• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warning to tamers

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has come to my attention, on my shard, that there are Cu Sidhe's being sold with "interesting" stats. They are fresh tames. Proceed with caution if procuring such beasts.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I saw that also :
The stats are "interesting", there is a 99.9% chance that these Cus are exploited. This is not a program error, or "bug".
If you have played the game for a while, and specifically taming and you look at these "interesting pets" and look at their stats and initial skills, you will have but one or two guesses how they were made this way. It should NOT be doable. However it STILL is a major exploit, and code should be installed to prohibit drop of a pet level, (EACH pet, not just Cu's,) below a specific #, Like for Cus should never drop below 3.

The person selling them, and in all likelihood is using an "incognito" name, that I am not even allow to mention in the forum here, was selling and displaying his Cus at Luna stables blatantly and opensly showing them as "2 slot Cu's", and selling then for 100 M plain color and colored ones for 150 M. I saw that and I said here comes another pet revert storm heading this way!!!!!!!!!
His friend nearby also was spouting off how it was done also.
He also could be shard-hoping, perhaps thinking he/she would be safer doing the scam this way?
Could be the same exploit class that pple saw 2,300 HP Cu's?
DO NOT BUY HIS CUS AND CALL a GM right away to hopefully nail them.

The people behind this are likely passionate haters of the game in general, and I suspect particularly haters of tamers. They are imposters and scammers. Either that or we have a few young teenagers messing with the system? Either way this messing is lethal for taming and should not be allowed.
The fact is If you buy any of these pets, you will get under the crosshairs of the dev team also. Not to mention you just got scammed of 150M or more.
I think that if we see these "interesting" pets in the game, CALL a GM ASAP, and expose this exploit right there. I think that this should be INSTA-BAN probably?
Your opinions on this appreciated also, but most of all DONT BUY these pets!!.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I saw that also :
The stats are "interesting", there is a 99.9% chance that these Cus are exploited. This is not a program error, or "bug".
If you have played the game for a while, and specifically taming and you look at these "interesting pets" and look at their stats and initial skills, you will have but one or two guesses how they were made this way. It should NOT be doable. However it STILL is a major exploit, and code should be installed to prohibit drop of a pet level, (EACH pet, not just Cu's,) below a specific #, Like for Cus should never drop below 3.

The person selling them, and in all likelihood is using an "incognito" name, that I am not even allow to mention in the forum here, was selling and displaying his Cus at Luna stables blatantly and opensly showing them as "2 slot Cu's", and selling then for 100 M plain color and colored ones for 150 M. I saw that and I said here comes another pet revert storm heading this way!!!!!!!!!
His friend nearby also was spouting off how it was done also.
He also could be shard-hoping, perhaps thinking he/she would be safer doing the scam this way?
Could be the same exploit class that pple saw 2,300 HP Cu's?
DO NOT BUY HIS CUS AND CALL a GM right away to hopefully nail them.

The people behind this are likely passionate haters of the game in general, and I suspect particularly haters of tamers. They are imposters and scammers. Either that or we have a few young teenagers messing with the system? Either way this messing is lethal for taming and should not be allowed.
The fact is If you buy any of these pets, you will get under the crosshairs of the dev team also. Not to mention you just got scammed of 150M or more.
I think that if we see these "interesting" pets in the game, CALL a GM ASAP, and expose this exploit right there. I think that this should be INSTA-BAN probably?
Your opinions on this appreciated also, but most of all DONT BUY these pets!!.
This guy had junk gear on him and a plain robe and a straw hat. I never have seen him on the shard before..so he could be a shard hopper or "incognito"..and a plain name..no guild.

