• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Watch out scammers at work

• Thread starter Balian of Asgard
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Balian of Asgard

I just got this email from a supposed WOW Blizzard department. Whatever you do, do not follow any links, it will upload a virus to your pc

Greetings!
This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s)
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
we recommend you Login verify Information your account:
http://www.owblizzardhelp.com/login IPUT THIS IN HERE SO YOU DONT CLICK IT/login.asp?BULL****ref=https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/&app=wam

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account,
we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
[email protected]. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account
holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard
representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account
Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment Inc Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Blizzard Entertainmen

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though I don't play WoW, thanks for looking out for the community who do play that game.

:thumbup1:

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a shame they only send those out for the popular games that have television commercials to advertise.

I try to keep my emails separate one for a game/account, one for forums, some for random sign-ups, and some I actually read! The only account I get these WOW phish attempts from is the one linked to my stratics articles which is viewable on websites.

B

Balian of Asgard

I did a whois on the url and got a melbourne it host with no email address on their site other than filling out a form. I was going to let them know that someone hosting on their servers is scamming

B

Balian of Asgard

Heres another phish. beware

Greetings,

We are excited to announce the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta opt-in is now available.

In the beta test you will be given an opportunity to provide your feedback on the overall gameplay
experience as well as experience new playable worgen and goblin races, new zones, professions and more. For
a full list of features please follow this link: http://www.wowe-cataclvsm.netTT/.

We will be selecting account holders of Battle.net and World of Warcraft accounts who opted-in at random to
participate in the World of Warcraft: Cataclyosm Beta Test. To opt-in for the beta test please visit the
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm website which can be accessed here.

In order to be eligible for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Beta Opt In you will need to have a valid
World of Warcraft subscription in good standing when the beta test is scheduled to commence. Should you be
selected to participate in the beta test you will be able to transfer your characters onto our test realm
and embark on the epic journey against the dreaded Deathwing!

We look forward to working with you in the World of Warcraft: Cataclsym Beta test.

Regards,

Beta Account Support
Blizzard Entertainment