• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Warg Pack

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legend of The Warg Pack ( I am RPing)
The elder paced back and forth along the ridge which traced a line from Dar Gazag to Gramsfoot. Below him were scattered many bodies, and parts of bodies, a gory remnant of the great battle of the night. Following the edge down, he came to the wide dirt path which led from the slug pits, to the campfires and on to the gates of Grams. He did not walk all the way to the gate, but paused at the campfire closest to the carnage of the battle field. He breathed in deeply, relishing the scent of the blood of the many hobbits, men, dwarves and elf-kin kind who had fallen this night to the mighty forces of the Great Eye.

As he stood there in silence, he became aware of the many soft padded foot falls approaching him. The pups seemed hesitant to approach the line which denoted the end range of the archers set about the camp to guard against any invasion. But more than that, they had a fear of approaching the field of battle. They could not understand why the Elder warg had summoned them here this eve. Turning his head a bit, the white warg growled out softly;

“Come closer to me whelps. Sit with me at the edge of glory and hear the tale and lesson I have prepared for you. “

The young ones inched closer and quickly scooted to a sitting position making sure to keep the elder between them and the field. Pouncy chuckled a bit and then looked back to the field.

“Look down there, all of you, and tell me what you see.”

Easing forward, the young wargs looked down to the area at the foot of the hill on which they sat. Below were the bodies of many slain foes, and one other thing which shook the pups to their core. Close by the hill, feet stretched out in desperation towards Grams lay the body of one of the younger wargs. Close at hand lay also the mauled body of a warden, his eyes stared blankly in death, his spear deeply imbedded in the body of the pup.

Hmmp, growled the elder, he was almost home. But more to the point, he should not have left the safety of the den. He was not ready, he was alone. Look upon him and heed the lesson his death brings to you all. You are not safe alone. Most of you will never be scouts or front line assault. You are clumsy and ill trained. But you can still be of service to the Eye. There is safety in the pack, always remember this. Now, harken to me and I will tell you all about the Warg pack.

First rule of Warg Pack is that nobody ever talks about Warg Pack. Well, I do, but it is only to instruct you in the hopes that you will not meet the same fate as your friend down there. Look to the other fire, do you see the two wargs playing dice? The lean mean one is called Puptrippz, and the overly fluffy one is named Hithdraug or Fluffy Hithy. Hmm, what does Hithdraug mean? I believe it is old entish for the cattle are dying. But that does not enter into our tale. This is the story of the great warg pack of ought-twelve months ago.

It was one of the coldest winters in history. The rivers were all frozen over, and the food seemed to be hovering close to their base camp. This was not good for us here at Gramsfoot. The larders were almost empty, and with little to eat coming our way we were all starting to eye the spiders hungrily. Even the orcs could find little to sustain their ranks and had taken to chopping up little chunks of snow and ice, mixing in some leftover eyes of hobbits and calling it eye scream.

It was useless to send out a hunting party. The lumbering orcs could be seen, heard and smelled from ten miles out, and the spiders little feet kept getting stuck in drifts of snow and sludge. It was then that Hithy and Pup called a meeting of all the den masters. They had come up with the idea of sending out a riding party which consisted of all wargs. The best and quickest should be sent, with their only aim being, find food, kill it fast, and carry it back before they could be spotted .

Many names were suggested for this elite group. Some of the ones that were dropped were Alpha Male Hunger Force, Warg Team 6 and Growlies Angles. Instead we settled on the more appropriate and dignified Wargnado. The plans were laid out carefully, and with a full complement of twenty four of the best wargs available, we left Grams and headed across the plains and towards GV.

It was after midnight when we came to the stairs; all the freeps were dreaming sweet dreams without care, when we came to the first little tent in the square.

The attack came fast and furious. Those tarks asleep in the shelters closest to edge of the bushes stood no chance. They were pounced, quickly dispatched and pulled up into the whirlwind of movement teeth and fur. We moved with speed and precision from camp, gobbling up all that stood in your path. In the distance a horn blast could be heard echoing deep within the main camp of the Freepeople. But the alert and the rallying of their forces came too late for our prey. As quickly and the Wargnado hit, it moved on and was past Lumber Camp before the first forces got out to the scene of the battle.

When we returned there was much rejoicing and the feasting went on for hours. We dined on elf ears, and on hobbit feast we had dwarf beard pudding and rare man roast feet. Ah roast feet is a treat I can’t stand in the least.

From that night on, warg packs became a standard part of the hunting parties. And one day each of you will have the chance to prove yourself to the pack and take you place alongside Hithy and Pup. Perhaps even as a member of the Suicidal Warg Squad, our crack kamikaze team. Back in GV it is said that folks still talk about the night when an invisible howling wind swept through the out camps and left none alive in its wake.

Be good, be strong, and be stealthy. Learn all your lessons well, and listen to those who know more then you will ever know. And remember the first rule about warg pack.

Smiling to himself, the elder stood, and slowly ambled towards the gates of Gramstfoot. The pups stood, took one last look towards Hithdraugh and Puptrippz and then followed behind their teacher

Nobody ever talks about Warg Pack..

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Simply beautiful..eth!

Last edited:

Flutter