• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[WAR Herald] Update on the Grace Period

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks,

Good, bad or ugly, Mythic has always had the integrity to stand upfor what we think is the right thing to do in any situation. I don’texpect everyone to agree but I’ve never intentionally made a decisionto hurt the community and/or our players and I don’t intend to startnow. For the last couple of days we’ve been dealing with a verydifficult and complicated situation. Sadly, there are lots of movingparts and sometimes it takes both a bit of elbow grease to get thingsworking properly.

Here’s where we stand right now. As of this morning,we deactivated a large number of accounts and ended the Head Start forour game. At the same time, we’ve been in touch with the retailers,both online and brick-and-mortar, and while we are getting great dataon the number of people who will get their game today; there is still arelatively small number of people who won’t be able to get them due toshipping issues (no matter what the issues are, whose fault, etc.).

So,after a lot of conversations I’m happy to announce that over the nextfew hours we are going to extend the grace period for all customers ofAmazon, GoGamer and the EA Store till the 22nd of September. Based onthe data we have gathered, these companies account for just about allthe customers that were concerned about their chance to get into thegame today. Thus, if you currently have an account with us, you’ll beable to get back into the game while you wait for your game to bedelivered. Of course, all characters are still intact and no billing ofany credit card has taken place (it couldn’t, the account still hasfree time on it) since the accounts were simply deactivated not wiped.

We have been assured by all the brick-and-mortar retailers that theygot their shipments in the stores already so if you needed to go to astore to pick up your game, the units are in stock everywhere. We willbe monitoring the situation closely over the next twenty-four hours ofcourse.

As I’ve said countless times, we will do the best we can in anysituation to make it right and I hope you agree with have done soagain. I thank the community for its support, especially for thisrather thorny problem.

Mark

More...