• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV leaderboards

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

It would be nice to have a monthly or rotational wipe of the VvV leaderboards, so they could actually be put to some sort of usage and make town fighting fun and tracked.

Currently the boards are full of crazy numbers like 80 million points, most of which are people or guilds that don't even PvP, they just farmed points for items

Sure a greater system would be better, but as it sits that leaderboard is 100% pointless.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV needs an upgrade full stop.

The basic concept is fine.

The leaderboards and rewards need to be bumped up a lot, and no antique.
In fact quite the opposite, blessed, repairable, permanent.

Pvp rewards should sit top of the tree.
Followed by equality between crafted and pve lootable.

Depends on type of pvper I guess, but I like to pvp for decent objectives.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive posted this a couple times now. VvV is another thing the devs released broken and never fixed. They basically killed a nostalgic faction system and then released something and left it to die.

1. get rid of the big bulky window. No PvPer has room for that on the screen.
2. Make the usable rewards... crimson for example more expensive to get. After someone joins and gets the free 500 and buys a crimmy there is no reason to continue.
3. make it harder to stealth in these towns. put a timer on it.
4. put the alters in a place where choke points can be built.
5. give a monthly or quarterly special reward to the player with best kd ratio or most kills for that quater or most alters won... etc...
6. Put red healers in fel towns...
7. Get rid of towns with out moongates close by perhaps limiting it to just 4 towns so fel based players have "safe" towns to do things in.
8. make traps last until they are broken.
9. make the turn in for sigils stolen a timer like alters. probably not as long but they should have to wait making it possible to catch thieves.
10. get rid of all the junk arti rewards... They are useless no one uses them, especially since the new loot system has been in place.
11. make rewards harder to achieve. let us store more points past 10k.
12. add clean up dyes to rewards, or new pvp specific dyes. PvPers love their colors... :)
13. spawn monsters at each stage of an alter being held.
14. give a scroll if an alter has been fought for. If possession changes once, give a 105, twice 110, 3 times 115, 4 times 120. Make it unscriptable. Good luck with that part... :)
15. perhaps tie in vvv with champ spawns... bring both back into popularity...
16. spawn a harby if 5 alters are won in a row.
17. If towns are won by a certain guild over and over make a public gen chat announcement to everyone on how bad ass they are...
18. If someone enters a vvv area their bar gets put up to everyone else in the area... and vice versa
19. make a high end reward that gives a random legendary item.
20. try to get more non vvv players into those area for more killing. Risk reward scenarios.... fel thunts, champs, harbys... anything to make it worth it for pvmers to try and compete
21. make a reward a runebook to all vvv towns thats blessed in the name of the toon that receives it. let it gain a charge every 6 hours.
22. Dont ever stop changing or updating the system. As soon as you stop it gets un popular.
23. Take advice from actual pvpers... These are the people you weeded out because they had reports on their accounts. These are the people you constantly disregard even though they pay the same subs. wipe all reports and start clean for everyone. I guarantee the reports are from a time when you actually enforced the rules.
24. Do something with the name VvV... what is the point of vice vs virtue.... from what i can tell there is none.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on holiday and cannot log in, so I'm stuck on forums

The time of Factions was up, it had died and had to go, this is coming from the most die-hard factioner ever.
VvV was an ok replacement, they just did not give the PvP function the priority it deserved.

PvP is UO endgame, but should be open and enjoyable to all.
It's what people do who want to let their hair down, and often those people are the ones who can complete all PvE objectives in their sleep, they want something that is unpredictable and inspires the raw emotions of winning and losing, that has meaning in the game context. It's where they go to test skill v other players, or to win stuff, or to outwit other players - the premise being that players have greater AI than bosses ever can currently.

1. get rid of the big bulky window. No PvPer has room for that on the screen.
Of course, this is so obvious I forget about it. Just make it a lot smaller.

2. Make the usable rewards... crimson for example more expensive to get. After someone joins and gets the free 500 and buys a crimmy there is no reason to continue.
Agreed. No need for the Crimson even, this overlaps with Peerless, which is a perfectly fine working system (almost).

3. make it harder to stealth in these towns. put a timer on it.
The issue of how powerful stealth is currently is a whole topic for itself. They've even tried to make it harder with the Mana Spike VvV reward. I think Mana Spike should be usable all over Felucca, not just active VvV towns.
As it is, Mana Spike, while nice try, is almost pointless.

4. put the alters in a place where choke points can be built.
Nice thought :)

5. give a monthly or quarterly special reward to the player with best kd ratio or most kills for that quater or most alters won... etc...
Yes. Both.

6. Put red healers in fel towns...
Fair enough.

7. Get rid of towns with out moongates close by perhaps limiting it to just 4 towns so fel based players have "safe" towns to do things in.
There are ways to all, not completely necessary.

