• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warning to the wise:

mihali

Sage
Left my character unattended 5 minutes or 10, outside Dest after turning in my drops, and came back to find the chard dead, plus some other sitters out there dead, with a bunch of Bog things, boglings, ratmen etc from the nearby marsh. Glad that I insured the Whip reward, was able to get all my stuff back. Either the Devs playing a joke, or someone dragged all the bog spawn there. I think this is against the TOS for the game. But if an EJ did that, makes no difference. Looks like the toxicity is escalating as we reach the end of this event. This may cause the Devs to terminate the event ahead of time, so get your turn-ins cashed, I will mine.
Just a warning that it is not as safe as we are used to at the entrance, dont leave char unattended and sitting there and move away.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are not going to end the dungeon early for this.

Reactions: dvv

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I like how one soccer mom is butt hurt because she left her game unattended for an hour while watching Real Housewives of 'insert city here' and she feels that event will end early because her world is turned upside down.

oh man, the drama!
you could cut the tension with a knife!

I'm pretty certain that not one Dev cares that you died today.
we could post a poll on the official forum and ask them... but I'm fairly certain that none of them even know your name let alone care that you died while unattended while running an egg turn-in script.

but I will thank you for giving me a chuckle today, the thought of all those unattended people raging is humourous.
on a side note, you do realize that unattended while logged into the game for any reason is against that TOS that you mentioned above and will get you a 72 hour suspension for 1st offence (full paid account) and a perma ban for EJ account.
while luring spawn in tram will get you a finger waggle from a GM if one happens to catch you doing it.
not if someone accuses you of doing it, one catches you doing it.
so if you lured spawn then went about the game play and didn't do it again till say the next day, you'd never get caught.
anyways, commercials are almost done, I must get back to 'The Real Houswives of Ultiama Online'.

mihali

Sage
I like how one soccer mom is butt hurt because she left her game unattended for an hour while watching Real Housewives of 'insert city here' and she feels that event will end early because her world is turned upside down.

oh man, the drama!
you could cut the tension with a knife!

I'm pretty certain that not one Dev cares that you died today.
we could post a poll on the official forum and ask them... but I'm fairly certain that none of them even know your name let alone care that you died while unattended while running an egg turn-in script.

but I will thank you for giving me a chuckle today, the thought of all those unattended people raging is humourous.
on a side note, you do realize that unattended while logged into the game for any reason is against that TOS that you mentioned above and will get you a 72 hour suspension for 1st offence (full paid account) and a perma ban for EJ account.
while luring spawn in tram will get you a finger waggle from a GM if one happens to catch you doing it.
not if someone accuses you of doing it, one catches you doing it.
so if you lured spawn then went about the game play and didn't do it again till say the next day, you'd never get caught.
anyways, commercials are almost done, I must get back to 'The Real Houswives of Ultiama Online'.
Looks like you are the one who's is butt-hurt by my post. Somehow in a bizzarre way. Anyways I am not a mom, I am a pop, and you are Poo, so I'll make sure I will not step on you! (It rhymes even!)
This post was meant to be a warning when you come out of the Dest to Rez, like I do, Poo. And I don't do eggs bud, cause I do dungeon drops. With my archer, run fast and sting like a bee!
Also you may have been missing reading some posts here. The toxicity, complaints, accusations about egg this egg that, egg bots ad nauseum, here and in the "main" forum is escalating. I can assure you that
likely the Devs get an earful of this. Likely they do not care. I don't either.
The post was a factual post about some toxic players luring stuff to Dest entrance to kill folks. Was just for information, and to help others stay safe when coming out to Rez. Thats all.

Theno

Visitor
"Unattended" is the right word here. Being unattended and doing whatever you do (even hidden) is the risk you take. I've heard of people being killed at Luna Bank because they were "unattended", and Destard is wilderness, not even a safe place/guarded area.

And why is it always "people lure mobs to the entrance of Destard"? The Paragons are fast as hell, but surely you never ran away when one... or four spawned right next to you... right?!

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Left my character unattended 5 minutes or 10, outside Dest after turning in my drops, and came back to find the chard dead, plus some other sitters out there dead, with a bunch of Bog things, boglings, ratmen etc from the nearby marsh. Glad that I insured the Whip reward, was able to get all my stuff back. Either the Devs playing a joke, or someone dragged all the bog spawn there. I think this is against the TOS for the game. But if an EJ did that, makes no difference. Looks like the toxicity is escalating as we reach the end of this event. This may cause the Devs to terminate the event ahead of time, so get your turn-ins cashed, I will mine.
Just a warning that it is not as safe as we are used to at the entrance, dont leave char unattended and sitting there and move away.
It can be on purpose if it will happen again. Anyway you were leaving your toon unattended , violating TOS too. Yes, pissing off some people whose runes not working .
Why you mention EJ here ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was widely known that some people have lured spawn there to counter the scripters?
Have I ever left a char unattended out in the wild? Yes. But when I did, I invised and made sure I was back before the invis wore off - after I washed my hands of course.
Even a wandering headless can manage to kill a character left unattended and visible in the wilds.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Even a wandering headless can manage to kill a character left unattended and visible in the wilds.
Ya some of those healers can go mad, walking all alone in the woods and attack you for no reason at all, I know I had one do that to me one day, Positive Karma character being chased by a MAD healer, I had to hide, but every time I became visible that mad healer came back, was some funny times that day

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The rules are below, #6 is what deals with the OP. It appears to be worded that, while it isn't allowed, it appears they wont really do anything unless you are performing an action. But it appears to be against the rules regardless of performing an action or not. complete rules Here

1655737082477.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can sit doing nothing unattended all day this is not against the TOS any action even gaining in meditation or focus could catch you a ban
Actually it is. Read #6 above.

