• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING for people Buying Runic Hammers

• Thread starter Dirty Old Man
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dirty Old Man

Hi all ,

Last night I was looking for some gold or better Runic Hammers and bought some off a vendor I recalled home and switched chars to find that i had been scammed the hammers were renamed or engraved to say Agaphite runic Smith hammers and Valorite ect anyway I didnt notice that The Tag was wrong and lost alot of gold the Luna Mall was The Catskills Rest Inn and the vendor is called 120s PINKS Stats I-Undercut just so noone else finds themselves losing a load of cash check those runic hammers carefully.
:sad2:
Thanks
Dirty Old Man

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own the house with that vendor. After reading your OP, I went ahead and investigated your claim. Here is a screenshot of the vendor.

I have not seen one of these hammers myself before today, but based on what I saw, he has "Agapite Smith Hammers" for sale but they are not engraved or titled in any way to display that they are a runic.

There was no decieving text added to the items for sale, however I myself could have been fooled by an "Agapite Smith hammer" as compared to "an agapite RUNIC hammer."

My assumption is that these are new but I do not know for sure. As far as caliming that someone has "Scammed" you, again I have not seen any evidence that the item was renamed, tagged or engraved in order to decieve the buyer in any way. The item is displayed "as is" with the title "agapite smith hammer" at the top.

Like I said, I don't know where these are from, but I don't see any evidence of a scam,

M

Mark Knotts

This is a common "scam" done on all shards. It's just a tinkered smith's hammer made with agapite worn down to the same amount of uses that a fresh agapite runic would have.

These are not new.

It's quite obvious he's trying to trick people into buying his hammers thinking they're getting a good deal on a agapite runic hammer. Sadly people fall for this classic scam time and time again. (No offense Dirty Old Man)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a common "scam" done on all shards. It's just a tinkered smith's hammer made with agapite worn down to the same amount of uses that a fresh agapite runic would have.

These are not new.

It's quite obvious he's trying to trick people into buying his hammers thinking they're getting a good deal on a agapite runic hammer. Sadly people fall for this classic scam time and time again. (No offense Dirty Old Man)
Exactly. It actually takes effort to do this with the OBVIOUS intention of ripping someone off. It's just a shame (And pretty funny but expected) that the house owner didn't understand or refuses to realize it and cancel their vendor. Maybe it's his?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. It actually takes effort to do this with the OBVIOUS intention of ripping someone off. It's just a shame (And pretty funny but expected) that the house owner didn't understand or refuses to realize it and cancel their vendor. Maybe it's his?
Actually the vendor belongs to the GM of your guild Nystul, and his contract has been cancelled.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the vendor belongs to the GM of your guild Nystul, and his contract has been cancelled.
Actually I've been out of their guild for quite some time now!

/Fail

So what made you finally comprehend that it was a scam?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 25 charges part. I was commenting on his claim that the items were "tagged" or "engraved." Then when looking that they were all brought to 25 charges, I saw it as an attempt to decieve so I cancelled the contract.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on the discovery that people don't sell agapite crafted smiths hammers @ 6mil.

My assumption is that these are new but I do not know for sure. As far as caliming that someone has "Scammed" you, again I have not seen any evidence that the item was renamed, tagged or engraved in order to decieve the buyer in any way. The item is displayed "as is" with the title "agapite smith hammer" at the top.

Like I said, I don't know where these are from, but I don't see any evidence of a scam
lol.

And that's why... Nevermind I don't need another infraction.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, I don't know what your issue is but if you have a problem with me, don't attempt to inflame it on message boards. You come off as it was my vendor and you say it is "expected". What have I done in the past that this would be expected? I just came back after a few days away and saw this thread. I saw a reason to cancel the contract so I did. I don't really know what else you want from me Nystul =/ Never had any problems in the past with my vendor shop.

D

Dirty Old Man

My intent is not to make Zuckuss look bad or to discredit him in anyway and I apologize if it came across that way I understand that people rent out vendors ect and my only intent was to let others know of this vendor and where it was located .
I thought the hammers were engraved or something because it was the only thing I could think of to explain the name and the fact that the charges were right on .
and as I'm recently returned to the game I didn't know this particular scam .... also Zuckuss sent me a PM offering to help offset my loss with some items and to tell me that the contract is cancelled but as it really was my fault for not paying attention I have declined but thank you Zuckuss for the Kind offer.

Dirty Old Man

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The problem has been resolved. I'm locking the thread. Thank you Zuckuss and Dirty Old Man for showing maturity and working this out.

*click* Nothing to see here, move along now.

Status
Not open for further replies.