• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"w00t for Super Speed"

G

That was the actual quote from someone in the skill house I'm visiting right now.

Go, super speed, go!

J

jammybob

perhaps he's excited about the $1 skill bonus he might get on pizza later?

T

TKSpeedy1

Funny....I said almost the same thing at a money house earlier. I was moving slow and then suddenly, my sim practically flew to the bathroom when I clicked on it. I've never seen her (or any of my sims) move so fast.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The max skill bonus is $5, not $1 if you bother to play with sims who also have taken the time to skill in their skill.....if not then yeah you're gonna get a lower skill bonus but its not $1 across the board, I've seen $1, $2, $3, $4 and $5 depending on the point spread on the table at the time. Its based on cumulative points on the table, not just how many points YOU have at the time....this seems to be a common misconception and I'm not sure why it's not being understood when that rumor is squelched.

I would agree that it would be *nice* if the skill bonus went up to double, meaning that the top end was $10 instead of $5, but even besides skill bonus you get more money per pizza the higher the cumulative skill score is on the table, so that's not the only place you need to look in order to realize that skilling gets you a higher return on your time spent in-game, though admittedly not as much as it used to before the cities were merged.

M

MandiK

I still havent seen the skilling super speed!

Then again, I hardly ever play anymore.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The max skill bonus is $5, not $1 if you bother to play with sims who also have taken the time to skill in their skill.....if not then yeah you're gonna get a lower skill bonus but its not $1 across the board, I've seen $1, $2, $3, $4 and $5 depending on the point spread on the table at the time. Its based on cumulative points on the table, not just how many points YOU have at the time....this seems to be a common misconception and I'm not sure why it's not being understood when that rumor is squelched.

I would agree that it would be *nice* if the skill bonus went up to double, meaning that the top end was $10 instead of $5, but even besides skill bonus you get more money per pizza the higher the cumulative skill score is on the table, so that's not the only place you need to look in order to realize that skilling gets you a higher return on your time spent in-game, though admittedly not as much as it used to before the cities were merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, i was playing one sim 20 skill, the other 3 had 19, yet only $1
Thats 3 points short of max, shouldn't i at least have got $2 bonus if you're right on that?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If YOU bothered to play yesterday you would have noticed that in EA-LAND the pizza bonus dropped to $1. Thats for 4x20 team. An avg 10 tea also gets $1.

Also there are quite few posts on the fact that pizza payouts were cut in half.

Skilling does not get you much in pizza.

<center>
</center>
This was our reward yesterday for a large..... Notice the $1 for a team with 3x20 and 1 15. Thats what a large pays now.

I

imported_debslee

*Holds on dearly to her Bot Factory Job and prays silently that the pay doesnt decrease*....

G

Is it correct to assume that the bot fatory payouts were also cut in half with the merge? I noticed that payouts would be normally $25 are now ?$12?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, i was playing one sim 20 skill, the other 3 had 19, yet only $1
Thats 3 points short of max, shouldn't i at least have got $2 bonus if you're right on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does seem like with that spread that you would have. I've been on a table with a similar score distribution and got 3-4 simolean skill bonus. Maybe they are adjusting the skill bonus with the dynamic payouts, but if that is the case then IMO they really shouldn't be.....the base payout per pizza should go up and down, but skills are always what they are, so I don't see any legitimacy behind making the skills themselves less valuable in the skill bonus. A 10 is always a 10 until is skilled more or it decays, and a 20 is always a 20 until it decays. This is something I'll bring up in the Town Hall if I catch Lee or Greg there and see if they can't at least make the skill bonuses consistent even if the payout per successful pizza never will be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Holds on dearly to her Bot Factory Job and prays silently that the pay doesnt decrease*....

[/ QUOTE ]

The sim job payouts SEEM to be pretty consistent, and not part of the dynamic aspect which is why I always try to encourage people to put at least one of their avatars on the track so they will have at least that steady income. I get approximately 1000 simoleans a shift when working the diner job at my level. With payouts such that they seem to be, you can't do that in one green cycle with anything else. *That* is what they call power gaming LOL.

G

*Looks at topic*

What exactly do payouts have to do with super speed?

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Looks at topic*

What exactly do payouts have to do with super speed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me busted! Mea culpa....sorry, the path went down that way when somebody made the wise crack about skill speeds meaning *nothing* when payouts were so low.

I need to make another pot of wet noodles. I've been getting swatted with them alot lately and they break easily so I'm almost out.