resale when they get home, resulting in most shards having nearly no crafting resources for sale) has led to many people giving up in frustration, as they would rather quit paying EA/BS than transfer to shop. This actually is a major negative, in driving away players.
  4. Many of the shard-specific event drops end up going the same route. You can't have an event with a drop on any shard without the shard population mysteriously quadrupling or more, and all the names you normally see only in gen chat doing PvP raid smack talk, suddenly are all in Tram doing the event (sometimes in multiples or variations of the same name, all making the same action in sync, and walking away with more of the drops than the locals). Without the PS and the occasional IDOC to collect the other 27-30 days of the month, maintaining event characters on a shard isn't as viable.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. I farm them on my home shard and sell them wherever I can. I can load my vendor with 120s and they will sit.
2. It is nice to have some competition.

[

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you serious?

Not having the PS shard-bound is about as negative as one gets.

Currently, here are the "positives" for allowing PS to be transferred... None, if you're a full-time resident of the shard it was earned on.
Only an Atlantic resident would see this as a positive, and if, say, a group of people from Japan could somehow outnumber the local guilds, crush all opposition at spawns, and transfer all PS out of Atlantic (including ALL of the ones for sale on vendors, and at IDOCs), they'd be complaining just as loudly.

Negatives for allowing them to be transferred.

1. No locals get them without going to Atlantic, or buying them from an Atlantic player. (see #2)
  2. Other Shards get flooded with Atlantic players, disrupting local PvP by taking out the local spawner population (both the PvMers and the locals that would normally raid).
  3. The lack of locally acquirable PS (and many other resources - the Atlantic players tend to strip-mine the vendors on the shards they go to for resale when they get home, resulting in most shards having nearly no crafting resources for sale) has led to many people giving up in frustration, as they would rather quit paying EA/BS than transfer to shop. This actually is a major negative, in driving away players.
  4. Many of the shard-specific event drops end up going the same route. You can't have an event with a drop on any shard without the shard population mysteriously quadrupling or more, and all the names you normally see only in gen chat doing PvP raid smack talk, suddenly are all in Tram doing the event (sometimes in multiples or variations of the same name, all making the same action in sync, and walking away with more of the drops than the locals). Without the PS and the occasional IDOC to collect the other 27-30 days of the month, maintaining event characters on a shard isn't as viable.
A lot of your arguments seem like hyperbole. Is it really that big of an issue where people are flooding small shards for PS? This sounds like another issue of RMT people or people with multiple accounts abusing. That may be your real issue instead of thinking Atlanta shard users are great devils. I can't imagine people with a single account causing disruption across multiple shards.

I wasn't asking about event drops... EDIT: A lot of weeks I'll only log in for events so I may be a stranger to most people there.

It sounds like a lot of your problems are the same problems I have with the game. The people with hundreds of accounts and RMT are disruptive. Why solve a problem that isn't the root cause by changing PS. Seems like I'd go for the root cause.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. I farm them on my home shard and sell them wherever I can. I can load my vendor with 120s and they will sit.
There is not one power scroll on Napa that would go on a pet right now. This is why people have to transfer to Atl for things.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is not one power scroll on Napa that would go on a pet right now. This is why people have to transfer to Atl for things.
In defense I did buy out the 3-4 that were on there 2 nights ago :)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So? Nothing is stopping you from farming right now, this moment I would bet that any champ could be completed on Napa 6 times over. And at what point did this game OWE you scrolls to make a pet with? Man up, as best as you can, and get them yourself.

1. Every shard, except ATL, can be farmed largely without worry if one so desired. Purchasing them might be a issue but shard transferring has been in this game for a decade or longer, this argument doesn't hold water.

2. Every shard has had players who wished to build a toon to fight or farm, where do you think all those ATL players came from? I have 4 finished toons there like many others.

3. If you wished to get these items you could, all day without fail on a trial account. Nothing would stop you, no one would kill you. This point was a joke, right?

4. Clearly other people think you are in the wrong and have made toons just to play these EM events. To imply that, for your benefit, this should be stopped is absurd. You don't like these people and the play style they use, tough luck.

