• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TV Want to watch Game of Thrones together? *No Book Spoilers*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Taking the place of The Walking Dead on Sundays is Game of Thrones! Starts this Sunday!
I'm Central so we can watch the Central/Eastern show together if you want.

If people start posting book spoilers I wont participate.

Anyone in?

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll pass. I didn't read the books so I don't know what is coming. I almost quit when Ned Stark was beheaded. I quit this time with the Red Wedding.

While I am sure the author writes great fiction, the way he allows people to like a character...then kills it off in a very violent way doesn't make me want to continue following the story.

I read Michael Moorlock's books...dark fantasy does not make me enjoy reading. Game of Thrones gives me the same feeling.

Enjoy!

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That is the biggest reason I love the show/books.
No one is safe. There are no real "main" characters that cannot meet their demise in the next chapter.
It is daring and strong and very intriguing to me when a writer is confident enough in his story to kill of a "main".
It makes me care that much more for those who remain.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would end up spoiling the show for everyone plus I'm the nervous giggler during sex scenes ;)

We should definitely do a movie night though at least once this spring and again in the summer?

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...it looks like I can't see the latest Game of Thrones episode. All of the links to the show at the site which I use...have deleted the show in protest of the **** scene. I read the wiki of the books and it said that scene was consensual, not ****. Typical Hollyweird...needing to ramp things up for that "shock" value.

(old man rant)
Reminds me how Hollyweird has to inject some "naughty" into remakes of classic kids movies. For instance, in the live action version of The Grinch, the characters allude to a gathering which is basically an orgy/swingers party...don't remember that in the cartoon. Ditto with the Flintstones live-action movie...sexing it up everywhere. I met a producer whilst in Mississippi (they were filming "My Dog Skip" movie) and she loudly proclaimed that everyone was giving everyone else...er...a type of sex act constantly to either get attention/deals/part in a movie....very typical "hollyweird" mind-set.
(/old man rant)

TQQdles™

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to Flutter, but I don't know if my rotation would be a problem as there would be some episodes I wouldn't be able to watch until the Monday morning after they aired.

I really like Airmid's suggestion of Movie night too :popcorn: