• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was it just me?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or did others find the antics of some players at last nights ‘Meet and Greet’ embarrassing?. I remember going to meetings years ago when everyone sat politely in rows in the seating and allowed the EM to talk without constant interruptions. Also back then players actually left their mounts outside as the notice asks them too. Last nights exhibition has decided me it is time to give up doing events, I have been considering it for a while, the sheer bad manners and constant drivel about drops becomes annoying. To me drops are ok but they are not the reason I go to events, I play for fun not to listen to constant queries about ‘drops’. As to having mounts inside,where this was a new player it is understandable, after all they are just following the example of those who should know better. A prime example is the player (we all know who) who likes to sit in the chair which has long been the province of the EM, with his swampie occupying half the front row of seats.

It comes to me that the disgraceful performance of some is very reminiscent of poor old EM Gotan’s introduction which was followed by some of us having to apologise for Europa. The same ill-mannered group were in evidence then and I think in future I will forgo the pleasure of their company and give events a miss. If any are run I will continue to do any Royal Investigator events, at least there one is unlikely to see any of the clowns as it sometimes involves using their brains and a lack of grey matter is a serious disadvantage.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just you, I am sure there are others that feel like you. Not me, I think it should be a place anyone can voice an opinion or feelings in whatever way they wish too.

I find some EM's think their rings should be kissed daily, am yet to meet a humble em.

Posting on this forum is a joke, thirty minutes now, still waiting. Fix ure ****!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Their play style is just about grieving. The comments about running for town governor summed up their mentality. Unfortunately this is just the way it is, it's all about the ignore function.

I just wish the EM's could have squealching powers..

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missed the meeting unfortunately due to work commitments.

Did i miss much?
Not that I saw, it was just Emile saying that he is officially back. I only stayed for about 20 mins before I had had enough of the usual suspects bad manners and left.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just you, I am sure there are others that feel like you. Not me, I think it should be a place anyone can voice an opinion or feelings in whatever way they wish too.

I find some EM's think their rings should be kissed daily, am yet to meet a humble em.

Posting on this forum is a joke, thirty minutes now, still waiting. Fix ure ****!
Well, if there are others it isn't just me is it?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And you probably won't meet many either if as you claim, you don't even play.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emile was asking about events that are currently in progress with the town governors and how he will support the active ones which Gotan had started.

He was looking forward to working with the new governor system when the elections open again in December as this was not in game in his previous GM role

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I am a little let down by this new/old EM, I went to the meeting with full hopes of meeting him and getting accustomed to him and having a chat to get to know each other and explain the work I do and stuff......
Last night he didn't even tell anyone he was giving out sashes or whatever he was giving out as a welcome, He just opened a portal to some place and the opened another back to Brit.... Without telling anyone he was handing something out.......
I,with my feeling of adventure and exploration, ventured via both portals one of the first, To my knowledge that once back in Brit I couldn't even go back to pick something up that I didn't know was for grabs, and when I asked politely if he could open gate so that I could go and get my item as EVERYONE else had, he just said no, For me that's just pure malice, to put in a vague word.... I would understand if I had an ALT character or something, or in-case someone else had one he didn't open, But he could of placed us there with his EM powers without risking the ALT character scenario from being a problem. I know it wasn't a drop or anything and I aint after them either and it was something he was doing nice for us players in Europa, but he just has left me with a bad taste in my mouth, when politely he was asked for a mistake of his, not us....... If Id been informed to stay in that little patch of grass I would of, till I had gotten the item, but he didn't explain anything and then I have to be on the wrong and not get an item..... Some more communication could of helped to solve this instance.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your issue here Alex, but remember he maybe an old EM but he has been out of the role for a while so perhaps a little rusty. I had nothing but great experiences with Emile in his first stint so don't let one bad experience taint your opinion on him.

I also feel for him having to put up with the grievers who's sole purpose is to ruin what should be an enjoyable meet & greet.

JellyBelly

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've never been to an EM event meeting (as been away for many years and only recently returned) but look forward to participating in any events that are organised so thanks for the heads up on what happened.

