• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Water barrels. i wish they actually would publish.

• Thread starter imported_The Home Guild
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_The Home Guild

web page

of course all the complaints on forums they never went thru with it.
It's been almost 2 years now and nothing has been done,i hope with this pulish coming soon it has a fix.

I

imported_The Home Guild

web page

of course all the complaints on forums they never went thru with it.
It's been almost 2 years now and nothing has been done,i hope with this pulish coming soon it has a fix.

G

Wow, so in Nov. of 2006 they fixed it so water barrels & fields don't block house placement!

*looks in IDOC sticky thread at water barrel & field blocking tactic suggestions as late as June 2007*

As you say... this is what actually made the "all shards" publish:

Publish 43 Incremental Update Dec 19 2006 1:09PM CST
During the evening of Thursday, November 16, 2006 PDT the following was published:

* Turned off the Sewer Rat invasion and the Halloween event content (Note: The Shard of the Dead will remain up until further notice)
* The 8th Age quiver is no longer blessed on Siege or Mugen
* The Heritage Collection Boiling Cauldron is now a container (may require re-deeding)
* Peaches picked from the Heritage Peach Tree will now stack with other peaches
* Personal attendants will no longer lose their clothing after passing through a moongate
* Fixed an issue that was causing arcane clothing charges to be used when the player had the required reagents
* Fixed an exploit with aquariums
* Fixed an exploit with Character Statues
* Fixed an exploit with certain skills that could bypass the skill re-use timer
* Various fixes for issues with character transfer

This part is noticeably missing:

"Water barrels and field spells will no longer block house placement"

As a side note, how do you access the INDEX for the news article where your original link is found?? I have searched in vain on the UO.com site. All I can find are the Five on Friday and other archives which are not related to that one.

-Skylark

G

Wow, so in Nov. of 2006 they fixed it so water barrels & fields don't block house placement!

*looks in IDOC sticky thread at water barrel & field blocking tactic suggestions as late as June 2007*

As you say... this is what actually made the "all shards" publish:

Publish 43 Incremental Update Dec 19 2006 1:09PM CST
During the evening of Thursday, November 16, 2006 PDT the following was published:

* Turned off the Sewer Rat invasion and the Halloween event content (Note: The Shard of the Dead will remain up until further notice)
* The 8th Age quiver is no longer blessed on Siege or Mugen
* The Heritage Collection Boiling Cauldron is now a container (may require re-deeding)
* Peaches picked from the Heritage Peach Tree will now stack with other peaches
* Personal attendants will no longer lose their clothing after passing through a moongate
* Fixed an issue that was causing arcane clothing charges to be used when the player had the required reagents
* Fixed an exploit with aquariums
* Fixed an exploit with Character Statues
* Fixed an exploit with certain skills that could bypass the skill re-use timer
* Various fixes for issues with character transfer

This part is noticeably missing:

"Water barrels and field spells will no longer block house placement"

As a side note, how do you access the INDEX for the news article where your original link is found?? I have searched in vain on the UO.com site. All I can find are the Five on Friday and other archives which are not related to that one.

-Skylark

I

imported_The Home Guild

Not sure if you're trying to have sarcasm in my thread ...but no they never published that cause of the griefers i suppose on the boards here on stratics.
All you do is goto Uo.com... search type in water barrels and link is there.

I

imported_The Home Guild

Not sure if you're trying to have sarcasm in my thread ...but no they never published that cause of the griefers i suppose on the boards here on stratics.
All you do is goto Uo.com... search type in water barrels and link is there.

G

There was sarcasm but it was not directed towards you or your complaint in any way.

And what I meant to point out is the crazy way their website is set up, with various people taking over the documentation over the years, and with each it seems the previous person's indexing format is abandoned...as such there is no easy way to access a table of contents/index for whatever series that article fits into, that I can see. For example, you can access the articles Jeremy has created from the home page of uo.herald.com, and you can find the FoF and other "news" series archives, and you can find the actual publish notes all sort of barfed out in a running timeline on a monster page.

You found that water barrel expected publish note article by keyword search, but there is no way to access an index for that "line" of articles, that I can see.

It is frustrating too, (hence my sarcasm) because there is little in the way of follow up documentation in terms of WHY something that was listed for a publish did not actually MAKE it to a publish.

-Skylark

G

There was sarcasm but it was not directed towards you or your complaint in any way.

And what I meant to point out is the crazy way their website is set up, with various people taking over the documentation over the years, and with each it seems the previous person's indexing format is abandoned...as such there is no easy way to access a table of contents/index for whatever series that article fits into, that I can see. For example, you can access the articles Jeremy has created from the home page of uo.herald.com, and you can find the FoF and other "news" series archives, and you can find the actual publish notes all sort of barfed out in a running timeline on a monster page.

You found that water barrel expected publish note article by keyword search, but there is no way to access an index for that "line" of articles, that I can see.

It is frustrating too, (hence my sarcasm) because there is little in the way of follow up documentation in terms of WHY something that was listed for a publish did not actually MAKE it to a publish.

-Skylark

I

imported_The Home Guild

alright and i agree.
They have not followed up at all since 06 and as i stated before...i hope this housing changes publish coming will have something bout water barrels in it.
I think the barrel placing is out of hand and needs to be stopped.How is it a non friended/co owner is allowed to barrel up a plot that isn't thiers in the first place?
NOONE should be allowed and yet gm's just say oh well they are legal and if you want to remove the barrels it takes 20 pitchers to remove.
This guild[wont mention name but we know who]takes advantage of castles/keeps/luna plots/18x18's okay just about anything worth of value to sell for rl cash. Please Uo gods fix it already.

I

imported_The Home Guild

alright and i agree.
They have not followed up at all since 06 and as i stated before...i hope this housing changes publish coming will have something bout water barrels in it.
I think the barrel placing is out of hand and needs to be stopped.How is it a non friended/co owner is allowed to barrel up a plot that isn't thiers in the first place?
NOONE should be allowed and yet gm's just say oh well they are legal and if you want to remove the barrels it takes 20 pitchers to remove.
This guild[wont mention name but we know who]takes advantage of castles/keeps/luna plots/18x18's okay just about anything worth of value to sell for rl cash. Please Uo gods fix it already.