• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warhammer - Vaporware?

L

Lairkingo

Do you guys think WAR will ever become a reality? The game seems *perfect* but it's been postponed so many times.

E

Eldorian

I know several people in the beta - and some are calling it a competition to WoW.

We'll see.

A

Azureal

I know several people in the beta - and some are calling it a competition to WoW.

We'll see.
I think they "might" have a chance if the game translates better in an MMO fashion than it does on a tabletop, rules wise. So long as its pretty looking and dumbed down to just the right level, theyll have a good shot at a winner.

From what Ive seen visually (screenshots and vidcaps) its certainly a WoW in sheeps clothing.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt it will get up to WoW, it just won't have the broad market appeal to the average person.

But it will probably be the best MMO success since WoW though.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt it will get up to WoW, it just won't have the broad market appeal to the average person.

But it will probably be the best MMO success since WoW though.
That sounds like a fair and reasonable assessment.

D

DarkChronus

Gamestop did a write up on Warhammer just this week so I doubt you could consider it "vaporware" :p

It certainly has a lot going for it as its based on a pretty strong IP. Although LotR Online also is a very strong IP with a solid developer behind it (Turbine) and it hasn't come close to cracking the monster that is WoW. It's successful but will probably never come close.

A

al-Maroc

i saw it at this year's NYC Comic Con, and it was easily a busy, busy booth with lots of players playing it. It seems fairly complete, although note that I didn't actually try the game myself, I just watched others play for a few minutes.