Fenbay

Adventurer
Interesting. I'm about to start working on a tamer as my next project, and as someone who hasn't tamed in over a decade I'd not even know this was a scam or what to look for..... can you give some neb friendly specifics on what to look out for?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Interesting. I'm about to start working on a tamer as my next project, and as someone who hasn't tamed in over a decade I'd not even know this was a scam or what to look for..... can you give some neb friendly specifics on what to look out for?
Not here :) But just know that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is....safest bet is to tame your own pets so you know exactly what you're getting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard? Maybe someone from here can help you get started.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There has been a HUGE uptick of Cu taming on Legends recently. I can't say if any of it is related to this or not, but definitely an above average churn in the Twisted Weald.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest that thou wouldst tame thine own pets, then visit the strange place known as "Test Center."
On Test Center's downtown New Haven, there are a couple of magical gates that help thee in bonding thy pet and then in training.
There, thou canst test out things like order of enhancement to see what will work, what will not, and what will appear to work but then the pet never actually useth the new ability.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This guy had junk gear on him and a plain robe and a straw hat. I never have seen him on the shard before..so he could be a shard hopper or "incognito"..and a plain name..no guild.
Aye, same person on GL.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I just ned a female character at luna stables that was showing up a Cu she bought from this seller, whose name she did not want to mention, but she knew his ICQ..I pretended to want to buy one to get his name, she called his ICQ and he did not answer...She related she paid 50M for the gimped 2 slot ICQ she was showing off. I bet she still thinks its a legit ICQ. I let her know she may have been had for 50 M, but she was not very receptive to the idea. I dunno maybe she was part of the scam? Anyways be ware is the right word I guess...If this is (and it looks and smell like it is) a flagrant expoit, we ALL stand to suffer because of it, not just the buyers..I also think a comment from @Bleak would be appropriate here..

Fenbay

Adventurer
What shard? Maybe someone from here can help you get started.
Thank you very much for the offer. Chessy, but I'm finishing up my sons archer first, and then it is on to the tamer.

I have a million questions about most effective build these days etc. so I will need some help! Looks very complicated with all the changes, but probably a lot of fun too.

Wayyyyyyy back when I had a bard tamer and maybe some archery who did pretty well, but this was before spellweaving, necro, ninj, bushido etc.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please make sure that no information is posted that could lead to someone being able to do an exploit. I removed two posts that were made with good intentions but possibly gave away too much information. We do not want to remove posts and threads that are used to help the community but we do not want to help others make matters worse. The best course of action would seem to be to let the devs know before it becomes too well known and they have to do a lot of damage control which may affect everyone.

TheFarg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was in yomotsu mines yesterday training on the shadow iron elementals. There was a female character there training with s special colored cu that was 2 slots!. I asked how she was able to find a 2 slot cu as I thought that they didn't go under 3 slots. She ignored everything that I said and didn't answer any of my questions. This was on Great Lakes server.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I was in yomotsu mines yesterday training on the shadow iron elementals. There was a female character there training with s special colored cu that was 2 slots!. I asked how she was able to find a 2 slot cu as I thought that they didn't go under 3 slots. She ignored everything that I said and didn't answer any of my questions. This was on Great Lakes server.
Yep..But this is not only on GL..Its going on other areas. But at least the devs can look there also. By the way I pretty sure that whoever is behind that female character is able to shard hop..Bu agree was funny, and like nothing special going on..Like not worried too much..may be he/she has connections up high? Who knows :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep..But this is not only on GL..Its going on other areas. But at least the devs can look there also. By the way I pretty sure that whoever is behind that female character is able to shard hop..Bu agree was funny, and like nothing special going on..Like not worried too much..may be he/she has connections up high? Who knows :)
Also a friend who was also training there the same night, recognized her as the person who bought a Dread Horse from him a little while back ..for just 20 M..He was away from the game a few years, and when back he was out of funds. Did not know the value of these and sold it for 20 M to buy regs and stuff for imbuing as he was broke then. That kind of gives you an estimate of her integrity. He later found out the real value of that pet was more like 400-500 M at that time. Very few people want to buy these now, after the pet upgrade, and their value is not what it was then anyways.