• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warcraft Movie *No Spoilers*

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm personally of the mind that you can enjoy more than one MMO and play them at different times. Having said that... Are any of you absolutely not going to see the Warcraft movie? And why?

To me, it seems like they are going with the orc origin story/Warcraft 1 timeline with the Warcraft movie and Medivh/King Lane.

If you had to choose where to begin a movie series for Ultima Online would you skip the whole first Star Trek/Star Wars part with phasers and spaceships? Where would you think it would be best to start off a series of movies for the Ultima Universe? Do you think it's worthy of movies?

I do not. I think Ultima is more gameplay oriented rather than putting it down to a lore thing. I've never been a fan of Ultima's Lore. It's never felt immersive to me. I'm more of a fan of UO for the skill system and uniqueness of seeing your items in the world.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Personally I don't think any video game should be made into a movie... Just goes to show how utterly brain dead Hollywood is.... remakes.. remakes... comic book.. remake... remake... video game... remake... sequel... yadda yadda yadda.. *shrugs*

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think there's enough dwarves for my liking, but I'll be seeing it when it first comes out. My kids grew up on UO and WoW, so it'll probably be a big family event.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't go to the movies to watch cartoons.....