• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WANTED FOR MURDER: Sprite the Brigand *Final Chapter*

A

Aia

What?! No bounty?? As you can see, the law in this land is useless. If you truely want this murder caught, you're going to have to hire the best. ...although the best might be considered overkill they definately will get the job done.

W

Wolfthistle

Lord Wolfthistle looks at the wanted poster and sighs. Sprite had seemed like a good lass when he'd met her, and she had convinced him that she was reformed.

Now, Wolfthistle felt highly responsible for the murders as he'd helped her with her armour and somewhat with her weapons. He decided that he needed to talk to her.

"Lady Blaze," Wolfthistle called.

"Yes m'Lord?" The legendary mage responded to her master.

"I need you to find this Sprite, and bring her to me - alive mind you. There has to be more to this than meets the eye, and I want to know what. Take Lord Drakken with you, he's been wanting a chance to take out his new Greater Dragon anyway. If anyone tries to stop you... kill them - I want her safely here."

"It will be done m'Lord." Lady Blaze turned and walked out.

As Lord Wolfthistle watched the members of his household leave, he hoped that they could find Sprite before the authorities. He also hoped they didn't have to kill any lawmen to bring her back to him. He knew that his position and title would probably protect him from prosecution, but he is still sticking his neck out quite far for this so-called "reformed" brigand.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Takes a quick look at the scary female in the poster and makes a note to hire some guards for his mall*

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deep in thought Sam strode into the Lycaeum intent on further study of this Captain Blackheart and his establishment.

Startled by a form stepping out of the shadows he gripped his spellbook a bit tighter.

" I have information honorable one. " The figure bowed.

" What information do you have concerning this? Where you present?"

" Yes sir. I was present. Blackheart was most suspicious in his actions that eve.
He watched us enter most intently. Eyes upon Sprite the entire time. Perhaps he was just trying to get his rum enhanced vision to focus. She seemed a bit nervous when we passed him to take our seats. I saw him signal to the tavern keeper as we sat. "

" You are saying he instigated this incident? "

" Once our drinks had arrived the Bards began moving much closer sir. Looking back it seemed as if in preparedness. I too felt the effects of the spiked liquor. But not having drank much I thought it all effected one thusly. My head stilled throbbed the next day and I had drank but little. My vision is still not quite clear."
The lass rubbed her forehead and continued.

" Sprite drank a bit then turned to Blackheart and tossed her drink at him. He grinned sir! He had to have known it was tainted! Then the Bards moved in. They were armed and without instruments! Sprite moved quickly and dispatched the one threatening her, while Blackheart began laughing. " She shuddered.

" I moved towards him as the other Bards jumped Sprite. I knew she could handle herself and would have assisted her if need be. But I was more concerned what Captain Blackheart would do. He seemed to have sobered considerable from whence we had first entered. "

Sam moved back a bit from the warrior.
" You threatened Blackheart?"

" Nay. Once Sprite had dispatched the Bards, the Tavern Keepers moved in closer to him. I wished not to harm them as they were unarmed. But Blackheart boasted once he had the protection of innocent bodies surrounding him. He said. ' Now you are an outlaw once again Sprite. You were very valuable to me once lassie. We made a fine team. ' She didn't answer him sir. She got very pale and moved towards the door. We took our leave then. But he said as we left, ' I'll set a bounty on your head lass! You've nowhere to run now, 'cept back to me!' "

Sam's eyes widened.
" You must report this to the Sheriff lass! "

The cloaked figure dropped her head.
" I will if I must most honorable sir. But I fear Blackheart would retaliate by sending his minions upon me. " She shook her head.
" If that would happen, none would live. "

Sam pondered her accounting.
" Perhaps we can send someone to speak to Blackheart regarding this. Someone armed with this knowledge who can convince him to drop these charges? Let me think on this awhile. How can I reach you? "

She smiled shyly.
" I will reach you most honorable sir. "

