• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wall safe busted

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have mils in bank but cannot deposit gold into the wall safe.

when i try to it says "the amount entered is invalid, verify that there are sufficient funds to complete this transaction"

im trying to deposit 1,000 gold and have over 100million in bank.

its broke :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have gold in your Secure Account at the bank? Only gold from that account can be deposited into the safe...

Wall Safe (House Add-on)
  • Can be crafted via the Tinkering skill from the “Miscellaneous” category
  • Once a wall safe is placed in a house, it can store up to 100,000,000 gold.
  • This can be used to conduct offline transactions between players with security access.
  • Currency can only be added/removed from the wall safe using the Secure Account.
  • Secure Account – holds up to 100,000,000 gold and is only used to transfer from the player’s bank to the Wall Safe.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like alot of words

sorry i still say its broke. i have gold in my bank, but cannot deposit it in the wall safe. i can see no easy or intuitive way to accomplish this.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
looks like alot of words

sorry i still say its broke. i have gold in my bank, but cannot deposit it in the wall safe. i can see no easy or intuitive way to accomplish this.
Try making sure that you've gone to the bank and transferred the amount you want to deposit into your escrow account (at the bank). Then you may be able to transfer the funds from your escrow account to you wall safe. Let us know!
'luck
Cheers

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Transfer to your secure account first.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
looks like alot of words

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

First, go to the bank and get the menu..then use this option
upload_2015-10-8_7-24-28.png

Enter the amount you want to put into your wall safe and hit enter!

upload_2015-10-8_7-25-22.png

THEN...go home and open your safe...there you will see a few things:
upload_2015-10-8_7-26-23.png

Okay see where it says Maharia's Secure account? That's the gold I have available to put into the safe.

Click on deposit:
upload_2015-10-8_7-27-33.png
And enter the amount from your SECURE account that you want to deposit into the safe.

Now the gold is in your safe.

Say I want to give gold to my other account...I set my security on my safe and log in with the other account to withdraw gold
upload_2015-10-8_7-29-33.png
notice all your transactions are listed so you know what's going on!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Larisa

i think my game must be broken. i say "bank" but see no way to get that menue. paging a GM now, see if he can fix it.

i also dont know how to see how much gold i have, i know i can say "balance" but have to keep spamming it to keep it on screen.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to open your bank by single clicking the banker to get the menu.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i gave up and decided to explore Eadon while i wait for the GM.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I share the confusion. 8 mill in the bank, and from the bank I can transfer 100 gold into the secure account. I go home, open the safe, and I can see the 100 gold there. There are 2 options, Deposit and Withdraw. Neither seems to work, I get the error message described above.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, think I got it. Maybe it's still shaking the cobwebs loose. From home at the wall safe, I can now hit "Deposit" and type 100. The wall safe responds with "Dizzy +100". And now I can withdraw 100, and the wall safe responds "Dizzy -100". I assume I have to go to the bank to actually complete the transaction.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I share the confusion. 8 mill in the bank, and from the bank I can transfer 100 gold into the secure account. I go home, open the safe, and I can see the 100 gold there. There are 2 options, Deposit and Withdraw. Neither seems to work, I get the error message described above.
Use the deposit button, deposit 100 gold from your secure account into your safe...then you can withdraw it with another account or any friend can with access.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Need to make a balance Menu that you can access through the banker that shows you the balance in all of your accounts. Just silly having to say balance and then open your journal to see how much is where.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok, think I got it. Maybe it's still shaking the cobwebs loose. From home at the wall safe, I can now hit "Deposit" and type 100. The wall safe responds with "Dizzy +100". And now I can withdraw 100, and the wall safe responds "Dizzy -100". I assume I have to go to the bank to actually complete the transaction.
Yes use the withdraw gold from my secure account button on the bank gump to complete..you got it!

Attachments

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*sigh* I'll get used to the new stuff eventually... but for now, I'm the proverbial old dog resenting having to learn new tricks. o.0

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's working for me.

Maybe if someone had a video to post up, that would make it a bit more clear. I have a feeling this question will come up frequently.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
He's purposefully playing the ignorant guys. But in general, I agree with him. Those notes that Petra linked are going to be long gone sooner rather than later. And even if a returning/new player saw them they do read like a math problem, as Larissa said.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Larisa

i think my game must be broken. i say "bank" but see no way to get that menue. paging a GM now, see if he can fix it.

i also dont know how to see how much gold i have, i know i can say "balance" but have to keep spamming it to keep it on screen.
If your on Europa or Drachenfels, then it aint live yet.......only bits of the patch, which is messing a lot of other things up.
I'd sujest not playing the 2 servers today as you may be risking some real headaches as gold vanishes as you log in but does not go into bank.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry I'm so dense. I have some elementary questions regarding the wall safe:

1. Is the wall safe only for custom houses, or can it be used in a small 7x7 old-style house?
2. Once crafted, how do you place it; and do you lock it or secure it like any other object?
3. Once placed, can you remove it; and can it be placed in another house if you move or must you make a new wall safe?
4. How do you transfer money from your safe to a friend or guild member (on the same shard)?

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it works like any other house add on. place it from the deed, re-deed it with an axe after you empty it.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
it works like any other house add on. place it from the deed, re-deed it with an axe after you empty it.
Many thanks. I guess I expected it would be more complicated. :)

Oops... but what about question #4?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's purposefully playing the ignorant guys. But in general, I agree with him. Those notes that Petra linked are going to be long gone sooner rather than later. And even if a returning/new player saw them they do read like a math problem, as Larissa said.
why are the notes going to be gone? They're on the new player wiki, and as far as I know, not going anywhere.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
why are the notes going to be gone? They're on the new player wiki, and as far as I know, not going anywhere.
Gone may have not been the right word. Found in a way that someone using the game for leisure vs a job having to hunt for information may be more accurate.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to the player wiki and type 'wall safe' in the search box?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whew! Thank the Gods that we got away from that awfully complicated and confusing check system!!! :rolleyes2:

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm confused as to why i need a regular bank box and a secured bank box... What benefit do i gain from having a wall safe? I'm confused... transferring gold from one account to another is very easy..

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
To me it would make sense if the secure account was used for all kind of trading, vendors, trading between players, wall safe, insurance, tranfer money to and from player/community vendors.
This way, you could keep most gold in bank and alot trading, buying would not empty your bank. Also your chars could still have their own economy.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So are checks like this now considered a "rare" as the don't spawn anymore I wonder?!
Stratics defines a "rare" as any item that no longer spawns, so technically yes, all checks would now be considered rares and could be sold on the rares forum if a person wanted to do that. I doubt people would have much interest in buying them for a couple years though.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gosh (old word) Petra, I can't read the name in Yellow at the bottom of your whatsitcalled. By the way, nouns are the first to go in the vocabulary loss dept.
Signature - I've edited it. That was Runlykell, my cowardly crafter who when danger threatens will Run like 'ell

[anchor]s2s-dummy-link[/anchor]

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know why the even bothered putting in the whole "secure account" part instead of just taking the gold straight from your bank account instead

the whole concept is stupid and an unnecessary extra step for no reason at all