I noticed the other day, a headless was attacking a player that was afk on LS outside Destard.

It had them about 1/2 life so I killed it.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you all are misreading number 6. "active" in the first sentence being the keyword. And the 2nd sentence further clarifying activity.

Just being AFK and not doing anything is not against the rules.

Notice they also include the action in the second sentence after the qualifier.

It would be extremely stupid to ban players that are just AFK. Use common sense people.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you all are misreading number 6. "active" in the first sentence being the keyword. And the 2nd sentence further clarifying activity.

It would be extremely stupid to ban players that are just AFK. Use common sense people.
I'll not take a chance on it. it's too vague and is left up to interpretation.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some players are jerks. If you are blocking the view or something you can get moved.

Why do you think you cant have pets near the House stone on TC. Players were going afk with a dragon to block the view of the stone.

I doubt they will do anything to bank sitters. But they can.
How many people are AFK at Luna Bank and NOTHING happens to them. @Lore has it right.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Some players are jerks. If you are blocking the view or something you can get moved.

Why do you think you cant have pets near the House stone on TC. Players were going afk with a dragon to block the view of the stone.

I doubt they will do anything to bank sitters. But they can.
You really need to learn how to read.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

We're talking Broadsword and game GMs here. Why chance it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You really need to learn how to read.
So how are you going to respond to a GM if asked if you are afk Mr. Reader.

Why did they make an area on TC where no pets can go now. Because people were standing around AFK doing nothing.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So how are you going to respond to a GM if asked if you are afk Mr. Reader.

Why did they make an area on TC where no pets can go now. Because people were standing around AFK doing nothing.
They were purposely blocking the stone not just standing around...

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
... This may cause the Devs to terminate the event ahead of time, so get your turn-ins cashed, I will mine.
You don't know what's in the Devs minds and to speculate in this way is fearmongering, Chicken Little.

What I'm hearing is you left to do something, someone else who was ACTIVELY playing was upset at you and maybe others blocking the spots so they brought in some help to move you. Did they specifically lure it onto YOU or were there others loitering there too? Do you know how long it takes to lure all that stuff up there? Also, it is ENTIRELY possible that someone was doing a map in that area and dragged the spawn slightly north, where it got wind of some easily accessible prey. Perhaps, even, someone ran up to all of you in that area, after being chased by all those monsters, looking for help and what did all of you do? Sit there and not help. There is a healer there and monsters have been known to make a beeline for people after they return to the area or are newly rezzed.

Did you check to see in your journal if anyone asked you to move or said anything? Can you point out where they said anything discriminatory or maybe, since you think the Devs are in-game playing jokes on you, maybe did the monsters say anything to you before they took you out?

It's just not as safe as we are used to LOL. I am literally sitting inside the zoo right now on one screen and typing on the other screen. I am in the guard zone, in Trammel and I know darn well there is better than average chance that some random skeleton will come by with its ghostly friend and kill me. Which is why I'm on two screens.

Didn't you read about the mad cow? You're not safe anywhere. Guards don't always come. Hiding doesn't always work. Potions don't always cure. Spells fizzle. It's an imperfect world and you just need to accept that and use your critical thinking skills to figure out how you're going to avoid such a catastrophic thing happening you to again without sending out an SOS to everyone in the world. *literally shakes head sadly*

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i forget where i was yesterday but someone pulled 2 bog things plauge beast and 2 alligators to the entrance. I was just there right before that and they weren't there. but as i arrived I saw one person run into the dungeon. And there was a corpse on the ground of someone that i saw gathering eggs.

I invised right away and most of them wandered away. i kept calling out in chat but the egg gatherer never responded. I was able to kill one of the bog things. I stayed around but the bog thing corpse disappeared and the egg gatherer corpse turned to bones. It stayed there for a long time so i don't think they got their corpse and I know they didn't have time to turn in their eggs.

About an hour later I returned there and there were more bog things and the plague beast there. someone was intentionally pulling them to the entrance. (just like that person that did it on Atlantic a few weeks ago, but with dread spiders... several people were afk that day & were able to get their corpses after I called out in chat)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i forget where i was yesterday but someone pulled 2 bog things plauge beast and 2 alligators to the entrance. I was just there right before that and they weren't there. but as i arrived I saw one person run into the dungeon. And there was a corpse on the ground of someone that i saw gathering eggs.

