• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING DONT DO A SHARD TRANSFER

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did one form Hokuto to europa a hour ago.. relogged and no char on europa...logged back to hokuto and the chars not there either...

fully loaded all 120s char as vanished ...fair to say the DEVS need sort this out ...or ....im done....

not happy and GMs not around....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
update GM Chernborg showed and said the isssue ....will be resolved in time.. its all logged etc....seems the transfer started but didnt finish correctly... so hopefully soon

still i would not recommending doing a transfer at the moment...somethings unstable

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens very occasionally, as @THP mentioned contact a GM and he should be able to fix it for you

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are a lot of transfers going on right now. I have a transfer toon on Atl right now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well just checked and still no char back on Europa ...thats about a 4 hour revert at present..... if all else fails.....an option i guess?? to get the char fully back on Hokuto awaiting to jump shard.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I am not sure why its being said GMs wont recover a vanished pet. GM River found mine after I lost a Cu by stepping on my house transporter. I walked through it and when I came out the other side, I was no longer riding the pet. After 2 days of trying to recover it myself (pet slot read 5/5 and I could not take anymore pet s out of course) I called a GM and in 5 minutes, the pet as found and returned.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see this post until after I'd set a character on his way to Drachenfels, however I can confirm that he arrived safely in the expected time frame.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take away from this.
@Mesanna this is proof that people are abusing shard transfers to farm powerscrolls on dead shards and sell them on more competitive shards, please make powerscrolls shard bound.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies just checked on both europa the destination and hokuto whence it came and still no char... same still missing... mmmm ...thats a full 12 hour its been missing full bank box et all

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that may partially explain my failed attempts at transferring a toon yesterday, would not allow it as it said I already had a transfer in progress, which I did not, guess I will wait till next week.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i has 2 failed attempt... b4 it allowed me to transfer.. yes something is unstable uth shard transfers for sure .... guessing i will have to wait till monday when the devs return to week....possible too high level fix for a GM this one....

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Confirmed, another friend of mine just had same thing happen. GM says it will take a couple days to recover and has to be escalated.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I do a fair amount of transfers. It's happened to me like twice in the past. Normally I'd email Mesanna and she'd have it fixed almost immediately and everything arrived safe and sound. Being Sunday I doubt anyone is around today. It happens, it's happened to a few people I've talked to. GMs don't have any power to fix this. A responsible GM will notify the powers that be that it needs to be fixed. You might wanna contact Mesanna to follow up it gets taken care of. Something about transfer stuck in the header and a brief description of what happened.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed there is something unstable with the transfer system too, it took me 3 tries to get a transfer to start yesterday. It always works on the first try usually, so something is messing with it. Thankfully the character arrived safely though.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know the last time this happened in a rash of "LOST" transfers the weather was bad.
Extreme heat or cold does play havoc with energy supplied to us. I have heard our power company warn us of this fact a lot when we get temps over 100.
It makes sense.
Now I did hear nothing is truly lost in UO, it just takes a good hunting person to go find it. GM Chernabog is a great hunter.
THP give them time to look... hour counting wont help them find it any faster... chin up kiddo its there somewhere in the trade code.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it took about 10 tries to complete a transfer yesterday but i finally got my character moved from atlantic to sonoma. i kept getting messages that 'the character transfer warehouse was down', then a message about an unknown error occurred, and a message that i already had a transfer in progress. i paged a GM and got a response stating there were known issues and i should try again later.

others have lost characters during transfer and BS was able to recover them.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thankw guys gals im worried but hell its sunday like u say.. come monday and hopefully one of the dev techs can pull my missing char and stuff out the data base warehouse its stuck in...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and sort this issue out with transfers.. there is something unstable ... i would not recommend transfers till the devs have looked at this monday...///xx

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It may be a little more glitchy right now with the increase in transfers at the moment but the transfer system has always done this from time to time with me for no apparent reason I know off. An email to Mesanna always got it done for me.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I completed a transfer with no problems today too.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still no char back.... starting to get worried... this is my main account main char....if its lost there will be a fully loaded 19 YEAR account for sale..less one slot....plus another 16 year account

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies emailed mesanna on both her emails....like told by above posts .....i kinda thought ....because it was the weekend.... the dev team would have done the deed on monday...or at least emailed my appeal number to say not to panick and all is in order just a matter of time.... kinda freaking out to be fair ... this is not a throwaway transfer char it my main account main char suited and booted .....but hey . ... lets hope mesanna can sort this mess out...

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My recommendation - get rid of shard transfers. Its obvious you are going from Hokuto to europa for financial reasons. Transfers killed the community.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked this morning b4 work and thankfully my char and bank items have been fully restored...panick IS over... i thank the GMs ,Dev Team and Mesanna for sorting this mess out.... i have no idea if the shard transfer issue is fully resolved but i gave a warning because it was hence my char vanishing into the warehouse black hole ......maybe not now....but it was unstable to say the least....

U may close this post ....

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do a fair amount of transfers. It's happened to me like twice in the past. Normally I'd email Mesanna and she'd have it fixed almost immediately and everything arrived safe and sound. Being Sunday I doubt anyone is around today. It happens, it's happened to a few people I've talked to. GMs don't have any power to fix this. A responsible GM will notify the powers that be that it needs to be fixed. You might wanna contact Mesanna to follow up it gets taken care of. Something about transfer stuck in the header and a brief description of what happened.
Someone tell her that fixing bugs can save time spent on support in the long run... Unless your goal is to waste your time doing the same things over and over each time a player hits the bug.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My take away from this.
@Mesanna this is proof that people are abusing shard transfers to farm powerscrolls on dead shards and sell them on more competitive shards, please make powerscrolls shard bound.
i did not think it was a secret.
This is exactly what I am doing. If you don`t like it, come raid me on Napa.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
My take away from this.
If it wasn't for people coming to Legends to pilfer everything my vendor wouldn't sell half the stuff I do now. So I'm ok with it. I sell stuff for about half of Atlantic price so I know if it doesn't sell someone will grab it and take it to Atlantic at least :p

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@THP When you did your transfer, do you know if it was close to either shards server down time?
I had this happen a while back. After a GM fixed it they told me that it was because I did the transfer too close to the servers down time..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM couldnt fix this mate ...had to be passed onto the DEVs .....close the post.... seem whatver the issue was its sorted