• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there anywhere that has a summary of everything with VvV i can look at?

still getting down how the alter stuff works. Do you not get something like points/silver/anything for killing people?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anywhere that has a summary of everything with VvV i can look at?

still getting down how the alter stuff works. Do you not get something like points/silver/anything for killing people?
Ditto ! Fill me in.... Can't log to play with it at the moment but I'd still like to know.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I want to know is:

Do all guilds get the VvV systems messages in their chat? Do only guilds with membership active in VvV get VvV sys messages in chat?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can check out these patch notes to give you an overview, full notes for 86 WW will be posted once all the UI features are together.

@Cetric there are three varieties of points in play. Battle points are indicated by a battle status gump that pops up when you enter an active battle region. This is a measure of how close any one guild is to winning the match. You can earn battle points by being the only guild/alliance that is alive within the battle city region, returning the sigil, claiming and altar, and killing opposing guilds. Silver points are then awarded to each individual in the battle city, in real time. Silver points can be spent at the Silver Trader and redeemed for a variety of rewards. Finally there are score points - these points are a measure of what activities a player completes during their time in VvV. These are viewable at the end of the battle in the end of battle summary gump, and will be (along with a variety of other stats) available on MyUO and an in-game leaderboard.

@Viquire If a member is opted into VvV, that guild will receive VvV messages.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks @Kyronix , i'm starting to get the hang of it.

Couple quick bugs/issues i wanted to point out:

i got guard wacked and went stat while in VvV

Since myself and all my guild mates are green, i cannot tell if i am grey, my guild mates are grey, or they are red. Said guard wack happened because i healed a red guildmate that i didn't know was red, in a guard zone. Any way of doing something different with that?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks @Kyronix , i'm starting to get the hang of it.

Couple quick bugs/issues i wanted to point out:

i got guard wacked and went stat while in VvV

Since myself and all my guild mates are green, i cannot tell if i am grey, my guild mates are grey, or they are red. Said guard wack happened because i healed a red guildmate that i didn't know was red, in a guard zone. Any way of doing something different with that?
Were you in an active battle city? Guards are only removed from cities where there is an active battle.

Did you actively join VvV? Or were you just a participant from healing your VvV guildmate?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to highjack this thread..
But this all green, is not so cool..
I ressed a m8s war-horse last night on TC, and i went grey..( both him and pet, were green to me)
I was near Yew MG, and got the guards can be called on you message..
(I didnt change to grey, on my screen..this is kinda odd..)
This was out of VvV battle

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Viquire If a member is opted into VvV, that guild will receive VvV messages.
That's what I thought. Bigger pvm guilds now have something to think about. On that note, if in an alliance one guild is set aside to VvV, does the whole alliance get the sys msg?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe reds should overrule green. I also believe a fix could be the Siege rules for reds in town, I believe you can heal and res reds in town on Siege without getting guard killed but you will go grey I think.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Were you in an active battle city? Guards are only removed from cities where there is an active battle.

Did you actively join VvV? Or were you just a participant from healing your VvV guildmate?
I was in an inactive war zone where guards are active, the point is though, I healed a guildmate who was also in vvv, but he was red... I had no way of knowing he was red because he appeared green to me. This flagged me criminal. So the problem was not being able to distinguish his hue, because he only appears green

HugsNKissesUO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I believe reds should overrule green. I also believe a fix could be the Siege rules for reds in town, I believe you can heal and res reds in town on Siege without getting guard killed but you will go grey I think.
I was in an inactive war zone where guards are active, the point is though, I healed a guildmate who was also in vvv, but he was red... I had no way of knowing he was red because he appeared green to me. This flagged me criminal. So the problem was not being able to distinguish his hue, because he only appears green
Probably just something that was overlooked in a code or something, as they're usually gray/red every other time.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really hope the developers backed up the faction system. Hopefully this VvV thing won't stay for long I cannot believe this made it off of Test Center.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
fix that stuff... god... just got guard wacked again cause i healed a guildy at a moongate... hes just hued green to me so who the hell knows what his status is.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
flagging system.png
This is the obvious solution...
Criminal status on the fill, and guild / VvV status on the border