• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Volcano??

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, following on from the advice of Devil's Own and Patty Pickaxe, I spent some time trying to improve the Ankh which looked abit lonely on its own.

Also I wanted to add a bit of colour as the stones on tower rooves( how do you spell that roofs? lol) just look dark and dismal.

So what better way to warm it up but with a volcano :D

I also added abit of greenery, however I am still thinking it is abit dark and could use more colour, what do you think.

I am also thinking of changing the light blue nets as I think they are a bit glaring on the eye...any thoughts?

So here was the original

Here is the newer version

And here is a close up of the volcano (I'm not sure how to get better pictures...apologies for it being abit blurred)

It's a pity that I cant show the animation... it uses the flickering flame of the fire pit and the buzzing bees of the honey jar to represent the frothing of the lava.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
grab the women and children!! get out while you can!!

holy cow, that looks really, really neat!! great job!

:D

F

feath

Even without animation, that thing looks great! NICE JOB!
Can i put it in the new deco page i'm making? oh, pretty please?

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course you can Feath, I'd be honoured (although I cant remember how I made most of it lol)

F

Flora Green

Oh can I steal that for my Halloween deco? (No contest entry, promise!) I have changed out my water ponds to lava but they are SO bland. I've never wanted or needed a fire elemental statue before. That looks really great. :)

F

feath

you know - standing next to it as a ghost would make a pretty good halloween competition entry ;)

just sayin'

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought about replacing the two flying rocks above the lava with black pumpkins, but it would take ages to put it together again lol.