• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ways to Volunteer at Stratics.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you know there are multiple ways to volunteer at Stratics?

Let's cover the obvious ways first.

Reporter
One of the goals for the site is to bring back much of what made it popular to begin with. Bringing back a focus on content of community interest is at the top of that list. UO Stratics reporters may cover one or more shards in UO, and topics of their articles may cover but are not limited too: EM Events, Player Events, Notable Player Interviews, and Meet and Greets.

Wiki Editor
Wiki Editors work to catalog items, information on skills, and creatures for the Stratics Wiki. While anyone can submit information to the Wiki Editors are also have the role of moderating, and revising content submitted by others.

Moderators work to keep the Forums civil. They also assist community members with posting issues that do not require Tech level intervention, such as moving posts to the proper forums, removing accidental posts, and answering the occasional questions about acceptability of content. They generally cover all forums with the exception of UNLEASHED, which is handled strictly by Administrators, though if requested they may be assigned to a single or specific set of forums.

The not so obvious way.

Community Contributors
This is a re-envisioning of the Article system that was integrated into the forums, yet more robust. Anyone who registers at Stratics Central or at new UO Stratics is able to submit articles for review and publishing. For UO Stratics this is the best way for you to contribute Player News, RP Stories, Content Reviews, Walk Throughs, and other content. For Stratics Central it is the easiest way for you to share your passion for other titles with the community and get them some attention. The best part is you are free to do so as you wish there is no commitment to Stratics required.

If you would like to join our Staff formally, you can submit an application by clicking the link in the Navigation Bar, or by visiting the Application Form directly to begin the process of joining our Staff. If you would rather be a Community Contributor sign up at either Stratics Central or UO Stratics and get writing!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How are y'all set for Reporter on Atlantic?

Considering getting back into the game on a regular basis again. May come out of Reporter retirement if I do, seeing as how management has changed :D
Right now there isn't an Atlantic reporter. If you feel up to it shoot out an application.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great job on this @Nexus.

Lot's of ways to serve the community for sure. Tell you what, to sweeten this awesome announcement. I will throw out a little community challenge.

If ten new volunteers apply for Stratics Staff by midnight Sunday night. I will donate 1,000,000,000 in gold (yep that's a platinum) to Stratics for the express purpose of promoting and supporting player in game events.

Now some of you might be sitting there thinking. Well I don't have time to donate, but I do have gold.... Well I got you covered. If this is you, I will match all Gold donations to Stratics for the purpose of supporting in game player events 1:1 up to another Platinum!

I can pick up matching donations on any shard for this. Just post your donation below and I will track you down :) until I find an easier way to collect these.
Maybe @Captn Norrington can set up a donation vendor at his auction house or something

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And being a reporter is EASY...if you already attend or host events on your shard, all you need to do is take screenshots and write about it! Get people interested in what's going on on your shard and maybe bring fresh blood in :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Volunteer staff do get a shiny ribbon next to their name and the prestige which comes with a position helping in the community