Server transfers ruined this game but that cat is SO FAR out of the bag, to place handcuffs on people today will only further crush this game. ATL is the shopping mall of the game, just like IRL you will always have stores which charge a little more or less and you have the option to use these or not.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ej will be mostly used by existing/returning players. I'm not going into all the problems this will cause, would be an endless post. there a reason I don't call it endless journey, I call it endless cheating. I hope I'm wrong. if u think there was a problem with multi account use now, just wait and watch. its not rocket science, common sense.
about ps, some people complain they are priced too high, other want them to be shard bound. what do u think ps prices would be on atl if shard bound? 200 mil or more? people would just transfer and eat scrolls. its all a waste of time and effort. if you want ps, do champs or buy them. just my opinions

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So? Nothing is stopping you from farming right now, this moment I would bet that any champ could be completed on Napa 6 times over. And at what point did this game OWE you scrolls to make a pet with? Man up, as best as you can, and get them yourself.
I could tell that from doing a search there. I'm too ascared to go to Fel. Thats why my poor pathetic pets have no scrolls.

ej will be mostly used by existing/returning players
I agree with this part. But, I hope the cheating part does not occur. Those accounts are very limited on what they can do. No backpack drops is something that will stop a lot of potential cheating.

EJ is a great way for players to return and at least see which account they want to activate.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This was posted before (which I thought was rather telling), but your probably posting in the wrong place.

mesanna.jpg

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RMT sites couldn't care less if powerscrolls were transferable or not. Just see how they handle masteries. Would just have to buildup a stock pile on each individual server and price them all accordingly. Not exactly rocket science.

Powerscroll supply on Atlantic would be Scarce and expensive, controlled by whoever has the biggest group and can control the spawns. Pvp Would be banging, but it would mostly be grinders and large scale fights.

Players with shard shields would still have the advantage because they could take their pets/players to where the scrolls are, use them, and then transfer back.

If you are a pvmer on Atlantic with no shard shield tokens, this is a baddd baddd idea.

If you are a pvper on Atlantic who enjoys fighting 15v15, and actually making money from being good at Pvp, this is a good idea.

if you are a pvmer on a Dead Server who hates spawns, you better hope you have shard shields. Otherwise it will be expensive to get scrolls.

If you are a spawner/Pvper on a Dead Server without Shard shields, this is a good way for you to make money because players now have to go wherever the cheapest supply is.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to be honest..
120 days is the first but that should give you an idea of what to expect. (oh btw an account's month is 30 days long not a calendar month which many think they get)
30 60 90 120 = 4 months So if your thinking you will have a house and or boat to play on... keep dreaming.
No house, co owner status, friend ether. No boat, ether. The bank access will be limited on things you can remove...
Oh hell just go read the UO.com Page on it... its plain and simple.
EJ is to give new and returning players a longer time to get the feeling of belonging in the game that 14 days don't.
It was never designed to give the lazy cheap skates a way to play and not pay.
Oh and don't try to hand me the game would make it up on in game store purchases.... I was not born with blinders on kiddos.. That argument don't hold water.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if you want ps, do champs or buy them. just my opinions
Exactly this.
Unless I know you and we have a problem, you show up to my spawn you accept protection or I take you down.
Stay out of Destard and Despise and 99/100 wont even get raided.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are kidding right? PvP had a brief time of greatness and caused tram to come into existence to save the game. I doubt they would lose any money on transfers since the guilds running the low pop shards are using shields .

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Amazing how many people rush to disprove me with their same arguments I refuted completely. Especially the ones who can't grasp that so many of the smaller shards' issues are all intrinsically linked to transfers, and specifically to the people going around to the smaller shards specifically for PS farming and trying to get event rares.

The ONLY time I've been able to get PS on my shard in the last 5 years, have been during short periods when all the ATL people have moved on. Those periods don't last long (and the last time was spring of last year). Currently, on my shard, there's two different bickering groups of mostly ATL people, with a couple of locals joining in simply because since there are TWO groups, there is a chance to get something (when there's just one group, they don't recruit locals, and PS are a write-off).

There are still ZERO PS vendors on my shard, and haven't been since the first Obama administration (if not the last year of Bush). The only way to get PS on the shard are to buy on ATL, buy from someone who hasn't took it to ATL yet (for more than you'd pay on ATL), or make due with 105s and 110s dropped in Luna.

Resource vendors have disappeared, because you could always tell when someone went back to ATL with a load of PS, as all the leather and ingots com-deeds from vendors would disappear (which really sucks on a shard that has been extremely crafter heavy since the shard opened). The few people who collect leather and ingots, either do so for their own use or their guild's, now. Rarely, there are trades or gifts of stuff (like during the artisan festival).

