• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was I lucky or is there that much land now...

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like many I have been trying to camp a few IDOCs here and there and discovered a couple things.

1) I really suck at looting - especially well camped IDOCs. Managed two special fishing nets and a couple pieces of low-end rubble from last nights big luna rare house fall...but I digress...

2) There is a LOT of green space (which is kinda nice) but so much so that I was able to recall into a spot where a keep fell 24 hours ago, and just drop a new one?! I know Keeps aren't that rare (though this was my first) but it seemed odd that an IDOC keep would fall and no one would bother replacing it! I saw evidence that some players were trying to block the spot for a castle, but I guess when they found one wouldn't fit they just demolished their plots and left it wide open. Or was I just lucky? I only discovered it while cleaning up my IDOC runebook, recalling into all the spots and realized the spot I marked "IDOC KEEP" was without a keep and quickly dropped a new one. And this was the KEEP to the extreme north of Vesper for those wondering where I placed.

Last edited:

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don't worry about being bad at IDOC looting. I'm in that category too. 3 IDOC's this week and I got a full treasure chest full of useless armor and weapons, a treasure chest filled with dyes and dye tubs (the ones you buy off NPC tailors), and misc. other junk that probably equals 25k if sold to players and npc's.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think Keeps are a whole lot popular due to their terrible design, wasted room and layout space, and the inability to customize. Most people I know would rather have a large tower or a customizable 18x18.....both of which can be placed almost anywhere. The only real benefit to a Keep is it's storage capacity and number of lockdowns. That and saying that you own the second largest house in the game :)

In general, IDOC'ers don't care about the plots or available land as much as they do the loot. The exception here, is of course if they can place a Castle or not. Even if they don't need one, they can sell it or give it to a friend or a guildmate.
In your case, it may have been luck. Or it could have been the fact that someone was trying to block a Castle spot. You'll probably never know.
But anyway, I think that in a couple weeks time we'll be able to take a good look at the land left and get a full sense of what's what.
Oh, and by the way, congratulations on your Keep!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, and yes. I never really wanted a keep (they really are a bad design), but I wanted to be prepared just in case they ever let us customize them - and yes, I need more storage space for all my useless IDOC crap - heh.