• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] wasted points for PvM?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Sometimes I use cure/healing (Cleanse by Fire/Close Wounds) when I don't want to wait few secs for cure/healing with skills. But I could use potions in such situations.

Sometimes I use fury to refresh stamina. But I could use potions as well.

Often I use "recall" (Sacred Journey). But I could use charges from my runebook.

Very rare I use remove cursed. And very rare I use enemy of one. I could live without them.

So it seems that chivalry are wasted points for a warrior (melee or archer).

B

Bort of Atlantic

I certainly wouldn't say chivalry is a waste. Consecrate Weapon is an excellent way to boost damage, and I honestly don't know why you would skip enemy of one. It's pretty much THE reason to have chivalry in PvM. It would be pretty difficult to hit the 300% damage cap without it.

Cleanse by fire/close wounds are more for emergency use than main use. I use remove curse for blood oath and when I'm ready to hit a boss (e.g. mini-champ) after grinding through the spawn. You aren't going to find a skill that has multiple spells where you use every single one all of the time, but I would certainly take another look at EoO and consecrate weapon before deciding to scrap chiv.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly wouldn't say chivalry is a waste. Consecrate Weapon is an excellent way to boost damage, and I honestly don't know why you would skip enemy of one. It's pretty much THE reason to have chivalry in PvM. It would be pretty difficult to hit the 300% damage cap without it.
You can get around both of those. Honestly, the spell I use must from Chiv is Divine Fury and even that can be gotten around.

Consecrate Weapon- use elemental weapons.
EoO- use a slayer.
Divine Fury- Use Potions

With the ability to make Slayers with imbuing, the need for Chiv isn't as much as it used to be. I just completed 3 champ spawns without Chiv on my Sampire.

B

Bort of Atlantic

You can get around both of those. Honestly, the spell I use must from Chiv is Divine Fury and even that can be gotten around.

Consecrate Weapon- use elemental weapons.
EoO- use a slayer.
Divine Fury- Use Potions

With the ability to make Slayers with imbuing, the need for Chiv isn't as much as it used to be. I just completed 3 champ spawns without Chiv on my Sampire.
Have any tips on crafting 100% elemental weapons? I've gone through 50 DC runic hammers and wound up with 2 single-type elemental weapons, both of which had a useless mod. I started using bronze and shadow ingots with better results but still haven't been able to craft anything that would let me bypass consecrate weapon.

What kind of template are you able to use w/o making use of Chiv? Additional parry?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have any tips on crafting 100% elemental weapons? I've gone through 50 DC runic hammers and wound up with 2 single-type elemental weapons, both of which had a useless mod. I started using bronze and shadow ingots with better results but still haven't been able to craft anything that would let me bypass consecrate weapon.

What kind of template are you able to use w/o making use of Chiv? Additional parry?
Stop using anything but plain ingots. That will give you the option of enhancing as well.

Example:
You get a weapon with 30 Physical, 70 Cold- you then enhance with:
Shadow- will make weapon 10 Physical 90 Cold and add 50% Durability (that is if your weapon is at 120 durability, it will be at 180)
Agapite- will make weapon 100 Cold
Valorite- will make weapon 90 Cold 10 Energy with same durability effect as Shadow.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, you don't need to reach 100% in an elemental resist, depending on what you are making it for.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nusair makes excellent points. The only reason I use Chiv in my builds is because I often fight mobs with no slayer type and I got sick of making so many elemental weps when expanding sampires to multiple shards. Is easier to just cast consecrate.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been toying with the idea of completely removing Chivalry from the template I play and looked at what it would take to replace.

Like Lynk says, the only real downside is when you face a creature without a slayer.... depending on how hard that creature is to begin with.

Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Necromancy 99
Parry 120
Tactics 120
Weapon 120

Leaves like 21 points....

N

NatalieVain

i use chivalry because i have no healing in my template

Chivalry
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Focus
Resist Spells
Parry

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Lynk says, the only real downside is when you face a creature without a slayer.... depending on how hard that creature is to begin with...
Exactly. Chivalry is one of the more useful support skills and which spell you use would be entirely determined by the encounter. If I'm doing a champ spawn I don't use any chivalry until the boss fight. At that point I may cast consecrate once or twice, but it's mostly divine fury when my stamina is tapped and Enemy of One if I don't have a slayer and need the damage boost.