• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hello Europa, just a quick heads-up! There is a person going around homes on Europa trying to steal from containers, two of us saw the same person acting suspiciously around our homes and then later found that items had been stolen from a third home. Please check that all of your containers are secure!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a player with a lama pack inside my house not long ago. Does the sneaky guy’s name starts with a “D” and ends with an “E”?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No not the one I saw, but hey they might be changing chars to look less suspicious, I did see another a few days ago which was a shorter name...I don't remember if it started with a D! The one I saw started with M and was riding a beetle....They come up to your door and try to get in, if they get inside they stand around suspiciously in rooms with containers....It makes me so sad to see this behaviour on Europa :(

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would they steal stuff from secure containers?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Containers are not always secure, sometimes people are not as careful as they could be. My doors were set to 'friends' so nobody got in. My husband had made his castle public for our Halloween party and forgot to change it back, some items for his vendor were stolen, he thought all of his containers were 'owner' only... :(

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i heard that some bot traveling all around shards and try to scavenge all open containers... i suspect an i*ocguy.

Anyway, it's all fault of the owner of house, people should always double check security of theirs home.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah it's made me a bit paranoid too, I used to think Europa was like Canada, now I have realised it's becoming more like Atlantic, oh well :(

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As far as the name situation, keep in mind that long forgotten Incognito spell that hardly ever gets used.
I’ve known some trolls to use it and scam people and then do it over with a new name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
always detect hidden before u do something important in house. mail boxes should be checked, there are some that anyone can access.

James Battersby

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As far as the name situation, keep in mind that long forgotten Incognito spell that hardly ever gets used.
I’ve known some trolls to use it and scam people and then do it over with a new name.

The name used was one that for sure isn't getting used in the Incognito spell or in the disguise kit.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That’s fair. Im just throwing it out there because I’ve witnessed it happen while training a stealther

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will be probably running a auto loot script......same one they run at idocs.. par say at a idoc everything gets unlocked when it fall / house diappear and they auto loot script all the booty b4 u even see it!!!!... same idea outside your house..... if u unlock something they can prob auto loot script it .... mesanna and the devs really needs to sort these crap/ cheating low life scum out....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@THP I didn't even know such things were possible, I think I must have led a very sheltered UO life! :eek:

Nikon

Visitor
Just to be clear, is this an illegal thing in the game, as in not allowed. Or just part of the game and you're warning about it? I only ask as quite like the real life 'being suspicious of strangers' kind of thing as a bit of fun. Or is it just someone trying to exploit a bug or something?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well if things aren't nailed down I guess we can't really complain about someone taking them...but on the other hand most decent people wouldn't go around other people's homes trying to take anything that isn't locked down. As for the scripts that THP mentioned, yes they are illegal, the only third party program allowed is UOAssist.