• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

War tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

names

I would like to ask someone who works for the EA dev's a simple question about the reasoning of disabling the war tables in TC3.........

this item has nothing to do with the economy fixing as can only be played for pleasure and if your luck is in maybe a .02 of a skill point.

at one point the war tables could be played in any category in this game which made sense ,,, now it seems it can only be used in a skill lot.

my questions is therefore also ::why is it trees are being classed different as they serve no other functions but to green and gain a skill point and are functional in all categorys (bar residence) Surely they provide similar gain.

I wonder why it is the planners of ealand / tso ... who claim to play tso seem not to be able to consider how items are used. Would it not make more sense to allow both items in all homes.

if their answer is that war tables are a skilling item.. Will it be their intent to disable other skilling items from all non skill-homes

maybe they went to schools with out any chalk boards

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

who claim to play tso

[/ QUOTE ]

a comment like that makes me wonder if you play tso.

visit the community pub sometime

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

who claim to play tso

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

visit it now, Lee and Larry are both there.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

who claim to play tso

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, best thing is to take advantage of the pub and voice things directly.

N

names

Actually I play a lot more than most ..... but i dont drink so going to pubs is not where I like to play ..

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

Actually I play a lot more than most ..... but i dont drink so going to pubs is not where I like to play ..

[/ QUOTE ]

The term "pub" is really just there to say a gathering place.

Drinking if it does happen, is rare... do they even have a bar or do they just have a punch bowl? i don't remember. Everyone sits up stairs in like a lecture room, and some evil rebel players float up front

So the "Pub" does not denote drinking... though some of the devs do drink. Pants optional.

G

I dont mean this to be mean at all...

I am a cashier, you don't see me playing with cash registers during my free time... yet right now I see Lee and Larry in the pub way after their shift was over. props to them

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer. Actually no, its not.
They are playing. Even way after business hours like right now.

I don't mind that you have an issue with game, I do however think its silly for you to toss around false accusations b/c you don't drink.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you do play.
I know you play with nicknames that involve some serious innuendo.

What I don't know is why you wouldn't visit the pub to be informed. I guess some people like to hear themselves talk so badly that they willingly stay in the dark.. is that the same in your case?

Point being? I don't see the point in making a thread every time you have a question for only devs or EA staff. You can PM them and that way, you won't get responses you don't like from people you don't want to hear from.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

how is this even relevant to your original post? Maybe if you played the game and weren't MIA, you would know what the pub was...

N

names

you are the one who seems to find need to reply to the post of others.. and how would you know whether I have asked or not.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

you are the one who seems to find need to reply to the post of others..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but you posted this in a public forum, a very risky move if you didn't want other posters to respond.

We were just trying to make a suggestion that would help you if you are actually interested in the matter.

I

imported_corpatortis

Yes I do reply because I am a member and a poster. We're getting a bit off topic here aren't we? I'm sorry Milty don't staple this shut.

How do I know you asked?

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to ask someone who works for the EA dev's a simple question about the reasoning of disabling the war tables in TC3.........

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrugs*

I don't mind the loss of war tables, really. I used them on the day they came out and never again.

N

names

EXCUSE ME thats the second time my postings have been linked to someone else's ie: mianames

I suggest you get your facts straight and stay on topic OR CLIMB BACK INTO YOUR PIT

G

I don't really use the war tables much. Wasn't really that interesting. And like I've been told before, I'm not a mod so I won't even try to to tell anyone here what to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

EXCUSE ME thats the second time my postings have been linked to someone else's ie: mianames

I suggest you get your facts straight and stay on topic OR CLIMB BACK INTO YOUR PIT

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh?
I was told that siggy of hers was not a direct statement to pit or any of that.

You saying that proves the point though doesn't it.

tsk tsk names. not very nice.

Trolling in siggies is not a good thing.

I believe the discussion as about war tables?

They are disabled

OH no.

G

I totally agree, they should be usable on all lots. I'm also wondering if this is an indication that they will take our ability to skill away from all but skill lots. I certainly hope it's not.

As for the war tables, I tried to test it on a skill lot tonight and crashed before the window even changed to the war table game, I don't know if I'm the only one having a problem with them, but I've crashed so often trying to in the past few days it's not funny. Is it possible them messing with them to disable them has caused the bug?

I just want to add, I am very disappointed with the lack of update we got so far this week. There is so much wrong since the merge, I hate the thought of it all being ignored until after the new year

R

Rach

We were staying on topic and responding to your initial post. We offered suggestions of getting in contact with an ea rep/employee. The pub is probably currently the best way to do this.

i'm sorry that by responding to your post you have chosen to respond with personal attacks as that is not the best way to keep the thread on topic.

Just a suggestion
Have a great night... see ya at the pub sometime, you can be a designated driver!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're jumping to conclusions. MIA (missing in action). You said, and I quote,

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry. I took that as you not being familiar with the current state of the game. In no way did I associate you with THAT poster. This topic is about war tables. Don't amtrak your own thread.

G

<blockquote><hr>

at one point the war tables could be played in any category in this game which made sense ,,, now it seems it can only be used in a skill lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how it could make sense if was available in every category. Could you elaborate?

N

names

I would suggest you quote yourself before you attempt to quote others

"how is this even relevant to your original post? Maybe if you played the game and weren't MIA, you would know what the pub was..."

G

<blockquote><hr>

my questions is therefore also ::why is it trees are being classed different as they serve no other functions but to green and gain a skill point and are functional in all categorys (bar residence) Surely they provide similar gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because the tree is a gift, not an object that can be bought through a catalog.

R

Rach

I just think it's normal that as things like this game evolve, some things are just bound to be left behind. People want changes yet they want the the old game too. I mean, i guess in an ideal world you can get your cake and eat it too, but I wouldn't do it too often. You may end up getting super fat and getting rejected by E-Harmony.

I think war tables were fun in their day, but prior to the official news of the merge and whatnot, they had really become unpopular. I just figure there are bigger fish to fry during this transition.

G

I like cake, but not as much as the wall table hats.

Sorry cake.

G

We can be cake eating war hat wearing face mates.

Did I mention how much I love war hats?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The ridiculousity of this statement goes beyond disperberation.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The ridiculousity of this statement goes beyond disperberation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

OMG I could only sit and stare at the computer screen for a very long time.

G

This thread has degenerated into disgusting display of childishness. Anything else you *all* have to say to each other can be taken to Private Message...or somewhere else.

It will now be locked and anyone referring to it, quoting it or reviving it, in any other thread on these message boards, will be pulled and warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.