• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wapakoneta!!!

• Thread starter Sally Bumblefoot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sally Bumblefoot

My husband and I were at an homeschool convention in Cincinnatti. I was diligently designing an "island" for the game on my laptop as we were driving home. I looked up and low and behold......."WAPAKONETA 7 MILES"!! We seriously almost pulled off to look for the museum but it was going to be so late when we got home as it was and I was totally exhausted from the convention (still am). We saw a big golf ball looking thing just off the expressway as we drove by the exit. I remember Elga saying he saw it looking out a window of a motel but this was rather small. Was that it? I was thinking it was further off the expressway. Looks like a wonderful place to grow up, Trish! I grew up in the boonies too and was outside all the time, lots of room to run. Unfortunately, after seeing the area, the name "Wapakoneta" will permanently remind me of "cow tipping" from the Cars movie!! Barns as far as the eye can see!!! Really cool though.

Hope to have some time to play TT soon, I miss you guys. RL and the game stuff keeps getting in the way!! Josh is a task master......its all his fault. I havent seen my youngest 2 kids in 4 days cuz of the convention and they come home this afternoon. I'm sure they will need "mommy" time tonight and I can't wait to see them too, so I hope to see you next Sunday!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wapak! Yeah, that was it. It's a planetarium, not a golf ball lol. You make me wanna go again. I mean, nothing ever changes there but I still like going. Wapak was about 45 min from where I grew up, but if you follow that US highway you go almost all the way to my house. lol

As for playing.. Yeah I've been bad, even for Sundays. I won't be there tonight either.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if I recall they have a Taco Bell nearby that has a jukebox and has the Chipmunks version of Achy Breaky Heart! hehe

Oh and the hotel was the Comfort Inn & Suites on Saturn Drive. It was a Best Western I think when we were there, but has since changed. It has a perfect view of the planetarium or golf ball! :p

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Less talk, more work. Bad Susan.

Josh
Yeah, yeah, you just keep talking!! Like I EVER listen to you!! (Ok, I will start again as soon as I am done here, I promise).

I knew it was a planetarium......Neil Armstrong, right? I think it was Elga that called it a golf ball and he is right.........that is exactly what it looks like!! I wish we could have stopped but I'm sure they were closed anyway. I love planetariums and museums. I think next year we might take the kids and we can plan on stopping but I have to say, it is nice just the 2 of us!! I understand that there is a lot in cincinnati......museums, aquariums, and such.

Elga, only you would remember that there is a Taco Bell there, much less one that has chipmunks songs!! Too funny! That is going to make me stop next year for sure.....at least to check out the chipmunks!:thumbsup: