• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We moved?

• Thread starter BellaofCats
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BellaofCats

I admit I haven't followed every post about the move, I work alot and don't always have time to read the boards. But I did see today's post about the cities moving, the bullet train and whatnot.

What I don't understand is this: I can log into the "old" cities the "old" way and access all my sims, money, houses etc... when I choose EA Land Beta (my only option) none of my "old" city sims are there, just the single sim I made when EA Land Beta first opened. Did I miss the train? hehe.

Safe travels,

Bella

B

BellaofCats

Oh boy, did I have to? Yikes, this will teach me to choose working over reading the boards for info

Safe travels,

Bella

G

Haha yes, if you want a sim to move into EA-Land you've got to buy a train ticket !! (or set your sim to move in the normal way).

Polly

N

NightFlyer

I set a sim to move and it didn't. Now I can't even log into EA Land.

B

BellaofCats

Ah, well. Ok then. At least I'm not left behind... really, hehe. So, since it says EA Land BETA, is that our first hint that this is not a permanent home? That there be yet another city after the beta entitled "EA Land" where when we move/merge/whathaveyou we lose all our simoleons again? Or will we keep our stuff and the city be renamed to EA Land and become THE city?

Thanks!

Bella

G

Just to clarify:

Friday was the first Sim Move to EA-Land....aka the Bullet Train. Like the regular Sim Move, it was only the avatar, and their inventory.

The full merge of the old cities to EA-Land has not begun, yet. The full merge will be the avatar, inventory and property.

EA-Land does have a 'beta' tag on it, along with the "under construction", one. I assume because it is a new game. Note that they also say they are "now hosting The Sims Online".
They have never mentioned wiping EA-Land, so there should be no reason to think they will wipe our newly earned simoleons.

B

BellaofCats

Awesome! Thanks for the replies and clarifications Gilly! Guess I will putt along while waiting for the full move then!

Safe travels,

Bella

I

imported_Shirl1211

Polly I hope you can help me..I set a sim from each account *2* and verified their moved several times but they did not move. My husbands 2 sims made it and I don't know what to do. It really upset me since these sims have nearly 100 locks and almost fully skilled. I just want to have the oppurtunity like everyone else to get in there and start making money. :*-( ... Please help me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Polly I hope you can help me..I set a sim from each account *2* and verified their moved several times but they did not move. My husbands 2 sims made it and I don't know what to do. It really upset me since these sims have nearly 100 locks and almost fully skilled. I just want to have the oppurtunity like everyone else to get in there and start making money. :*-( ... Please help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Polly, but if you reset the moves Lee mentioned in the bullet train thread that those sims that the move failed for whatever reason will be moved on Monday. He said they moved every sim in the queue to be moved, but apparently for whatever reason some sims didn't make it into the queue.....that has happened with production city to production city moves as well, all for unknown reasons. Based on that statement from him, I don't *think* the automated system for the moves has been turned on yet for some reason, but I could be wrong about that.....my belief on that was because he said they'd be done on Monday, which meant to me that either somebody has to manually do the moves, or they want someone to be right there to make sure the moves do happen so that if they don't they can be manually moved sooner than they were yesterday. Again this is just supposition and inference based on what was said in that thread by Lee....you might read it and draw a different conclusion.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Thank you so very much for the info . :) I will go reset and see what happens.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They have never mentioned wiping EA-Land, so there should be no reason to think they will wipe our newly earned simoleons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet they're wiping the money we've earned over the past five years, despite previous claims of "there will never be another wipe.." many years ago...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think at the moment, they are monitoring the trains arriving into EA-Land, therefore sim moves will be activated when the devs are at work and able to greet the train.

I would reset your sims to move and hopefully they should arrive safe and well sometime on Monday

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet they're wiping the money we've earned over the past five years, despite previous claims of "there will never be another wipe.." many years ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and oranges, Billy.

They are wiping our simoleons, because the old game is dead....this is a new game. They never promised to not wipe the game after it was dead.