• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warning Clothing Bless Deed Bug

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted last week about losing a blessed Crimson Cinture and that it vanished on me. Now I know for a FACT that it is a BUG!

I just received another Crimson Cinture and used a clothing bless deed. After using the deed and receving the standard message the clothing item is blessed and can't be stolen nowhere does it say blessed on it. I also can't insure it as it says it's blessed but there is no blue blessed letters above the item. I will try and post a screenshot.

I know this bug is how I lost my previous one and I do not want it to happend to anyone else. Dev Team please address or any players that have insights as to what is going on please share.

GM Acheron on Sonoma came and fixxed it but it took a GM to do it. Players be wary and I'm still out 1 Crimson Cinture:thumbdown:

I would at least expect the Dev Team to acknowledge and make aware to the playerbase that there is a bug and there are looking at fixing it.

Please double check any items you use clothing bless deeds on as the deeds are not doing what they are intended to do despite giving the message that the item is now blessed.

I should get a bag full of CC's for reporting this no?

Draconi, Jeremeny any chance of getting that CC replaced I lost?

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive also noticed the * Owned By* talismans can be stolen from you..they cant be insured because it tells you it is a blessed item and cant be insured...but it can be stolen out of your pack...ive done this a few times to be sure..and im sure. lol :shots:

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When your talking about items like the coveted Crimson Cinture that sell on Ebay and other sites for $60 it's not such a trivial bug.

I could live without some of those talismans or other clothing items (especially the new reward shirts) but the Crimson Cinture...the Big Daddy of them all. As you can hear I'm still crying about it. :wall:

Who do I leave my information with to see that I get my CC replaced? Is there an 800 number or something?

Seriously though I know the policy is not to replace items but I do think that in cases where there is a proven bug that it is warranted. Like I said we're talking about a $40-$60 item or so on Ebay that had it happen to some people they would just walk away from the game.

I love this game and I'm never leaving so I'll take the lumps as they come. I'm just glad I know I'm not crazy or that I did something real stupid...this time anyways.

K

Kiminality

Could this be a Kingdom Reborn only bug?
I would imagine not... All the client has to tell the server is "Use CBD on item"...
The entire process of applying the blessing should be done server-side, so the chances of it being based on the client used are pretty slim.
Likewise, the insurance/blessed item bug occurs in both clients, and should be an issue with the handling of items, server side, after death.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've blessed items and the text does not show up on the item.

Page a GM and they will fix it.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I learned the hard way and it shouldn't be a Page the GM to come fix this.

This is something that needs to be known to the playerbase...

Hell I wish someone told me about it and I'd still have a Crimson.

I do use strictly UOKR but I opened up the 2nd client and it wasn't blessed in there either.

But "just call the GM and have them fix it" doesn't fly with me at all. If that's the case that means there is going to be alot more people experiencing the same thing I did. Like I said we're talking about real life cash in some of these cases. :mad:

Now I know to watch out for this bug... but unless it gets fixed it's going to happen again to someone else and believe me knowing how I felt I don't want it happening to anyone else.

JC I'm not sure if something like this belongs on UOGuide but I sure don't want it happening to other people. Hopefully the Dev Team acknowledges it and addresses it.

I'm not sure exactly what enviroment the bug takes place in maybe since the latest patch... I don't know how to re-create it I just know that it happened to me twice and since I've become paranoid about losing my CC I found out that the bug is related to a faulty CBD.

R

RedDaTeef

I found a real nice "Owned by" talisman on someones corpse in Cove Fel the other day. Maybe relateed?

F

FarukAlazar

ive also noticed the * Owned By* talismans can be stolen from you..they cant be insured because it tells you it is a blessed item and cant be insured...but it can be stolen out of your pack...ive done this a few times to be sure..and im sure. lol :shots:
I haven't had one stolen, but I've had a talisman with my character's name on it be un-equipable by that character.:thumbdown:

D

Dreadlord Galaad

I found a real nice "Owned by" talisman on someones corpse in Cove Fel the other day. Maybe relateed?
The "Owned by" gets effective only after using the talisman ! So if you loot a "Owner by" talisman, you can drop it on death till its bonded to a character !