With a bow she slipped out the doorway and melted into the woods.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sam rushed to the Sheriff's office only to find the clerk Oyo in his place.
Explaining the circumstances leading up to the murders he appealed for the charges to be dropped.
" She was framed by that fiend Blackheart! She is a changed person sir. You must see that? "

Oyo eyed the scribe noting his inkstained hands and dusty robes. Not long ago he held that same position. But now with the war on he had been elevated to Clerk. Overseer of the jail til the Sheriff returned.
" All I see is a lowly scribe standing in front of me taking up my time going on about some brigand lass. You can do better lad. Now begone with you! " He returned to his ledgers.

" But it isn't like that! She is innocent! Framed! Listen to me. Blackheart wants her to return to his crew. She doesn't want to, so he is blackmailing her! "

" Uh huh...heard it before lad. Not her fault she is bad. Someone else made her do it...right...Don't stand here taking my time with this! There is a war on! Go make yourself useful. Go now before I call the guards on ya!.."

Sam looked over helplessly at the guards standing near the jail. One young, one old. No help there he could see. Too busy turning thoughts in his mind to notice someone coming down the stairs as he left.

Boot steps on the stairs interrupted Oyo's reading.

" State your business here. " He barked not looking up.

" The young scribe that was just here. What proof does he need to clear his friend? " A soft female voice asked.

Sighing, he thought, oh great. Another waste of his time.

" It's none of your concern missy! " He shuffled his papers together.

A breeze caught his attention just before his papers became tatters. A blade glistened as it lay across his desk.

" First off...' clerk'...Always look when someone enters. You may live longer.
Second. He is a friend of a friend. That makes it my business. Now speak up quickly before you find yourself in one of your own cells. " She growled.

Slowly he looked up the blade of the sword to see a Paladin before him in full war gear. Gulping he glanced at his guards only to find them whispering together.

" One more time ' clerk '. What would it take to clear his friend if she is indeed innocent of the charges against her? "

" Well..., " he stammered.
" It would have to be proven that she was acting in self defense. That she didn't cut those bards down in cold blood. "

Sheathing her sword she nodded at the guards now standing at attention once again.
" John how goes it? Still training the lads I see? "
" Aye yes Lady Sterling! This one shows real promise. A fine Paladin he will be one day. Mark my words. Did ya notice how he didn't even flinch when ya whacked your blade on the desk?"
The lad in question stood even straighter.

" Spotted that right off." She smiled at the lad.
" I must get these troop rotation reports from Kane the Armsman back to Dark Glow. Take care of them John. We need the lads trained by the best. That's why you are here. As for you clerk. I will bring you your proof! "

With a sharp salute she strode out of the Jail.

The lad let out the deep breath he had been holding.
" That was really her? I never dreamed I would meet her or Lord Thorn! Never in my life! Kane talks of them and tells us if we become half the Paladin they are we will be perilous warriors!"

Oyo's eyes widened and he quickly looked to the doorway to make certain she was indeed gone.

John ruffled the lads hair.
" Remember. They both were young once too. Dragging their swords on the cobbled streets of Trinsic trying to keep up with their elders. Just like you lad.
Just like you. "

With no time to spare Sterling made her way to Buc's Den. A hush fell over Pirate's Plunder as she sauntered in the door.

" Blackheart you old rogue! We need to have a talk and I don't have time to mince words with ya! So......" Unsheathing her blade she faced the Pirate.

" Tell me of Sprite. And lets see if your blackened tongue can come up with the truth. Up to you Blackheart! "

She raised one eyebrow as the patrons began rushing out the door, and slipping behind the bar.

" Do we do this easy? Or do we do this hard? "

W

Wolfthistle

Hi,

Good story Raven... Sorry I ran out of time to do anything with my part of it, but I had end of the semester projects and exams that were keeping me from UO.

I wrote my last final today so hopefully I can help more with the next one.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.