I invised right away and most of them wandered away. i kept calling out in chat but the egg gatherer never responded. I was able to kill one of the bog things. I stayed around but the bog thing corpse disappeared and the egg gatherer corpse turned to bones. It stayed there for a long time so i don't think they got their corpse and I know they didn't have time to turn in their eggs.

About an hour later I returned there and there were more bog things and the plague beast there. someone was intentionally pulling them to the entrance. (just like that person that did it on Atlantic a few weeks ago, but with dread spiders... several people were afk that day & were able to get their corpses after I called out in chat)
Now that is down right mean to do that, if I see anyone doing that I will report them

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People have been doing the same thing on the other side of the entrance since the event began. Dumping paragons at the entrance.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People have been doing the same thing on the other side of the entrance since the event began. Dumping paragons at the entrance.
I bring them to entrance to kill i have with every event. But sometimes it's just folks running for their lives!!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God UO players have become lazy. Back in my day people used to hide at least or recall to a town before going afk :lick:

I mean there was this guy on Atlantic on one of the early events when it was in Doom. He had a hard time finding the guardian room and by the time he arrived, he had basically aggro'd every mob in the dungeon while screaming for help. Not everyone was prepared to fight a fierce ghoul or mummy that day. He was notoriously known for pulling stuff like that.Some say he was grieving and knew exactly what he was doing, but who am I to judge.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bring them to entrance to kill i have with every event. But sometimes it's just folks running for their lives!!
At least while I was playing, people would run out and then run back in hoping it wouldn't re-aggro. Then they'd just happily go back to their spawn spot. This was on a shard where there weren't enough people to insta kill some of the stronger paragons on spawn.

mihali

Sage
You don't know what's in the Devs minds and to speculate in this way is fearmongering, Chicken Little.

What I'm hearing is you left to do something, someone else who was ACTIVELY playing was upset at you and maybe others blocking the spots so they brought in some help to move you. Did they specifically lure it onto YOU or were there others loitering there too? Do you know how long it takes to lure all that stuff up there? Also, it is ENTIRELY possible that someone was doing a map in that area and dragged the spawn slightly north, where it got wind of some easily accessible prey. Perhaps, even, someone ran up to all of you in that area, after being chased by all those monsters, looking for help and what did all of you do? Sit there and not help. There is a healer there and monsters have been known to make a beeline for people after they return to the area or are newly rezzed.

Did you check to see in your journal if anyone asked you to move or said anything? Can you point out where they said anything discriminatory or maybe, since you think the Devs are in-game playing jokes on you, maybe did the monsters say anything to you before they took you out?

It's just not as safe as we are used to LOL. I am literally sitting inside the zoo right now on one screen and typing on the other screen. I am in the guard zone, in Trammel and I know darn well there is better than average chance that some random skeleton will come by with its ghostly friend and kill me. Which is why I'm on two screens.

Didn't you read about the mad cow? You're not safe anywhere. Guards don't always come. Hiding doesn't always work. Potions don't always cure. Spells fizzle. It's an imperfect world and you just need to accept that and use your critical thinking skills to figure out how you're going to avoid such a catastrophic thing happening you to again without sending out an SOS to everyone in the world. *literally shakes head sadly*
Try and read posts correctly. The OP had one purpose : Public Service info. I did not mind getting killed. My character is a warrior, and I get killed almost routinely, due to the high risk Paras in Dest. I enjoy hunting them. Dying in there is business as usual for a lot of us that actually play the game.
Also I doubt that ALIENS lured stuff there or other theories. Read the post by @Cinderella , if you wish as well.
Is it a bad joke, or vile act of some delinuent mind? Who knows. Message was meant to be just a "watch out" message, again a public service, not a complaint or rant,

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Luring mobs on AFK people is fun. I don't care how many times I get reported for it, I do it every chance I get. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luring mobs on AFK people is fun. I don't care how many times I get reported for it, I do it every chance I get. That's all I have to say on the subject.
You should overhead talk stuff like. LOOK OUT or RUN or Sorry! That will confuse a GM if called.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are some choice phrases to use with GMs if and when they question you about things. I'm in a particularly good mood so I will share them with you.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I just logged in and I was in this house."

"What is (insert whatever term they are accusing you of)?"

"Sorry, you must have the wrong person."

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are some choice phrases to use with GMs if and when they question you about things. I'm in a particularly good mood so I will share them with you.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I just logged in and I was in this house."

"What is (insert whatever term they are accusing you of)?"

"Sorry, you must have the wrong person."
Those will work great when they ask, How many eggs have you picked up today?

Or any other chatty question they ask. They are not robots.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Those will work great when they ask, How many eggs have you picked up today?

Or any other chatty question they ask. They are not robots.
Yeah, I've had to deal with them quite a few times. As long as you show that you're there they really don't care much about what you are doing. Most of the time it's as simple as answering a question. "What color is my robe" is pretty popular. Just be respectful, nice, and act dumb and you really don't have to worry about them too much.

If they asked me "how many eggs have you picked up?" I'd go with, "I don't know. A few. What are they for anyway?"