• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

War Table Issue/Petition/Vote?

G

I am just sick of War Tables bein' only allowed on Skill Lots! War Table is very unique object! Not just skill object, it provides fun!

So, to developers and community members (suggestion for devs, petition for CM)

1. Either remove Logic Gain from War Tables and allow it on EVERY lot!
OR
2. Either make it into a pernament object, a.k.a be able to buy from the catalog, it was available in BV since it was abandoned (BV, not WT)

What do you think guys?
Write your names and choose what do you preffer, I'll go with 1!

G

LOL I do not want them to stop giving logic. I have them for that reason. For that reason, I do not mind going to a skill house to use them.

N

NightFlyer

Black pianos and outdoor chess sets also give fun.

Money objects are only allowed on money lots.

Just some observations.

I disagree with making war tables a catelog object. Sorta like making Mystic Trees a catelog object... it never was meant to be.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Isn't the point of them to skill logic, lol? I don't agree with putting it on the catalog either, it was never meant to be there.

S

Sunflowers

I don't agree it should be on the category either. But I do wish I could use it for fun at my love house! But no they took that away and so I bought one for no reason. Also I can't even buy a wedding cake! I have to go to a store and buy one. Mind you I have a Chapel.

N

NateBF

I like suggestion 1, however, how about letting everyone use the war table but only give logic points if you are in a skill house.

I have a war table and can't use it because I have a love house. So I guess I have a huge red and blue paperweight.

I don't think putting it in the catalog is a good idea. It's an item that is hard to come by and putting it in the catalog will take that away from all of us that have one.

G

The point of them isn't just to skill logic, it's to play war with another player, and they can be quite fun. I don't think they should be limited to skill lots, for me it makes mine useless, and I miss goofing around with them. The war table is the only interactive game we have within the game, and it's a shame to me that they've been disabled for many of us. I do not want to live on a skill lot, so the war table I was given as a gift, from a dear friend, just sits there.

G

I would love to have one on my residence lot, I vote to make them playable everywhere even if only for skill on skill lots.

I

imported_gensi

I don't even care if they give skills. I just like pounding other sims into the ground with my clever brain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Black pianos and outdoor chess sets also give fun.

Money objects are only allowed on money lots.

Just some observations.

I disagree with making war tables a catelog object. Sorta like making Mystic Trees a catelog object... it never was meant to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too disagree it should not be a catalog object however, I do not want to see the .02 you get in skill removed. but I do feel they should be allowed in all catagories. The tables initially were meant to give the fun of interacting with another player and with a bonus of .02 in logic to whomever won the game. (like a reward or incentive for playing) Since skilling has never been restricted to a skill house there is no reason why a war table should not be treated in the same manner. (you can get logic off a computer, besides fun, but they have not been restricted to just skill houses ((thank goodness))) I have them in my skill house, but I would enjoy the availablity to use in all homes, just like other skilling objects. But at the end of the day before anything I would just like to see them working properly and not poof you to the desktop.

G

I think the war table should be able to be uesd on any lot no matter what kind of lot it is. Just like it was in Simland. But then I also think the chess tables should work in all the houses also.

I

imported_queenme

sorry but neither of your choices work for me

simply put, the war tables, although introduced into the game as a "gaming device for fun &amp; skill", okay ya, they do provide skill

so, therefore, every lot where skilling is allowed: store lots, services lots, skill lots &amp; money lots? not sure on the last but sure on the first 3...if skilling on other objects is allowed on the lot it makes absolutely NO LOGICAL SENSE to make war tables inoperable on those lots

as far as making them into a catalog item, ya right and add, gnomes, cannons, simmies, mystic trees, campfires, pet statues and every other item that is a rare item in the game, if i want a st bernard i should just b able to purchase it straight from the catalog, marked clearly as a st bernard...mmmm ya thats why all those things were made for specific reasons and in limited quantities...so now we can just "put em in the catalog" ya i dont think so....that is a ridiculously horrible idea....so if they hold tru to form guess we will see them in catalog next week

u think it might b possible for a reasonable and consistent solution to this problem devs? make the dang tables work on every lot that we are allowed to skill on, as they should

end of story

I

imported_Fire Dragon

I would prefer that they fixed the war game bug before anything else.

G

I think the war tables should be usable in all lots.
Same as bookcases and other items that give skill.

I doubt a few war tables will take away customers from the chess playing houses.

G

I would love to use them anywhere. The problem is, all skill items will only be allowed in skill houses. idk how soon that change will take affect. I myself find it a waste of time to temporarily allow them. When they will be turning right around to disable them again.

Being able to play the War Game would be awesome with no skill bonus on other lots. If that would be possible, that would be great. As long as we do not lose the skill bonus on skill lots.

btw, all chess playing houses should have War Games.

L

ligerthesim

I vote for war games allowed on all categories of lots. They are an in-game game that ppl enjoy and not just for the skill gain. On lots other than skill lots ppl would still play it whether they got skill points or not.

I

imported_VeronicaV

I agree that making them only playable on skill lots absolutely blows! Blows I say!!!!! This is the first that I have heard about them adding them to the catologue. They are something of a rare item and I think it would be a true slap in the face to those of us who made sure to purchase them in each city since they were only available for a limited time. If they do that, they might as well sell the rare pets in catologue too.

S

Sativa L

I vote for max skill gain only on skill lots and a reduced rate on other lots (as per skilling). I also believe that Teaching belongs on a Service lot and should have higher skill gain there.

J

JRock

I vote to keep it on skill lots. I also think that someone should be creative and make role playing lot where secret agents go to strategize war games.

G

I vote it should be available on any lot. Getting .02 logic skill when you win is not very much.

C

Catwoman1966

I vote that the war table should be able to be used on ANY lot!

Cat.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I vote it should be available for use on any lot. All the free players exiled to welcome and service lots need more to do. Playing the war game would at least give them something new to explore.

J

JRock

Maybe that's why it hasn't been used. They should up the skill points won to maybe .5 for each winner.

G

You know what's the worst thing, Shelves and Computer still give skills, even if they aren't on property, the same does Cages, on ROmance lot, you still gain skill. I even gained skilled while repairing (look hilarious, I was learnin' the Theory of Repairing a Chalkboard lol).

Maybe we could have a special interaction on all lots, maybe we could have "Disable Payout/Skilling Feature" where once disabled, we still can use it, but we don't gain anything from it, most for role-play lots.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I say they should be made available to all lots, because the skill increase is not that much. Plus it's something that you can't AFK Skill with either.

Also, I vote that they be added to the catalog. They were in the standard catalog (surprisingly) in Betaville. If not, then let's make the war tables open for another contest or something so that those who hadn't had a chance to win one before, can do so now.

It's a fun object that I think should be made available to everyone. And while were at it, let's add the Table Soccer game from the original Sims website. That table is about the same size.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

This thread makes me want to seek out a war table. I have no idea what it is. :\

Edit: Oh, and I vote it be useable anywhere.

G

I vote for all lots. Someone said it had a bug. What bug? I haven't been able to use it since I got back.

If you can play chess, why not this?