• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Vote for Kirthag as Governor of Yew

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes! Your's truly has returned and is once more involved in making sure Napa is the shard of choice for us all! I am re-dedicating myself to events on Napa - for both the Trammel as well as the Felucca mindsets.

All Yew Need Library & Vendor House
Situated just off the north corner of the Empath Abbey, my home is open to all. With a growing library containing not only rune books, but also interesting reading from both the world and its citizens.

The Iron Sword
A tavern and arena built north of the infamous PK-alley of Felucca, Yew. This establishment is set up with community specifically in mind. First, as a nod to taverns of old (like the Red Eye Tavern of Trinsic) for the sharing of tales and adventures. Second, as an area (think the days of Shanarra) for everything from Free-For-Alls to Organized Jousts. Already, events are being planned for one and all to come and take part!

Yew Improvement Campaign
Long have citizens of Yew felt neglected by the gods. Our sprawling city, although rustic in nature, is one that is full of history and lore. Is there any surprise that the Elven Haven is located in the center of Yew's township? Or that the prison for all of Sosaria is established under our jurisdiction? When the plague hit the realm, it was Yew that was inflicted the worst. And yet, through all of this, we are still forgotten when times are good.

I propose a Yew Cleanup Initiative. The half completed barricade around our central commerce area needs to be completed or removed. I believe our citizens want it removed - to return to the clean, open, rustic feeling that we have always been known for. I also will actively campaign the gods for a Port of Yew. A place where our seafaring citizens may dock their boats and ships - where commerce may thrive and transportation of goodes between Yew and the other cities more viable and in line with the future of our realm.

A Brief History

My first steps within Napa were taken behind the venerable stone walls of the Yew Empath Abbey. Since that day, I have always held a love of the huge trees for which this fair city is named. I've broken bread and blade with many who have roots in Yew - from the legendary Adam Ant of GUL to the long gone friends who helped me form my first guild, the Pagans of Evergreen right in Yew - and every guild I've formed and run since that time has had its heart in Yew. Even the Bringers of Light (based outside of Trinsic) held formal ties with Yew.

I say to you, citizens of Yew - don't you want someone with the ENTIRE community in mind to lead our city? Don't you want a person who has a history as well as a deeply rooted love for our Shard to lead Yew out of the mists? Forget titles! How about some trade deals? Forget clout! How about some activity? Forget segregation! A shard united is a shard active.

We, the citizens of Sosaria, help to shape and mold our shards. Despite what the gods desire, we still have a say in what we wish to see happen, how we want that to happen, and of course - to HAVE it happen. It takes the leaders of a shard to make it happen. As guilds have come and gone, the gods have seen fit to formalize our role as contributors into our world. They've done that by granting us governorship over our cities.

Vote for me - my brothers and sisters within the Spirit of Sosaria. I will ensure that with every ounce of my spirit and passion, I will do for Yew, and Napa, what you would want done.

Vote for me, Kirthag DiOrsae, as Governor of Yew.

I wrote and approve of this message. :)

Last edited:

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I kinda' have to ask.... are you running against anyone? I know Seona already won Jhelom because it's just me. If there are others, though, I'd be happy to put my vote in for you.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Kirthag DiOrsae is running against the incumbent Tanya Gypsy Lady [LRON].

For what it's worth, David Orcslayer , Osyn-Dal [C!C], and yours truly have each been re-elected governors of Trinsic, Skara Brae, and New Magincia respectively, without opposition.
Gilanthis [THR] is likely to win re-election in Britain as well, but I'm not monitoring that town stone.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tanya and I met up at the stone yesterday - I suppose she was also checking the standing. We had a little bit of friendly chit-chat and we both promised to play fair in this election. :)

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, I'll make sure to throw my vote in for you when I get back on later tonight.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
HAI!!!

I've been asked by more people than I can count how to vote.. so I finally got may twitch channel working, and made a quick video! Really, is only 2 minutes, really quick like, and explains how to vote.

Expect more videos as I get used to this. :)

Seona

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I did too, but you were waaaay behind... you're going to have to push it, Kirthag!

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much for this being a fair election. The rules really need to be updated i.e. must be
a resident(home owner) of the shard you are voting on.
And please do not remove a piece of Napa History. We have so little of it left.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not wanting to remove anything... hopefully the EM will see fit to finish the wall around Yew so it doesn't look so ragged.

Even if I personally want it removed, if the citizens of Yew want it there (and completed), then so be it.
If I am voted to governorship, it is for Yew... not myself. A poll will be placed for citizens to vote on issues related to our city - and I will make sure it happens.