• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VS and official forums not working

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VS has been having issues all week havent seen this addressed yet anywhere and i cant seem to do anything on the UO forums, keeps saying i dont have permission?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VS has seemed to turn off for a few minutes more than normal and sometimes take a while for a search that has many results in the last few weeks.

UO.com was really slow to load about 30 mins ago and now it is down.

Forum is another story.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I find that if I go to another server (NOT Malas) that VS works a bit better...less people maybe? I don't know but that seems to work for me.

It's still a bit slower then normal but at least I get results.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
VS has been having issues all week havent seen this addressed yet anywhere and i cant seem to do anything on the UO forums, keeps saying i dont have permission?
Depending on the browser you are using for the official forum, you might have trouble logging in. It's a known issue that has been going on for about a month now. The work around is to use FireFox which appears to work for most people that are having issues.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
VS very inconsistent for me over last couple of days. I used to do better when searching in New Mag or Ter Mur.. but no luck there today.

Still can't stay logged on the official forum. I'm not downloading Firefox for one website.

mihali

Lore Keeper
VS should be fixed to always work, esp. weekends when folks that work may have a chance to play more, or even play. What could be gunking it? Must be something that partially corrupts the database with bits of "misinformation" or wrong data somehow. It seems like this is a cumulative event, that seems to happen in an incremental fashion. It is "fixed" then after a few days of use it needs to be malfunctioning again. If it is almost always that when VS is not working, the uo forum is not working correctly? Then could be another issue altogether. Who knows, since none of the player programmers have any access to the code, there is no way to recommend anything.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VS very inconsistent for me over last couple of days. I used to do better when searching in New Mag or Ter Mur.. but no luck there today.

Still can't stay logged on the official forum. I'm not downloading Firefox for one website.
my main house is in Ter Mur Pac VS is very unstable/ unusable (this isn't unleashed) last few days
on my PC I only use Firefox no problems at all still with "official forums"
I use safari on my iPhone/iPad no problems "official forums"
sorry you all are having a hard time with the "official forums"

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VS isnt working just get time out took to long message for me on pac
and cant open second client now im getting this error

error.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VS isnt working just get time out took to long message for me on pac
and cant open second client now im getting this error

View attachment 141362
That just means it can not read the News because UO.com is down. You do not have to answer. And you can run second third fourth client just fine.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think perhaps the latest patch did something to allow them unlimited access again.
You really think players are on VS looking at prices over and over?

A person has to type in what they want to search or do the evil robots do that also?

And why would they need an EJ account? If they make $ on UO, they can afford real accounts.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You really think players are on VS looking at prices over and over?

A person has to type in what they want to search or do the evil robots do that also?
This can definitely be done. Whether or not it is being done, I don't know. I can say that at one time it was being done. I'm not sure it is profitable enough to do with a paid account, but I suppose, if you have an account that isn't doing anything else... why not.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That just means it can not read the News because UO.com is down. You do not have to answer. And you can run second third fourth client just fine.
I get that message a lot and always click yes

but this morning I couldnt open a second client as well

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FYI - I just tried using VS with an EJ account an received a message I must wait X minutes to use VS again after my first search. Looks like if that was re-enabled at one point that is no longer the case unless there is some sort series of actions needed to enable EJ searching.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How many did you do? I think they put a limit on them.

EJs are players too.
I only did it once, but my guess is that there are now more EJ accounts than active paid. Active players I wouldn't think would waste time searching for items, automated EJs (yeah tin foil hat I know, but I also know what good scripts can do) would not be bothered by the task(s) even with cool down.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly how long should an issue like forum login take to fix an hour? A day cuz we're going on a month..

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
A well located and established community vendor house despite VS thrives. Sure it's great that you can do a search for specific things, that's never been better than knowing where you can find a solid vendor that provides what you need.

My perspective is that VS took away from community Interaction as opposed to building community communication.

Building community should be our focus. Those interactions are what make us great.

*throws another log on the fire and taps his pipe for another round*