• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We are coming back

Miretar

Journeyman
Could someone please tell us where to find info on the best weapon and armor? it’s been a long time—at least 10 years I think. I never stopped missing my the game, especially the houses.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can ask in the Warrior forum for help on what's good these days for a sampire or similar character.

Reforging has definitely shifted suit building around a bit to where most suits are at least half reforged items, at least in the suits I've seen (because of how reforged items can be more overcapped than most artifacts).

For casters, there's been several events that have dropped slayer spellbooks with up to 25-30 SDI, and non-slayers up to 50 (and others where you could turn in items collected during the event for point, where one of the options was a 50 SDI spellbook).

For tamers, pet training is now in play, some pets have had slot number changes (for example, newly tamed Giant Beetles and Fire Beetles are now 1 slot, and can be trained up to 5 slots and 360 or so total resists, making them viable tamer monsters)

If you pick up the time of legends expansion, there's a whole new area, where some of the better drops come from the Shadowguard "roof" instanced encounter.

Treasure maps are now in all areas except the lost lands.

You're likely to have left before High Seas. That side-package includes ship cannons, pirate and merchant encounters, a couple new boss fights, and IIRC a storage expansion.

If you buy all the available storage expansions on a paid (non-Endless Journey) account, BTW, your house storage is increased 60%, and you characters' banks 40% (from 125 items to 175)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Could someone please tell us where to find info on the best weapon and armor? it’s been a long time—at least 10 years I think. I never stopped missing my the game, especially the houses.
Best weapon now is imbued ones.
Armor - you can have imbued for starter warrior , later you will want looted one with better stats.
For tamer /mage nowadays you can gear up really cheap on most shards (up to 20-50k gold). All more expensive multi-million items will improve your suit but not drastically.