• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warning! Dual Client UOAssist

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been using the dual client feature in UOAssist since it was put in. It worked fine. But now it is a piece of garbage. It has screwed up every macro by rearranging assigned keys randomly. It has done this several times now. Today is the worst. Everything was fine until I used it to swap items between accounts. Now every single character I have has had most of the macro keys swapped around.

** Edit ** Ok, I take back that is is now a piece of garbage. But it is still potentially very buggy. So I advise to backup both UOAssist & the UO client settings regularly. It's been a very bad day of re-keying my macros.

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never knew uoassit had a duel client feature. Have you tried starting each one separately starting with the second one you opened?

And swap you mean trade items between the two accounts?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OP are you maybe thinking of E***UO not UOassist?
because ive never seen a dual client button on UOassist.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no "button". You simply start another session of the same UOAssist client like you do many programs in Win10. It allows you to run two copies of UASssist at the same time. You then log into whatever account is not already logged in. It is a beta feature introduced quite a while back. It was posted on this board. It worked great for a while but now it can totally screw up every macro keybind randomly. I have had to redo 7 chars worth of keybinds today. If you use it, back up your UOAssist settings.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think he's talking about doing this when he said dual clienting, but with UO Assist. All I did was open the UO desktop icon again after the login page popped up. If you click yes a second login screen opens and you can log into two or more accounts at once (which is allowed as long as you don't use a script for it).

Untitled.png

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no "button". You simply start another session of the same UOAssist client like you do many programs in Win10. It allows you to run two copies of UASssist at the same time. You then log into whatever account is not already logged in. It is a beta feature introduced quite a while back. It was posted on this board. It worked great for a while but now it can totally screw up every macro keybind randomly. I have had to redo 7 chars worth of keybinds today. If you use it, back up your UOAssist settings.
I frequently do this but haven't had any issues yet

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It can mess up some stuff randomly. I backup my UOAssist settings folder & my UO client settings. It is advisable to do so at least once a month if you play regularly. I have logged into my mage that had a ton of spell icons all neatly arranged to have them all disappear (that is a UO client error though). After that I started backing things up.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that makes more sense.
the way you said it initially made it sound like there was some button your could toggle on uoassit.
ya running multiple clients has been around for a while, i personally have 2 up on my computer at any given time.
have never had a issue loosing macro's though.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I avoid this issue by only using UOAssist with one account, then starting the second account's instance of UO without Assist.

Nothing I do with 2 accounts requires having UOAssist running for both

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What the historian said can factor and also if you have multiple characters with the same name.