B

BartofCats

its just a thought.... but maybe someone has duped bless deeds and the server doesnt recognize them?? Like it recognizes it enough to say "blah blah blessed and cant be stolen" but doesnt actually bless the item.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another weird issue. My tamer's PBD cannot be used anymore. I took it off a piece of armor to put on another piece and it says "only the owner" blah blah blah...

G

Gwendar-SP

This bug has been around for ages. You bless something and the blessed info disapears. You can't use another bless deed on the item since it is already blessed. The item can be lost. It is like at some point it looks at itself and says "woops I'm not blessed" and acts that way. Up until then it acts blessed. Sometimes one can talk a GM into fixing it. Other times they brush you off with the standard canned response to look in the page of useless information they call the knowledge base.

This has been a real pain on siege where you can't insure things and the cost of a CBD is very high.

This problem has been around far longer than KR.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a fancy shirt like that its blessed but dont show up as blessed...

Blessed it myself but the tag never appeared

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I thought this happened if...

Item was insured by someone else.

You bless item while still showing insured.

Then the bless tag doesn't show.

I have several crimsons blessed (before last publish) and have had no issues. Not sure about new ones.

Someone test this out to confirm?

G

Gwendar-SP

I thought this happened if...

Item was insured by someone else.

You bless item while still showing insured.

Then the bless tag doesn't show.

I have several crimsons blessed (before last publish) and have had no issues. Not sure about new ones.

Someone test this out to confirm?

The items blessed on Siege don't fall under this since we don't have insurance.

L

Lord Drakelord

I have another weird issue. My tamer's PBD cannot be used anymore. I took it off a piece of armor to put on another piece and it says "only the owner" blah blah blah...
Try logging in and out, at the Inn or home, with the PBD in your pack

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just FYI... While that item does behave as a normal blessed item when you die, if it remains in your pack, it can be stolen by a thief. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on that. My apologies if this has already been posted. Didn't have time to read the entire thread.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while i can confirm it seems to have stayed with me on several deaths now i can also add that the shirt was not insured before.

It was crafted and then right away blessed so that wasn't it :)

K

Kyle

Thier is Deffinatly and "loose bless tag bug out" 100% sure, altho it should still act blessed. . . so ??

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But "just call the GM and have them fix it" doesn't fly with me at all.
I was referring to if you bless something and the tag doesn't show up on the item, page a GM to fix it. Has happened to me and my wife several times over the years and every time a GM has come and fixed it to display as being blessed.

Like I said we're talking about real life cash in some of these cases.
Unless you paid RL cash for it, then it would have a RL value to it. If you got it off a peerless then it didn't cost you a dime, so that's what it should be worth to you.

It's a game, treat it as such. If you start looking at all your items and chars and comparing their RL $ value, it stops being what it really is.... just a stupid video game.

My sympathies on your lose though. Blessed items dropping on corpses has been around forever. I had it happen to me with a HH when Doom was first added. It sucks, but what can you do.

L

Lady Narsil

This has been a bug for a long time now I post about it last year and never got an answer from the devs. I lost a HOM to the bug. So I always check things I bless and twice now have had to have a GM come and fix it. It is just amazing to me that they keep adding new content when the old is so messed up. I would be really happy if they just fixed what was broken before adding anything new.

A

Asmodai

lol i stole a crimson like this about a year back... it finally made my theif worth having!

the guy thought he was being all clever running around fel with a seemingly uninsured crimson, only for it to actually be blessed in disguise...

what he didnt realise is theifs can yoink it whenever they want! keep this bug in UO for the whole theiving profession!

D

Distic Rip

Its not KR related. Mine was blessed too. I dont even have KR installed. I lost mine the night the rift opened in moonglow. Couldn't get back to my body due to lag on dial up. Sent in the, "I know you probably cant do anything, but...." message. Made me cuss for a few days, at log in, thats for sure.