• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING Always tip your gardener

N

Natedawg26

So the other day im sitting in my shop on one of my alts talking to a friend of mine and I realize the gardener has come over....his creative name (George) no offense lol in his yellow jacket thing begins to water all my flowers...he finishes and then i get a message with something along the lines of (What? what do you mean you dont have enough to pay me? im gonna make you pay!) lol mind you vie been playing this game for years but with this economy and the way payouts are i usually give all my money or most of it to my main guy...at this point i had just came on to talk to a friend and didnt think whether i had enough money or not....but anyways the guy doesnt steal anything like a painting or a plant or hell even a toilet....he STEALS A CAMPFIRE lmao so naturally im torn between laughing my ass off and being pissed...talk about a mix of emotions...eventually i just kinda laughed it off cause im gonna be getting 3 anyways with amnesty and im not a huge fan of campfires to begin with but beware of this kind of thing....as much as id like to say i did i didnt make this up....they will literally steal anything...be sure you always have enough money...even if it does make for a crazy story to tell later

G

*runs to check wat he took* this happened twice , once with the maid and once with the gardener ...... shoot! i thought they just wont come again .. not take stuff!

G

<blockquote><hr>

So the other day im sitting in my shop on one of my alts talking to a friend of mine and I realize the gardener has come over....his creative name (George) no offense lol in his yellow jacket thing begins to water all my flowers...he finishes and then i get a message with something along the lines of (What? what do you mean you dont have enough to pay me? im gonna make you pay!) lol mind you vie been playing this game for years but with this economy and the way payouts are i usually give all my money or most of it to my main guy...at this point i had just came on to talk to a friend and didnt think whether i had enough money or not....but anyways the guy doesnt steal anything like a painting or a plant or hell even a toilet....he STEALS A CAMPFIRE lmao so naturally im torn between laughing my ass off and being pissed...talk about a mix of emotions...eventually i just kinda laughed it off cause im gonna be getting 3 anyways with amnesty and im not a huge fan of campfires to begin with but beware of this kind of thing....as much as id like to say i did i didnt make this up....they will literally steal anything...be sure you always have enough money...even if it does make for a crazy story to tell later

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as an aside, 'rares' and annviersary in the game are not recognized as rares in the code, they had a sellback in the production cities even of 1 simolean, and a pink poodle had the same sellback rate as a standard poodle so that's why the buzzard took your campfire LOL. I'm glad you were able to kinda laugh it off, many people would be jumping up and down and screaming, even with amnesty coming because of the resell value of that one *plus* the 3 they will be getting for amnesty. I wish more people had your perspective

G

in TSO/EAL there is no REPO man, but still his action are in code, for NPCs, I think Campfire had enough worth, as the payment, and he took it, I think 360 was the campfire worth until they started and added the flactuante stuff, so it's approxmiate 36$ (according to TSOMania, not sure the actual price)

So if you have 2 objects, a plant worth 10, and a tv worth 100, and you owe gardener 110, he'll take both.
but if you owe him only 100, he should take ONLY tv.

A

anniebonz

Nate, I'll come build a campfire in your yard and we'll roast marshmellows and get drunk and talk junk about George...aiight?

jk sorry for your loss...now I'm glad I never call those pervs

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

It's an easy fix for the dev team; they need to make the "retail price" of all rares set to the maximum amount, so NPC's don't view rares or gifts as inexpensive objects.

L

Lady J

dang. Since the merge I couldn't pay a couple of times but they never took anything rare, kitchen cabinets ect. I dont think ill be having a maid or gardener. lol Thanks for letting us know. and sorry for your loss.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no clue they took stuff for payment...
Im glad I dont have a need for any of them!

N

Natedawg26

lol loved reading the posts guys...and yea I really dont see it as a big deal on my part but just to make sure noone else suffers from something like that i do think they need to weak it a bit like mentioned above so it doesnt happen again ...but its still beta so im anxious/excited/terrified to know what kind of other things havent been found yet lmao

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

Nate, I'll come build a campfire in your yard and we'll roast marshmellows and get drunk and talk junk about George...aiight?

jk sorry for your loss...now I'm glad I never call those pervs

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a plan lol

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as an aside, 'rares' and annviersary in the game are not recognized as rares in the code, they had a sellback in the production cities even of 1 simolean, and a pink poodle had the same sellback rate as a standard poodle so that's why the buzzard took your campfire LOL. I'm glad you were able to kinda laugh it off, many people would be jumping up and down and screaming, even with amnesty coming because of the resell value of that one *plus* the 3 they will be getting for amnesty. I wish more people had your perspective

[/ QUOTE ]

haha well luckily it was just a campfire and not something like a robo dog or a tree....i would have prob had to get miss parizad or lee on the phone for that....but really its just a game lol

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

Imagine he stole a mystic
!

