• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was removing Level 6 Arcane Focus Intentional?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can no longer get a level 6 Arcane Focus in the Prism of Light. Was this intentional? If it is, why isn't it in the patch notes?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt needing 6 people in the Prism kind of negate the benefits of it? After all, its already 5x 10K to do it in the first place. Now there is no reason to go to the Prism ...

T

Tiamat

Apparently their "fix" to make you unable to cast Arcane Circle by yourself was to reduce the Arcane Focus level by 1 for ALL cases. So now if you cast Arcane Circle with four other spell weavers OUTSIDE of Prism, you only get a level 4 focus (and Prism gives you +1 to bump that up to Level 5)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt needing 6 people in the Prism kind of negate the benefits of it? After all, its already 5x 10K to do it in the first place. Now there is no reason to go to the Prism ...
The last I heard, the Prism was the only place where you could get level 6.

If I'm understanding this right? That means you can still get to 6, it just means you'll need 6 people, instead of 5.

I'm not saying I like this change; I don't.

But it's not the same thing as there being no level 6 at all, which is what people are concluding for some reason.

If you try for a Level 6 in the Prism, and you can't get one with 6 people, then we'll know.

-Galen's player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't anyone test this fix? Sheesh. Yeah it is true, you can only get a level 4 normally now.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently their "fix" to make you unable to cast Arcane Circle by yourself was to reduce the Arcane Focus level by 1 for ALL cases. So now if you cast Arcane Circle with four other spell weavers OUTSIDE of Prism, you only get a level 4 focus (and Prism gives you +1 to bump that up to Level 5)
If I am understanding this right, you aren't quite correct.

Formula was:

Level of Focus = Number of people on the circle (+1 if you're in the Prism) (maximum of 5, or max of 6 if you're in the Prism).​

But now I think it is:

Level of Focus = Number of people on the circle -1 (with a max of 5).​

Unless you're in the prism, in which case it is:

Level of Focus = Number of people on the circle (with no penalty) (with a max of 6).​

If I am right, you can get a Level 6 Focus, you will just need 6 people and will need to be in the Prism.

And to get a level 5, outside of the Prism, you'll also need 6 people.

Someone needs to confirm this by trying to get 6 people in the Prism to get a Level 6 Focus.

If they still end up with a level 5, then we'll know that Level 5 is the new high, and I am wrong.

-Galen's player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIf I am right, you can get a Level 6 Focus, you will just need 6 people and will need to be in the Prism.

And to get a level 5, outside of the Prism, you'll also need 6 people.
We tested this with six people in both cases. Highest is 4 on normal altar and 5 in Prism of Light.

H

Hunters Moon

Another non-tamer template skill gets punched in the face. :gee:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iam also not understanding this why the debuffed spellweaving? and another thing i have noticed is that the curse is fixed, but the icon isnt shown in buff/debuff window, so it is like it was before, good work devs ;) *S*

I

Ill Saint

Utterly stupid. And worse is the silence from the folks at the top.