• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wall Safes

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Made one last night and played around with it. Just seemed I should have one. Went to the bank and put money in a secure account. Anyway I can't get it to work. So I realize I need to go read up on it but my point is if it's not intuitive it's not done right.

Say ya got a minute? No, I really don't I need to finish this. Oh I wanted to ask you about wall safe art. Ummmm just make a gray square and put an X on it. ..... Okay!

I guess I was expecting it to look different :p

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Heres a bit I have learned about the wall safe. I have one in the guild house. Last night we did a spawn and I sent all the gold to the bank. Then went to bank and put that gold into my secure account. I went to the guild house and transferred the gold I put into my secure account (which was half of gold from spawn) into the wall safe at guild house. The other person then went to the wall safe and took out that gold and it went into his bank account. You can put a set amount of gold into the safe and keep moving over what you want if more than one person needs gold.
Remember this too. If you are on a prodo shard all the chars from that account have access to the total combined gold from each of their banks on that one account.
The security on the safes can be set to the same settings as a door or chest. Owner, coowner, guild, if any, friends or anyone.

I hope this helps some. Just play around with it.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Say ya got a minute? No, I really don't I need to finish this. Oh I wanted to ask you about wall safe art. Ummmm just make a gray square and put an X on it. ..... Okay!

I guess I was expecting it to look different :p
Don't you watch movies? Wall safes are always hidden behind a painting, so who cares about how they look!?! :wink:

WallSafePaintings.jpg

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Heres a bit I have learned about the wall safe. I have one in the guild house. Last night we did a spawn and I sent all the gold to the bank. Then went to bank and put that gold into my secure account. I went to the guild house and transferred the gold I put into my secure account (which was half of gold from spawn) into the wall safe at guild house. The other person then went to the wall safe and took out that gold and it went into his bank account. You can put a set amount of gold into the safe and keep moving over what you want if more than one person needs gold.
Remember this too. If you are on a prodo shard all the chars from that account have access to the total combined gold from each of their banks on that one account.
The security on the safes can be set to the same settings as a door or chest. Owner, coowner, guild, if any, friends or anyone.

I hope this helps some. Just play around with it.
That sounds exactly like what I did but it didn't work lol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
step one - transfer gold to secure account at the bank
step two - deposit the gold into the wall safe
step three - make sure the security on the safe isn't set to 'owner only'
Step four - withdraw gold with other character
step five - deposit gold from 2nd character's secure account into currency account.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also must add this note to all you using Safes.
  • If you place money in the safe when the house drops that money is GONE. FYI. Yes it's true when the house falls there will be nothing left of the money. The safe might return to a deed but it will be empty.
  • There is a spiffy menu telling you who deposited or withdrew how much money. This way you know exactly where your money went.
Also good to note about the new wall and floor tiles that are craftable.... they VANISH when the house falls. So no more 100s of stuck items floating about after a house falls.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
step one - transfer gold to secure account at the bank
step two - deposit the gold into the wall safe
step three - make sure the security on the safe isn't set to 'owner only'
Step four - withdraw gold with other character
step five - deposit gold from 2nd character's secure account into currency account.
Step one went ok but couldn't get step 2 to work..

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats the max amount a wall safe can hold?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Step one went ok but couldn't get step 2 to work..
Safe is located on a wall of a house you own or are friended to?
double clicking it brings up the image?

At the top it shows the amount in your secure account? (example says 'Joy Nerry's etc)
Clicking on the arrow beside 'Deposit' brings up a box into which you can type the amount you are depositing?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Safe is located on a wall of a house you own or are friended to?
double clicking it brings up the image?

At the top it shows the amount in your secure account? (example says 'Joy Nerry's etc)
Clicking on the arrow beside 'Deposit' brings up a box into which you can type the amount you are depositing?
Well the idea was to transfer gold to my main account. One off my secondary accounts owns my castle on Legends and has the vendors. So the home owner wanted to put money in the safe from the bank to transfer to my main account. Vendor ---> Bank ---> Wall Safe ----> Main Account. I haven't tried again but I'll figure it out I imagine. Everyone is co-owned to the safe. I got the gold into the safe but could get it out with my main account. I don't want to make a big deal outta this, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I'll try again today and see what happens.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is co-owned to the safe? or everyone is co-owned to the house the safe is in? There's a separate security setting on the safe itself.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also must add this note to all you using Safes.
  • If you place money in the safe when the house drops that money is GONE. FYI. Yes it's true when the house falls there will be nothing left of the money. The safe might return to a deed but it will be empty.
  • There is a spiffy menu telling you who deposited or withdrew how much money. This way you know exactly where your money went.
Also good to note about the new wall and floor tiles that are craftable.... they VANISH when the house falls. So no more 100s of stuck items floating about after a house falls.
I was wondering about that, but didn't wanna go test on my castles... hehe...

Would be nicer if everything fell to the ground and we can score on picking up walls, doors, floor tiles.

Ahh well... *goes back to mining*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was wondering about that, but didn't wanna go test on my castles... hehe...

Would be nicer if everything fell to the ground and we can score on picking up walls, doors, floor tiles.

Ahh well... *goes back to mining*
In a perfect world it would be nice if they dropped to the ground and you could grab them and keep them..... however UO is far from perfect and the next best thing is to have them poof so they aren't blocking up stuff.