It's a shame that people see fit to ruin the event for others and I'll never understand the mentality of playing a social game purely to be anti-social or a general nuisance to others.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend the next meet or any events in the future.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish EMs had more powers to deal with people like that, but I doubt its going to happen.

I wouldn't stop going to events because of them though, thats just letting their disruptive behaviour win. I know whats going to happen when I see them turn up, its nothing new and if they have anything to say I ignore them, they're not worth the effort.

@Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS - I'm sorry but you're wrong. Emile said something like 'And you know what happens when a new EM arrives..', I guessed death, but many others guessed sash. Emile then said sash, opened a gate and said 'Go through the gate and wait for me'.

Some advice on events, if the EM gates us to that area in Ilshenar or the Star room, STAY PUT - thats usually where they gate us when handing out sashes or we used that area for Mesannas roulette. Also, don't go running off, keep the EMs bar up and stay close to them, thats normally where the action happens.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for clearing that one up Odin, I actually missed the sash hand out as I was running late.

@alex I'm not surprised you missed Emile say that due to the grieving spammers.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Like a true gentleman, I must apologise for my blabbering and complaints. I got a bit carried away when writing the last comment and maybe I went over top and for that I apologise to all of you, my fellow players and especially to EM Emile Layne :), sorry for that, and keep the great work you have done in the past up, even if you just returned to us right now.

@Hardy @Odin of Europa I do know it was his first event, he might still be rusty around the edges and I should of given him some slack as he just returned. I will try to keep close to the EM and do less adventuring when it comes to events, read more what is being said and try to avoid getting lost with the griefters and try to stay more put..... Sometimes excitement gets to us :facepalm:

@EM Emile Layne Hopefully I can catch you in game and we can get to know each other and have a chat in different circumstances and express our thoughts and ideas with each other.

Id like to thank also, last but not least, my Mystery friend for donating me his sash and calming my thoughts and making my laugh again. Thanks for that, Its very much appreciated and I owe you one my friend......

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS An apology on the internet is quite rare, I will value it as such ;) And I'm sure we'll get another chance to have a chat!

I'm sorry for the confusion with the gates, I should have known better. But like others mentioned; it has been a while so I am a bit rusty.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until Mesanna grants squelching powers to EMs to get rid of griefers it will continue. For anyone sad enough to have seen the behaviour at a Royal Funeral a few years ago will know how low some players will stoop.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Until Mesanna grants squelching powers to EMs to get rid of griefers it will continue. For anyone sad enough to have seen the behaviour at a Royal Funeral a few years ago will know how low some players will stoop.
Well Considering Mesanna trusts her Em's even less than the players that pay her bills here I very much doubt we will be rid of those Griefers :bdh:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Years of observation of actions, rather than all the endless words and excuses, makes some of us certain the likelihood of Mesanna ever doing anything effective against the problem players is absolutely nil.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
sorry for all the posts there i cant seem to delete em it tells me service unavailable even now :( That'll teach me to type that during maintenance eh?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i agree, there were a few people who were acting very rudely. Is it that hard to be polite? a little respect goes a hell of a long way. Theres no need for those people to have acted like they did. I feel really sorry for the EMs when they have to put up with **** like that, its unfair and it ruins it for the rest of us. They have to spend time trying to deal with the griefers which stresses them out and makes events drag on longer than they should have to. And these griefers generally dont even moan about valid points, they are just doing it on purpose to be utter tools. It's unfair and something should be allowed to be done to silence them, such as a two hour ban until the end of the event. Give them 3 strikes and then implement the 2 hour ban, if they persist to do it constantly at events then ban them for a week and then a month etc etc. It records what is said in the server logs anyway so there will always be evidence to back up a ban. If it's a constructive arguement then fair enough, but most of the time it's just mindless griefing from childish individuals. I just can't get my head around why some people act like complete douches and get pleasure out of annoying someone.
I'm not refering to you by the way Alex, i can understand why you were upset. Im refering to certain other people who were just being annoying for the hell of it.

Yes there is the ignore function which im aware of, but that doesn't stop them physically griefing in game with actions.