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao if he really wanted to piss in my cheerios for not paying him that would be the way to go...but he shouldnt look for a phone call anytime soon until the payouts are solved lol

G

If I were you, I would report it as a bug anyway. Even if your okay with it. The campfires need to be marked as rares with a lower value. Or all of them with a high enough value that they would not be stolen. If it was only worth 1 or 2 simoleans like the other rares, he would have left it. If you could get it back and you did not want it, you could sell it and hire a gardner for quite some time.

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

If I were you, I would report it as a bug anyway. Even if your okay with it. The campfires need to be marked as rares with a lower value. Or all of them with a high enough value that they would not be stolen. If it was only worth 1 or 2 simoleans like the other rares, he would have left it. If you could get it back and you did not want it, you could sell it and hire a gardner for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i reported it...im sure their aware of this issue cause ive heard from a few others about things being stole...just with amnesty coming up and everything they've had to dedicate all their time to that so i dont expect an immediate response or fix lol just thought id make it known that this CAN happen even though its unlikely...idk why of all the things in my house he chose a campfire though....lol

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

in TSO/EAL there is no REPO man, but still his action are in code, for NPCs, I think Campfire had enough worth, as the payment, and he took it, I think 360 was the campfire worth until they started and added the flactuante stuff, so it's approxmiate 36$ (according to TSOMania, not sure the actual price)

So if you have 2 objects, a plant worth 10, and a tv worth 100, and you owe gardener 110, he'll take both.
but if you owe him only 100, he should take ONLY tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so much that there is no code for the repo man, it's more that the code was always there for maids, repairmen and gardeners to take an item roughly of the same value as what they should be getting paid.

In the example you cite, they would likely just take the TV. The repo man would operate slightly differently. If you didn't pay your bills then he would come and take items roughly totalling the bills, so the TV and plant analogy would apply.

H

HoTDeViL

after my merge from AV the same thing happend to me with the maid.

i entered my house the first time after the merge. maid came and after 1 minute i already got the message. i only have rares on my alphaville lot and my house. after the maid left i didnt miss any furnitures. so one of my rares or rare items was gone.
i didnt look further what it was because i cannot change anything.

I think the dev team could have turned off our maids and gardeners with the merge, since all our money got taken. but they have so much work that i am sure no one was thinking about this.

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

after my merge from AV the same thing happend to me with the maid.

i entered my house the first time after the merge. maid came and after 1 minute i already got the message. i only have rares on my alphaville lot and my house. after the maid left i didnt miss any furnitures. so one of my rares or rare items was gone.
i didnt look further what it was because i cannot change anything.

I think the dev team could have turned off our maids and gardeners with the merge, since all our money got taken. but they have so much work that i am sure no one was thinking about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its probably something that will be fixed over time

S

Shyanne1

Do you think they will start to take custom content? Now that would suck.

C

Camile

Had to laugh, the first time I opened my AV sim after the merge, i didnt even think of the fact that I had 0 dollars, was checking to see if everything was there. THe maid gave me the same message and ripped my phone of the wall and sormed out of the house. I laughed so hard...!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you think they will start to take custom content? Now that would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they could because it has no designated sellback value, and has 100% wear so it seems like it would register code wise like a broken object and I've never seen a pissed NPC take a broken object in lieu of payment.

It'd be worth it to upload whatever something really cheap to upload would be and put it on a lot alone with no other objects besides the phone and see. I'm not sure what the very cheapest price to upload something is, but I assume it would be a poster.

G

Ok, glad I found this post, and I hope I just "rained on somebody's parade", because I just went and FIRED every maid and gardner on my account!! So far I haven't received any messages from a maid or gardner, but 2 of my avatars have had their simoleons ripped off!! One was making HC, which her fridge said it was $12 for a 'Regular Meal', however, she was charged $700. (She did have a few simoleons) and another was relieved of $7000 simoleons for nothing at all, then later on that same day, he was relieved of another $2000 for nothing at all!! I sent an email to the devs, in hopes something will eventually be done about both situations.

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, this is a game, and supposedly a fantasy world, so why is everyone, including the devs, trying to bring Real Life scenarios into it?

I, for one, don't think it's very funny to have your avatars work their little arses off at the Robot Factory, (or any other game job) just to have the little bit of "chicken feed" they make working get deleted!!

The whole concept of this game has completely gone down the drain!! Not only are we having to deal with "greedy" people playing, with all the exploiting and cheating, now we have to worry about the devs taking back the little bit of game currency we have worked so hard to earn.

Not a happy camper here!!

P.S. How do all of you like the way they "dangle" money currency in your face, by having contests that give it away to less than a handfull of avatars??

G

LMAO... Ok man thats a funny story!

sorry bout ur loss tho..

But ty for warning all off us!

-Toby

P

PepsiCEO05

LMAO
That is hilarious! I was laughing out loud just reading this. Thank god I am being a good citizen stimulating the economy.. hire real people!

Tip: Treat the free players like illegal immigrants and pay them 1/2 what you'd pay a subscriber!