• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING: Possible House issue with Lockdowned/Secured containers

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay Jirel and I were celebrating the end of finals/semester playing UO and enjoying the lovely jewelry box. Jirel discovered that all the locked down - secured containers at her Keep were set to friends save one and it was set to owner. All of these had been set to Co-Owners.

We split up the remaining accounts and check all the houses. The only other house with same issue was her FEL castle. And all but a few were set to friend instead of co-owner.

As for the FEL castle, I had set those to co-owner when they put in the co-owner fix. The only two items that i cannot account for is my hatchet with uses and double exceptional spellbook. It was made by scribbles, but it did not say crafted by...

I been trying to figure what is the common link between the two houses... one is a keep and the other a castle. one is in tram and other in fel. The only character they had in common was Katie Windsong, but she only had access. Both house now have Jewel boxes, i doubt that is the link. Luc has one and there is one in the desert castle.

I just want to give everyone a heads up and hope someone has an idea of what happen. (Please no "You just didn't change the setting" because I am 99% sure I change the mongbat stuff to co-owner.)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Jirel and I were celebrating the end of finals/semester playing UO and enjoying the lovely jewelry box. Jirel discovered that all the locked down - secured containers at her Keep were set to friends save one and it was set to owner. All of these had been set to Co-Owners.

We split up the remaining accounts and check all the houses. The only other house with same issue was her FEL castle. And all but a few were set to friend instead of co-owner.

As for the FEL castle, I had set those to co-owner when they put in the co-owner fix. The only two items that i cannot account for is my hatchet with uses and double exceptional spellbook. It was made by scribbles, but it did not say crafted by...

I been trying to figure what is the common link between the two houses... one is a keep and the other a castle. one is in tram and other in fel. The only character they had in common was Katie Windsong, but she only had access. Both house now have Jewel boxes, i doubt that is the link. Luc has one and there is one in the desert castle.

I just want to give everyone a heads up and hope someone has an idea of what happen. (Please no "You just didn't change the setting" because I am 99% sure I change the mongbat stuff to co-owner.)
I have had this happen when I change the house sign on keeps and castles except it reset every container to anyone. And a few times when I changed the foundation of a custom house, I think on the custom house when you do that it always changes door and tele tile setting to anyone, and sometimes gets a wild hair and resets every container to anyone. May or may not be related.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've had all my door securities change too and experienced this bug. Not the spellbook one, but the security one. Tram 18x18 Definitely related to customizing the house.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I know if you go from private to public a lot of securities get moved to everyone. I would think it would just be teleporters and doors, but who knows.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These kinda stories scare me more than Michael Myers
I thought my UO house was haunted or something a few months ago... I locked a box down, then watched as it picked itself up again, moved two tiles, and then locked itself back down. Apparently a lag spike caused it and my cursor must have kept dragging it as I hit the lock down button.

Watching that box of UO items float itself across the room scared me more than a horror movie would have.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when a fellow guild member had her home public she had several containers go public on her. she is not too happy that her easter bunnies all came up missing

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Had this happen to me with a few containers this year. Cost me all the soulstones of my main account. :|

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
How long ago was that?
She moved to that house back in may, noticed the Easter bunnies & golden goose missing in about July or August.
And she had moved to that location cause the last keep she had kept "eating" items...
would lock stuff down and about 10 mins they would disappear from that spot.

Her new keep though the container was still there but nothing inside. The security on the house was public but all containers were set to co-owner.
She had no clue that containers were changing to public til she went to get a bunny and they were gone. There were other containers inside the house that kept doing that too

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I am missing one of the new platinum dragon anniversary statues. I put another in the same spot cause I'm just that stupid. Waiting to see if it poofs tomorrow. Only had the place for like a week and it's already haunted.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I haven't had container problems that I know of yet lol. ive had things disappear, even though i never unlock anything there. its just display. ive also had armor disappear off mannequins. ive had bank boxes get wiped except for gifts on various shards, they were new chars just made with low skills. had mostly idoc loot. this seems to happen when new gifts come out.
Warning. on a side note: friend just lost a koi pond. he didn't know the pavers only go so high before they are put in moving crate by the next day. pond broke and is gone now.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't had container problems that I know of yet lol. ive had things disappear, even though i never unlock anything there. its just display. ive also had armor disappear off mannequins. ive had bank boxes get wiped except for gifts on various shards, they were new chars just made with low skills. had mostly idoc loot. this seems to happen when new gifts come out.
Warning. on a side note: friend just lost a koi pond. he didn't know the pavers only go so high before they are put in moving crate by the next day. pond broke and is gone now.
I've seen vendors holding lanterns and the lanterns were listed in search like for sale. Usually from like 0 to 2 gps. I was looking for begging lanterns at the time to put on my vendors and it popped up. Not sure how that happens. By the price maybe someone hit escape when dressing their vendor? Seems like I saw this on mannequins also but I could be mistaken, it's been awhile.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen vendors holding lanterns and the lanterns were listed in search like for sale. Usually from like 0 to 2 gps. I was looking for begging lanterns at the time to put on my vendors and it popped up. Not sure how that happens. By the price maybe someone hit escape when dressing their vendor? Seems like I saw this on mannequins also but I could be mistaken, it's been awhile.
When they drag an item into (or onto) the vendors backpack and then onto the vendors paperdoll, it picks up a price and can be bought. I bought a skirt off of a vendor's paperdoll so someone shady would not buy it but gave up trying to contact the owner to give it back ... *glances around shadily*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When they drag an item into (or onto) the vendors backpack and then onto the vendors paperdoll, it picks up a price and can be bought. I bought a skirt off of a vendor's paperdoll so someone shady would not buy it but gave up trying to contact the owner to give it back ... *glances around shadily*
Okay that makes sense! TY!