Watching multiple groups of 4-5 (or more) characters, all with the same name, in the same altered form, spamming the same spells, simultaneously, is a fairly good give-away that someone's not following the rules for legal multi-clienting. Especially when there's so many different groups of them spamming those spells that you get so lagged in the CC that you and others get TELESTORMED for the first time since 2004. And, they aren't locals, and typically are the same voices yelling out near the end of the event offering anything from 300 million to multiple platinum for the event item. They do, however, usually end up as named tied to the same people that only do spawns on their "main" on the shard, and only interact with locals to buy something or call people names in public chat.

So, yeah - keep lying to me, yourself and others. repetition of your total lack of (or deliberate denial of) knowledge of what's really going on will never make your position fact, or make me give your argument any credence.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amazing how many people rush to disprove me with their same arguments I refuted completely. Especially the ones who can't grasp that so many of the smaller shards' issues are all intrinsically linked to transfers, and specifically to the people going around to the smaller shards specifically for PS farming and trying to get event rares.

The ONLY time I've been able to get PS on my shard in the last 5 years, have been during short periods when all the ATL people have moved on. Those periods don't last long (and the last time was spring of last year). Currently, on my shard, there's two different bickering groups of mostly ATL people, with a couple of locals joining in simply because since there are TWO groups, there is a chance to get something (when there's just one group, they don't recruit locals, and PS are a write-off).

There are still ZERO PS vendors on my shard, and haven't been since the first Obama administration (if not the last year of Bush). The only way to get PS on the shard are to buy on ATL, buy from someone who hasn't took it to ATL yet (for more than you'd pay on ATL), or make due with 105s and 110s dropped in Luna.

Resource vendors have disappeared, because you could always tell when someone went back to ATL with a load of PS, as all the leather and ingots com-deeds from vendors would disappear (which really sucks on a shard that has been extremely crafter heavy since the shard opened). The few people who collect leather and ingots, either do so for their own use or their guild's, now. Rarely, there are trades or gifts of stuff (like during the artisan festival).

Watching multiple groups of 4-5 (or more) characters, all with the same name, in the same altered form, spamming the same spells, simultaneously, is a fairly good give-away that someone's not following the rules for legal multi-clienting. Especially when there's so many different groups of them spamming those spells that you get so lagged in the CC that you and others get TELESTORMED for the first time since 2004. And, they aren't locals, and typically are the same voices yelling out near the end of the event offering anything from 300 million to multiple platinum for the event item. They do, however, usually end up as named tied to the same people that only do spawns on their "main" on the shard, and only interact with locals to buy something or call people names in public chat.

So, yeah - keep lying to me, yourself and others. repetition of your total lack of (or deliberate denial of) knowledge of what's really going on will never make your position fact, or make me give your argument any credence.
THis is Truth whether it accepted or not.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I wasn't trying to argue with you. I'm genuinely ignorant. I'm trying to understand. I just don't understand when someone is using hyperbole for a reason. I don't have transfer shields to try it out. I do know that if Atlanta had increased PS prices for being shardbound I'd be up a creek.

But from your post it still sounds like you agree on what the root cause is and I just don't get why the root cause isn't addressed instead of reacting to it and making everyone have shard bound powerscrolls.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Leave the PS unbound. And make em available to Trammies via Trammy methods (Champs, random drops in T-Chests/Sos/slight chance from mini-bosses, etc)
Then we can have PS for sale on all shards. It's feeding the minority (yet extremely vocal) group all those profits and giving them the monopoly that is killing this part of the game. If they want to PvP, let them PvP...as it is now no one is interested in PvP, they just want victims. Go ahead and scream, go ahead and flame, but in the back part of your mind you know I'm right. Mesanna does to, but for some reason she won't make the change.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont think anyone is actually disagreeing with you. We know these things are happening.

I just came back after a few years away. Things are different but not THAT different now. In order for me to get back where I was, I needed to make some new connections. Today I am in a guild with people that raided me for years. Now I know how/where/when to do spawns without interference. If you cannot play or compete on your own, you need to find people to help you.
As we all know UO is constantly changing and our play styles need to adapt over time.
I sure as **** know that I can`t run around with a GM armored dexxer or naked precasting mage.

Other than making scrolls shard bound, what else do you propose?

