• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to share CC but don't want to run a shop

I

Inge Jones

I have some stuff I made for Simlogical for Sims 1. I want to share it for free (or at least no more than it cost me to upload). I turned my home into a shop yesterday but I hate it. It's ruining my motive levels being there. What other way can I share my CC without running a shop?

I went to a few shops to ask if they were interested in selling my stuff at their shop but they acted like I was a martian and just said "everyone just sells their own"

So basically what I am gonna do is just say that if anyone wants to use my CC, go and download it from http://www.simlogical.com and upload it yourself into whatever comfort level you want. BTW don't do it with stuff that is part-credited to another creator cos obviously you'd need to ask them for permission.

I

Inge Jones

Next question: I already uploaded and got copies of some of it, and I want to give it away now. So how can I show what I have to someone say on a skill lot I am visiting, as I can't get it out of my inventory to show them? And they're not gonna want to close their lot to come and visit mine

P

Paulina

Inge, look us up later on tonight in EAland. My Sim hubby has a Sim that runs a store and I am sure he would be more then willing to offer your CC at his place. My name in EAland is Palulina and his is Buddha Paul. Don't give up, the CC stuff that is being offered is awesome, and why should we not take advantage of people like you that are creative enough to do this and give them the opportunity to display and sell your creations, even like yourself, they do not want to run a store. I wish I was so creative...lol..so please look us up. I am pretty darn sure he would do that

I

Inge Jones

Ok thanks I will do that!

Oh - what sort of timezone are you on? "later tonight" could be early hours of the morning for me

P

Paulina

We are in the eastern timezone. I am guessing from your name, you are located in Europe somewhere. I will make sure to tell Paul to be there around 7 pm to hook up with you if that is alright, unless you want to wait till the weekend and do it then if the time is out of whack for you..lol

I

Inge Jones

I go to bed about 10pm GMT, so maybe weekend would work better - but I'll look out for you between times anyway. What is the name of the shop?

P

Paulina

LOL..that I do not know. But just do a search on either one of us and you can bookmark me or him or both. If the weekend is better for you, we will look forward to see you then:) Can't wait to see your CC...I am really getting into that

G

<blockquote><hr>

Next question: I already uploaded and got copies of some of it, and I want to give it away now. So how can I show what I have to someone say on a skill lot I am visiting, as I can't get it out of my inventory to show them? And they're not gonna want to close their lot to come and visit mine

[/ QUOTE ]

Open a trade window, (the "Transaction" interaction) with any interested party. Put the Custom Content in the window and the interested party should be able to click on it to see it.

I have not tried it with CC, but it works with all other inventory, so it should work for you, too.

Y

YadaSc

Inge, I have seen your cc for sims 2.. you are one of the most awsome cc creators out there !.. I loved all you creations. I haven't seen them for sims1, but I am sure they are awsome also. Cheers to you gurl ! Can't wait to see what you created !

I

Inge Jones

I don't think I am going to go ahead with making stuff for this game unless the system changes. It isn't fun the way the system works now. But my offer still stands that if you see content on my site you like the look of anyone may upload it as their own custom content to use themselves. However I do *not* give permission for it to be sold for profit.