8. make traps last until they are broken.
Traps need a huge damage buff, they should almost kill a player.
Traps are a fun random part of PvP, the preparation, planning, obtaining and placing traps is very valid and should be a bigger part of town PvP. They are currently pointless.

9. make the turn in for sigils stolen a timer like alters. probably not as long but they should have to wait making it possible to catch thieves.
Have some mercy on rogues :)
Not necessary if other parts were implemented to make it harder on rogues, traps were buffed, rogues with remove trap could be used, make it more fun all round.

10. get rid of all the junk arti rewards... They are useless no one uses them, especially since the new loot system has been in place.
Absolutely. A key part of having nothing to fight for. Did I mention Antique...?!

11. make rewards harder to achieve. let us store more points past 10k.
Yes.

12. add clean up dyes to rewards, or new pvp specific dyes. PvPers love their colors... :)
Lol, some do, some just want gear to kill more :)
But yes, my TB faction purple/blue mount, best ever ingame.

13. spawn monsters at each stage of an alter being held.
Nah.

14. give a scroll if an alter has been fought for. If possession changes once, give a 105, twice 110, 3 times 115, 4 times 120. Make it unscriptable. Good luck with that part... :)
Not necessary and overlaps an already decent system.

15. perhaps tie in vvv with champ spawns... bring both back into popularity...
Don't think necessary.

16. spawn a harby if 5 alters are won in a row.
Lol no thank you!
A. Pvpers do not run pvm templates, we can't kill monsters, not designed for it.
B. Harbies ruin armour, pvp does that enough already!

17. If towns are won by a certain guild over and over make a public gen chat announcement to everyone on how bad ass they are...
Hell yes.

18. If someone enters a vvv area their bar gets put up to everyone else in the area... and vice versa
Maybe too many bars, not practical.

19. make a high end reward that gives a random legendary item.
Yes.

20. try to get more non vvv players into those area for more killing. Risk reward scenarios.... fel thunts, champs, harbys... anything to make it worth it for pvmers to try and compete
.?

21. make a reward a runebook to all vvv towns thats blessed in the name of the toon that receives it. let it gain a charge every 6 hours.
Not really necessary.

22. Dont ever stop changing or updating the system. As soon as you stop it gets un popular.
Well, just tweaks, if it works it doesn't need changing.

23. Take advice from actual pvpers... These are the people you weeded out because they had reports on their accounts. These are the people you constantly disregard even though they pay the same subs. wipe all reports and start clean for everyone. I guarantee the reports are from a time when you actually enforced the rules.
Lot of the pvpers come up with a load of crap as well ;)
But on this topic, please wipe my slate clean, and get rid of my -100k luck ratio attached to my account...!

24. Do something with the name VvV... what is the point of vice vs virtue.... from what i can tell there is none.
Separate topic for me - buff the Virtues a little, to make them more meaningful in today's game.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VVV is awful, only good thing vvv ever did was shorten stat time, that's it. I prefer factions ten times more then this crap. All factions need was some updates to be better, not a remove and replace. Factions just suffered like all old content, it has been updated just like 98% of pvm content hasn't been updated in the past ten plus years. Bring factions back!!

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV needs a update bad.

1. Fix leaderboards- reset every 3-4 months top players get special rewards that last untill the next reset (dyes,mounts,tittle)
2. update VvV rewards / make artifacts harder to get
3. Make towns harder to capture...Capturing a town gives u a town skull (town skulls decay in 1-2days if not used)..having all of the town skulls and the spawn skulls would spawn an updated harrower which would drop new items ex- 1 charge powder of fort that can be used on an antiq item
4. (this one might be hard to do but would be cool) Some kind of battleground 5v5 that you can join and it puts u with 4 other random people which u fight 5 other random people..winning team gets to kill a boss that has a chance to drop certain items. (kinda stole this idea from albion)

any new changes would have to have the rewards not be scriptable or transferable...tbh anything would be better then the current system...legit 0 reason to pvp or do towns.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better mounts or better hued mounts would be nice. The Red and blue just doesn't cut it. Faction war horses were a status symbol, vvv horses leave something to be desired.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn near everyone sees vvv has potential, it just needs refined a bit. More reason to do it. And it would be great.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss town control from factions, that needs to be brought back and updated. Bring back having to fight over sigils instead of just thieving them to give to npcs, of course they need to have a better timer then the old days. Maybe instead of faction control give it to guild control of towns and allow people to defend their towns. PVE has no place in active fel towns, remove anything pve related.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All factions needed was a shorter stat time, better rewards and a drop to 2 factions from 4 to reflect the current playerbase.