• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WAR Vs. WOW

L

Limic

I never played WOW, so how would I describe the differences between WOW and WAR to WOW players? Maybe share the top and bottom 2 or 3 things about each.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Limic,

The biggest differences in my opinion is...

• WoW being predominately PvE focused, where WAR is focused more heavily on PvP and especially RvR.
  • Clearly the difference in the stylized art is specific to each.
  • Crafting in WAR seem more evolved, but that may equal out with WotLK (we'll see).
I love both games, but I've been playing WAR now since launch. I'll reactivate my WoW account again when WotLK launches. I'd like to play both. :)

B

Birdseye

I'm thinking of moving over from UO over onto WAR, what's in it for me?

D

Devdude

I've been playing WOW for over a year now and just started WAR so can't tell yet..But I kinda like them both....I am not sure if one is better than the other..I think they both have their own unique things about them...

L

Limic

While I am still greatly unqualified to answer my own question, I had my first big PvP run today. It was great...good fight, very different than UO PvP..best thing ios you can level through PvP....Yea! I'm really digging it the more I play...also helps once you find a group to help show you around.