Amazing how many people....lots of words.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just made the proposal...make them available by other means. I say that knowing that if this team did do that, it would probably be some convoluted God-awful repitive clickfest grind, instead of something simple and fun. And there is the problem, they have been programming to make new content take as long as possible to do, just to keep the robots marching along. But it isn't fun, at least to me anyway. I want to play and have FUN...not grind day after day after day after day.

I want to go get the things I need, not have to fight you for them.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Amazing how many people rush to disprove me with their same arguments I refuted completely. .
How exactly were you refuting anyone? I don`t see anyone on either side using anything other than anecdotal evidence. Show me some data. I am not arguing against your point, only what you advocate.

transfers
So you are saying the devs need to put an end to transfers? Do you honestly believe that alienating a large portion of the now very small player base is good for the game somehow?

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to be honest..
120 days is the first but that should give you an idea of what to expect. (oh btw an account's month is 30 days long not a calendar month which many think they get)
30 60 90 120 = 4 months So if your thinking you will have a house and or boat to play on... keep dreaming.
No house, co owner status, friend ether. No boat, ether. The bank access will be limited on things you can remove...
Oh hell just go read the UO.com Page on it... its plain and simple.
EJ is to give new and returning players a longer time to get the feeling of belonging in the game that 14 days don't.
It was never designed to give the lazy cheap skates a way to play and not pay.
Oh and don't try to hand me the game would make it up on in game store purchases.... I was not born with blinders on kiddos.. That argument don't hold water.
Wow, look at this lady on a high horse, spouting off nonfactual statements like she's the queen of everything. First, you dont know the information and specifics of the release, so stop spouting like you're on the inside track. You know as much as everyone else who's read the article. Secondly, who are you to say what EJ is for? Do you know anything about online gaming at all? Let me bestow a little knowledge on you, although I'm sure you already knew it, because apparently you know everything, right? There's a free to play game called League of Legends. It's by a company called Riot games. Free to play, with content that can be unlocked exclusively via buying with real money, and some that is able to be bought with in game currency, or the "real life money". This game of "lazy cheap skates, who dont want to pay to play" earned 624 million dollars last year. How much do you think EA made on this game? Not even close. Lastly, whatever you were born with, it lacks common sense and courtesy. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours is overbearing, rude, and fictional. Get over yourself.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Easy Solution
Make 120 Power scrolls available at the in game store, Buy with Sovereigns . More $$ to the Game and delivered at your own Shard!!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok ladies, back on topic!

I for one am totally stoked for endless journey. It seems really simple to me. If your plan is to amass mountains of junk and be the king/queen of UO, you are going to need a paid account. If you are more like me and want to role-play, meet people, and generally have fun, endless journey should allow you to do that for free! Yay!

I miss the days when there were people in the world that didn't have endless piles of junk and were barely scraping by. When I first played, I was always envious of the people that had all the cool stuff and I wished I was one of them. Life cut into my playing time and I left for many years. I came back after AoS and getting all the cool stuff that I wanted was stupid easy and it bored me to tears. I came back last year and got rid of all the stuff that I had, which made for a much better experience for me. Hopefully, if endless journey goes well, we may see an influx of role-players and people having fun again. If collecting junk is your thing, more power to ya, but I will be enjoying the free life!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The unfortunate thing about Endless Journey, is it will be enough to get a lot of players to return, but not stay. Especially in the PVP community...
Just a wild thought... If I was a returning PvP person (I'm not) thinking of trying Endless Journey, I'd be inclined to start with Siege rather than the other shards. It might offer more of the atmosphere and competition that really serious PvP folks might prefer. They might even decide to stay. Again, it's just a thought.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh did I get your panties in a bunch there jr?????:p

For your info my kids (my son and his friends) played that game for maybe under 3 months total... they sat back each one and added up every dime they spent...
3 of the 12 who all joined in as a group spent more then 2 years worth of UO and WoW Subscription combined.. before they realized the cost of it.
The less pocket money quit way sooner and added up closer to a year of UO.
That's the downfall of the that type of game... What is worse was they didn't even notice the cost till it came time to pay bills.(they are all adults btw)

As for my view..
I read the newsletter, went to the uo.com and read the full thing.
Went to all the M&G's and paid attention to all that was asked about it and all that was answered. I even asked a question on it myself.
If you do not think I got it right go read Larisa's transcripts of them and see exactly what Mesanna did say.
I learned early in my UO life to listen and read all the UO GODs say... and then keep your ears pealed for changes...
Cause if you don't it will come around and bite you in the rump.