• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warhammer Online? Anyone playing?

M

monnie101

I got the collectors Editions so I got the early head start 1 day earlier head start then preorderers. It comes with a ton of stuff. The game is a lot of fun so far. Lots of funny things. It has cultivating which reminded me a little of UO how they have the plant growing system. Not as good though and no housing yet.

Have people posted about WAR much on Stratics? It's a Mythic game so I was curious if they had. Mark Jacobs has been very kool and posts and helped us out before on the IGN VN forums. This game is just a lot of fun. They have public quests where it's a little like a raid or in UO they call them "champ spawns" but these public quests, anyone who drops in is basically on the same side so you all play together which is nice and a good way to meet people. At the end of each chapter in the event (kind of like how champs have the different tiers) a gold chest drops and everyone can loot a bag and pick an interesting reward. Just good fun.

Then they have Realm VS Realm which you fight the evil players or visa-versa in an instance and take over areas. I also read about guilds taking over parts of cities or something also.

Any UOers interested in WAR might be interested to know they have a couple RvR PvP servers. So instead of having designated areas for that in reg servers, you can be attacked anywhere and are always flagged for pvp.

The game is very smooth for a MMOG launch. It only has minor regular bugs. A bunch of sServers on first head-start day were already full. But Mythic made sure they had enough servers for all their copies which is at least over 1.5mil!

Here is a funny video on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt4OPkDzJ8

Also check out this thread, I guess EA is doing well so far with it.
EA broke its own record in Pre-Order sales with WAR They shipped more boxes to retailers at release then Cannon & WoW put together. But this is probably thanks to WoW for bringing the market. Remember WoW didn't start off with a million subs.
http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/108624577/p1/?50