• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vrulkax and altering

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hi crafters!
Since UO team never document fully what they are doing, and provide zero support after something is done, I want to make this thread to summarize what this Vrulkax artifiicer actually can do. It is one standing in Ter Mur city near soul forge.
By info from UO website he is for doom recipes craftes artifacts. Yes, I successfully altered Britches of Warding and Gloves of Feudal grip. I know he can alter Cuffs of Arch mage.
Also I was able to alter through him :
1-Glenda (disc mace)
2- The Deceiver (dual short axes)
3- Bow of Infinite swarms => Glaive of infinite swarms (thanks to @Mordha )
4- Spell Woven Britches (thanks to McDougle)

Any other items you managed to alter through him?

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi crafters!
Since UO team never document fully what they are doing, and provide zero support after something is done, I want to make this thread to summarize what this Vrulkax artifiicer actually can do. It is one standing in Ter Mur city near soul forge.
By info from UO website he is for doom recipes craftes artifacts. Yes, I successfully altered Britches of Warding and Gloves of Feudal grip. I know he can alter Cuffs of Arch mage.
Also I was able to alter through him :
1-Glenda (disc mace)
2- The Deceiver (dual short axes)

Any other items you managed to alter through him?
Not the collar of fortune (blessed) not sure about regular mempo of fortune

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not the collar of fortune (blessed) not sure about regular mempo of fortune
Also add spellweaving britches yes

One important thing is tied I think to the blessed item not working is the item must be unused and altered in no way or the guy won't take I tried multiple pairs of the britches until I figured out they all had durability missing...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Also add spellweaving britches yes

One important thing is tied I think to the blessed item not working is the item must be unused and altered in no way or the guy won't take I tried multiple pairs of the britches until I figured out they all had durability missing...
Interesting. Can you alter them if you fully repair and pof them to max durability?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I like this glaive so much!
Pity you cannot same way alter Medusa drop Fey slayer bow and driftwood one. They are pretty cheap on all shards, good for beginners. @Kyronix if one day you will read this, can we add more bows to Vrulkax artifiicer's abilities? And Abhorrence too, please :))

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Abhorrence would be good to altar, or just add a new shadow lord drop.
the MEdusa bow is inferior to a crafted fey slayer bow.