• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Water Barrels

G

Can the Devs please look into making any unlocked water barrel decay instead of filling up the landscape? Maybe like a 15 minute decay rate.

I

imported_Evilminion

Oh, I second this motion with both hands waving wildly. Such a lovely landscape, but cluttered with the water barrels of insensitive shopkeepers. Meh.

I

imported_Coppelia

They are used by roleplayers. You're not alone in this game.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Can the Devs please look into making any unlocked water barrel decay instead of filling up the landscape? Maybe like a 15 minute decay rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realise that if unlocked water barrels despawned in 15 minutes that means they would only exist to be picked up for 15 minutes. I kind of like my empty barrels that I use for storage in my house. On a side note, some people use water barrels to line the outside of their homes or for a specific decoration outside of their home, and I would hate to see them not be able to do that as long as it is not blocking someone else from placing it is fine.

G

Can't agree with you on this one. I like the "Moat" around my keep.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's the easier fix...

Require any water barrel inside of a house to be a secured barrel that was then filled by someone with access to it. It then functions as a water trough, but with only the charges as the water placed inside. It cannot be moved through.

All barrels set down outside a house do not have such requirements, but CAN be Axed by anyone, and allow move-through.

This allows use of water barrels by a house owner for RP and personal uses, while allowing external uses subject to the whims of passers-by. At the same time, it would remove the use of water barrels inside homes as an IDOC strategy.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Here's the easier fix...

Require any water barrel inside of a house to be a secured barrel that was then filled by someone with access to it. It then functions as a water trough, but with only the charges as the water placed inside. It cannot be moved through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the secure fix...this is exactly how water barrels work currently (or at least they did 8 years ago but they might have been changed a lot since then).

G

I have to agree.
Either let them decay or be able to chop them to destroy them when they are full.
The exploit that lets them be over filled needs to be fixed or at least something to counter it.

G

Im gonna have to say no on this too many people use them with their houses to deco the outside, Some use for RP, some use for making a path to their off the road vendor house, I like the changes in the coming publish witch were the only problems with them. it would hurt too many people.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep - the secure fix suggestion is to end the "water barrel at IDOC" tactic, as it would make it impossible for anyone other than co-owners (which should have a better claim to an IDOC's land, anyway, IMO) to place barrels in an IDOC house.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Water Barrels without water inside it will decay... if you want them to decay,
drain them by using empty water pitchers and drink the water.
The developers are not going to change this; nor, should they.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

Please explain how barrels are used to roleplay? Are these ppl RP Bunghole Pluggers? And I dont really care about ppl's homes and barrels. Its the cities and the road ways around the cities.
Example #1

Example #2

Players houses are fine, who cares about them. Deco how you want but leave the cities alone