• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wasted a forged metal tool charge on a gargoyle amulet.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have been nice to know that enhancing does nothing to amulets before wasting a charge. I was excited because my friend had told me the devs had fixed amulets so they could be reforged, I reforged with a bronze hammer and got to 150 luck then thought I would enhance with gold to get 190 luck.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your friend was...incorrect. What made him think anything's been changed? There have been a couple of UHall posts, not recently but still here, by other frustrated players who thought amulets could be enhanced.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Would have been nice to know that enhancing does nothing to amulets before wasting a charge. I was excited because my friend had told me the devs had fixed amulets so they could be reforged, I reforged with a bronze hammer and got to 150 luck then thought I would enhance with gold to get 190 luck.
I made the same mistake and was not happy to say the least.

Where was the "You cannot enhance that item" message?

Maybe they sell a few more runic tools at the UOStore this way?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its badly set up. like Honeythorn said you shouldnt be able to enhance them at all. Just part of UO, take the good with the bad. not very intuitive, its listed somewhere in the depths of patch notes, and makes sense because garg resists are much higher on the non-jewelery armor slots, but yes many have made this mistake.
Its not exactly something you would think to test on test center.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was right there with ya brother!
i planned out the exact amulet i needed for my suit right down to to every resist, went to enhance it with the tool and BLAH!
wouldnt have been half bad but i of course sunk all that time into getting all the resources as well.

would be nice if they eventually fixed this OR put a warning gump on it for us slower kids.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it should just not let you... bottom line. and if it makes you feel better ur not the first!!